Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
While I agree that the NBA game has changed...im not sure the college game change is as drastic. I also think there is something to be said for a player finishing hard in traffic. Hami looks like the type of player to put his head down and just dunk on whomever is there. That gets the whole team fired up.

MAL is certainly close to our top priority for sure. If Adams improves this yr, he might leave. In which case, we would need all the guards we could get. The loss of Adams and Purvis in the same year would leave very big shoes to fill.

Reaction Score
Gilbert 5'11, MAL 6'2, Adams 6'3. We played 3 point guards plenty of times in the 2014 NCAA Tourney (Samuel, Boat, Bazz) and it worked out just fine. Matter of fact, when Ollie had 3 point guards in vs. Florida in the F4, that's when we went on our 11-0 run. Now that small ball seems like the newest trend in basketball, I almost feel like Adams could potentially guard the 3 position.

I agree. T sam is by far the least skilled out of the pg's referenced above. We would be lucky to have the opportunity to play MAL, Adams and Alterique at once. Fortunately for us, it's a fairly conceivable notion given our standing with MAL at the time!

Reaction Score
I agree. T sam is by far the least skilled out of the pg's referenced above. We would be lucky to have the opportunity to play MAL, Adams and Alterique at once. Fortunately for us, it's a fairly conceivable notion given our standing with MAL at the time!

Exactly. The majority of college teams I watched this year also play 3 guards so there wouldn't be any matchup problems.

Reaction Score
The NBA "going small" does not actually mean playing more or smaller guards. It's about playing small or perimeter-oriented big men. Golden State in their small lineup plays 4 guys taller than 6'6". UConn would have 3 guys 6'2" or shorter. When UConn went small in 2014, at least Samuel was 6'4", and for Villanova Foye was 6'4" also.

caw

Reaction Score
The NBA "going small" does not actually mean playing more or smaller guards. It's about playing small or perimeter-oriented big men. Golden State in their small lineup plays 4 guys taller than 6'6". UConn would have 3 guys 6'2" or shorter. When UConn went small in 2014, at least Samuel was 6'4", and for Villanova Foye was 6'4" also.

Dee Brown, Luther Head and Deron Williams were all shorter than 6'3 and a FF team.

Villanova played four guards that year Ray, Foye, Nardi and Lowry. I want to say they started all four at points and if not they definitely played all four together at times. Foye may have been 6'4 but the other three were 6'2 or shorter. I think their center was only 6'8.

C

Chief00

Don't rule out reclassifying and UConn in September - my own view is that's our best chance. Then he can play two years - but we may not want to push it due to relationship with PSA coach.

Reaction Score
No, of course the program doesn't immediately turn to dust if we lose him. I view this as a psychological thing...a momentum thing.

First, KO has been improving on the recruiting front and you want to see that continue. Now is not the time for complacency. There is still more hill to climb. He has not hit the level of Duke, Kentucky, UNC, or Kansas yet and I might dare say he has not hit the same level as some lesser teams. One top 5 class is great but you also have to look at the quality averaged over time. And, even top 5 is not THE top. So, on both an individual yearly basis and a, say, rolling average basis, there is still room for improvement.

Second, if you are going to see improvement, this is the kind of recruit he has to get. He was on him early. The kid is basically local. The early word was that he loved KO and UConn so much that we were a lock. Any kid at this level is going to generate interest from the squid and/or coach K. And, honestly, he isn't even their #1 target, like he is for us. If you are going to ever land a top 10ish kid, the opportunity doesn't get much better than this. If he loses him, it starts to look like he might never be able to compete for kids this high.

I admit, there is a lot of personal opnion and perspective in there but that is how I see it.

I tend to agree with this.

If we land Diallo, that draws the attention of the next generation of Top 10 guys. Doesn't mean we get them, but we at least get a look. It feels like we don't even get a serious look from that caliber of recruit anymore, and Diallo could reverse that trend.

Reaction Score
Funny how no one had all that much nationally to say about Diallo until UK was on him. Now he is "UK target Diallo". I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited to add: Of course it is a homer tweet and article so....

Reaction Score
Funny how no one had all that much nationally to say about Diallo until UK was on him. Now he is "UK target Diallo". I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Edited to add: Of course it is a homer tweet and article so....

This source is propaganda at best.

Reaction Score
More Hamidou Diallo news via link from Tweet.

“The main things that I have found to appeal the most to my recruitment is communication, comfort and a school that will allow me to play my game,” he said.

Sounds promising still

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Planning on filling rosters 2 years down the road with kids who haven't committed is a lot like taking a powerball ticket to the mortgage lender.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know Hamidou talks to Kentucky, I would be surprised if they weren't [at Peach Jam]. I know Duke will be there. I know Oregon will be there. I know UConn will be there. UNLV just offered him, so they'll obviously be there."

Reaction Score
One on one with Hamidou Diallo

From the Duke Scout.com site.

Since the Hampton EYLB in mid-May, which programs would you say are regularly communicating with you?

I’m in regular contact with I would say Kentucky, Connecticut, Syracuse, Arizona, Kansas, bunch of schools, it’s hard, it’s a bunch of schools. I take every call and respond to every text because I haven’t cut my list down and it’d be unfair to them if I didn’t respond, I’m still interested in them.

Reaction Score
One on one with Hamidou Diallo

From the Duke Scout.com site.

Since the Hampton EYLB in mid-May, which programs would you say are regularly communicating with you?

I’m in regular contact with I would say Kentucky, Connecticut, Syracuse, Arizona, Kansas, bunch of schools, it’s hard, it’s a bunch of schools. I take every call and respond to every text because I haven’t cut my list down and it’d be unfair to them if I didn’t respond, I’m still interested in them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Interesting he didn't mention duke to a Duke reporter. Still hearing our main competition is Kentucky and cuse, same as before. This would be a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom