Hartford Courant: Players Are Key To Edsall's Welcome Back | The Boneyard

Hartford Courant: Players Are Key To Edsall's Welcome Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is the Sportzedge off year four for HCVV?

Reaction Score
Unless the former players are out there recruiting for Edsall their endorsement of Randy makes fans feel good but doesn't do much to improve the quality of athlete willing to commit. That's my biggest concern. UConn needs to out recruit the rest of the AAC. Rolling the dice on potential diamonds in the rough will probably get you 20-25 NFL caliber players every 12 years or so. Is that enough to position UConn for a jump to the P-5? We'll see.

Reaction Score
Unless the former players are out there recruiting for Edsall their endorsement of Randy makes fans feel good but doesn't do much to improve the quality of athlete willing to commit. That's my biggest concern. UConn needs to out recruit the rest of the AAC. Rolling the dice on potential diamonds in the rough will probably get you 20-25 NFL caliber players every 12 years or so. Is that enough to position UConn for a jump to the P-5? We'll see.

There is so much wrong here. You don't "roll the dice" and luck upon 20-25 NFL players. That was an amazing accomplishment, one which you are downplaying significantly and I don't expect to see it replicated. But yes, if the program is producing that much NFL talent, I fully expect them to be in pole position.

Reaction Score
He was able to spot the kid who was under the radar and make him great. Donald Thomas never played HS Football. Think he spotted Beatty playing basketball. That's what we need.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
1gv31c.jpg

Seriously. Jump to the P-5? We've just got to make things better. There are no dice being rolled. Success leads to better recruiting and nobody here is stupid enough to think that former players' endorsements and approval have anything to do with that. Just keep on naysayin'....

Reaction Score

Everyone has been getting along a little too nicely around here this week. It's a good thing we still have stupid posts like this to keep the edge around here.

Reaction Score
My sense is the kids are hungry for change and want a chance to be better and as much as they may have liked Diaco they know he wasn't bringing them to the promise land.

I also think they are going to be in for a rude awakening because the path is "No try. Do" or hit the pine. When RE means hard work he means HARD football work. There is going to be more physical reps day in and day out until they get football hard, mentally and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom