Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No, I'd say we beat them. Just like we beat Kansas, Louisville and Maryland for Adams; just like we beat Syracuse, Louisville, Texas and Maryland for Gilbert; just like we beat UCLA, Arizona, Maryland and Oregon for Jackson; just like we beat Indiana, Florida and Louisville for Durham.

There are no caveats here. Over the last three years we've repeatedly signed top players that other top schools have wanted. Now we're back to the level where we're doing it against Duke and Kentucky, with our success rate to be determined. Period.
A little ambitious but I like where your heads at. The truth is though like Walker said not all offers are the same. Did KU and Louisville offer Adams? Yes of course. But I don't think they made him the priority that Ollie made him, they were likely on other guys (Kansas was for sure) and we're seeing how those played out.

Players are keenly aware of which coach has them prioritized, and is a huge part of where they commit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Shut up and go to your rooms....

I am an ass for saying this, but this thread is a great example of why top recruiting people leave this board.
You're the hero we have, but the one we don't deserve. Someone had to say it. Maybe shut this down, and start a new thread when relevant info comes out.

Reaction Score
You're the hero we have, but the one we don't deserve. Someone had to say it. Maybe shut this down, and start a new thread when relevant info comes out.
And then that one gets infected and rinse, repeat. It's annoying when someone gives some info, even if it's not what we want to hear, and the thread goes off the rails trying to hate on the guy.

Reaction Score

I am an ass for saying this, but this thread is a great example of why top recruiting people leave this board.

Couldn't have been said better.

BUConn10

Reaction Score

Pretty much. This board loves to find a runt in each thread and pound on that dead horse until he atomizes. JimOllie says some dumb stuff sometimes maybe without putting enough thought into his posts but he clearly is a UConn fan and is enthusiastic about the team. Unfortunately for him though he's reached meme status with some posters, so he will get * for almost anything he posts. As for his sources who knows, just like with everything else on this board just take it with a grain of salt and move the hell on.

Reaction Score
A little ambitious but I like where your heads at. The truth is though like Walker said not all offers are the same. Did KU and Louisville offer Adams? Yes of course. But I don't think they made him the priority that Ollie made him, they were likely on other guys (Kansas was for sure) and we're seeing how those played out.

Players are keenly aware of which coach has them prioritized, and is a huge part of where they commit.

My recollection was that Louisville went after Adams pretty hard.

And, more broadly, to the extent that schools prioritize a player is largely contingent on their chances of getting him, so it's kind of a chicken and an egg thing in many cases. While I don't think KU was that hard after Hamilton (was that the class they got Oubre?), the fact that schools backed off because they thought he was going to UCLA doesn't necessarily diminish the accomplishment of getting him...just like when we sign a recruit from New England, we're almost always beating out Boston College regardless of whether or not they actually pursued him.

Reaction Score
My recollection was that Louisville went after Adams pretty hard.

And, more broadly, to the extent that schools prioritize a player is largely contingent on their chances of getting him, so it's kind of a chicken and an egg thing in many cases. While I don't think KU was that hard after Hamilton (was that the class they got Oubre?), the fact that schools backed off because they thought he was going to UCLA doesn't necessarily diminish the accomplishment of getting him...just like when we sign a recruit from New England, we're almost always beating out Boston College regardless of whether or not they actually pursued him.

You have a good memory. Jalen Adams was not behind anyone at those schools. They wanted him.

Reaction Score
PSA jumped the shark and went from a hiding place to a nationally recognized program over the course of several years and now they're a serious factory..

Jumping the gun a little bit on basketball "factory." With what? 2 arguably 3 top 100 kids in their existence? There are teams with 3, 4, 5 top 100 kids in their starting lineup every year. The 30 for 30 on those schools would be much more entertaining.

There is no evidence whatsoever they are not above board. Just because their gym and campus is not a country club like most of NEPSAC doesn't mean they do anything different from the rest of the schools.

Besides Mamadou, all the guys from that program go on to play at either low d1, d2, d3 institutions. Many of which have high academic reputations. I'm not naive, I'm sure ***** happens but nothing compared to the real basketball factories.

Also, I believe Coach Espinosa just happened to find a diamond in the rough with Hamidou. Widely documented he was a late bloomer. He was not one of these kids recruited since middle school. You bet your ass Brewster, Oak Hill, Montverde, Pro Prep, Bishop Gorman ( I could go on and on) tried to lure him away from PSA this summer but Hami stayed LOYAL.

Reaction Score
IMHO Diallo is pretty much signed, sealed, and delivered to Kentucky. I am not basing this on any inside information or claiming to be a recruiting guru so don't jump down my throat about that. I just think a lot of factors point to the Squid winning this one.

Reaction Score
IMHO Diallo is pretty much signed, sealed, and delivered to Kentucky. I am not basing this on any inside information or claiming to be a recruiting guru so don't jump down my throat about that. I just think a lot of factors point to the Squid winning this one.

There are many many good reasons why he would want to cultivate Kentucky, and perhaps even commit late to other schools, or UConn.

No matter what anyone says, these top 10 recruiting rankings translate into money.

A lot of players get drafted off those rankings without really busting through as freshman. Just one example: James Young of Kentucky.

I'm not saying the scouts are convinced by recruitniks, but the consensus rankings have an impact on player perception through their freshman year.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I'm not saying the scouts are convinced by recruitniks, but the consensus rankings have an impact on player perception through their freshman year.
And even more so the school they end up committing to.

Reaction Score
It's pretty interesting how mum hd is on mentioning KO or uconn, I remember earlier in the year he deleted a post on gram saying to "go follow my boy *jalens ig handle* and Jalen had a post saying the same but deleted his as well. I mean he retweets when crean visits him but not the three times this month KO did? Wouldn't be shocked if he's pulling an Adams and just blue balling us until he is satisfied with his recruitment... this isn't feeling like a wenyen gabriel recruitment at all.

Reaction Score
Jumping the gun a little bit on basketball "factory." With what? 2 arguably 3 top 100 kids in their existence? There are teams with 3, 4, 5 top 100 kids in their starting lineup every year. The 30 for 30 on those schools would be much more entertaining.

There is no evidence whatsoever they are not above board. Just because their gym and campus is not a country club like most of NEPSAC doesn't mean they do anything different from the rest of the schools.

Besides Mamadou, all the guys from that program go on to play at either low d1, d2, d3 institutions. Many of which have high academic reputations. I'm not naive, I'm sure ***** happens but nothing compared to the real basketball factories.

Also, I believe Coach Espinosa just happened to find a diamond in the rough with Hamidou. Widely documented he was a late bloomer. He was not one of these kids recruited since middle school. You bet your ass Brewster, Oak Hill, Montverde, Pro Prep, Bishop Gorman ( I could go on and on) tried to lure him away from PSA this summer but Hami stayed LOYAL.

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. Do you believe in Santa Claus too? God bless you sir.

Reaction Score
LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. Do you believe in Santa Claus too? God bless you sir.
Youre chomping at the bit for something that isn't really there, what kids have come out of psa with serious baggage? the school didn't start with diarra and diallo, plenty of players, like scoochie smith, went on to play high d1 without any allegations. now who is backing the schools funding is an entirely different conversation that has little to do with the students imo.

Reaction Score
My man.. Listen.. It's cute that you are defending them, I hope it all works out too.. HOWEVER.. I've seen what it was, and seen what it has become. Scoochie was the first. Fine I'll lay it out. Fairfield boosters paid for Scoochie to go to PSA. A former colleague of someone who knew someone who was a Dayton alum got involved when they realized the kid had something... Boom..

Listen, I live down the street, I reaaaaally want this to be a good story, but it's so crazy when the money gets involved... boosters / preps / colleges

Reaction Score
Fairfield boosters paid for Scoochie to go to PSA

"Paid For" implies tuition. Obviously none of these guys are paying a tuition. NONE of them are. All these schools accept donations for scholarships. Colleges steer kids to prep schools all the time. Us included.

or are you implying Dayton paid him to go to PSA? Which, of course you would know because you live down the street, right?

Reaction Score
You are wrong.

Reaction Score
@superjohn are u an insider? I don't mean that in an offensive way. Just curious
No I'm not but i do have a bit of a connection on this one and have heard we are in a good place with him. Our insiders and the other board's insider seem to be hearing the same thing. You never know until its done but I would be surprised if it's not us.

Reaction Score
No I'm not but i do have a bit of a connection on this one and have heard we are in a good place with him. Our insiders and the other board's insider seem to be hearing the same thing. You never know until its done but I would be surprised if it's not us.
Alright cool, thanks!

Reaction Score
The idea that NBA GMs make draft decisions based in part on a kid's high school ranking is one of the strangest ideas that gets floated on this board.

I've been saying this for a while. And guys on here love to call a kid a bust or the program he chose a disservice because the kid was ranked #7 in his high school class last year and wasn't selected in the first round of this years NBA draft. (Diamond Stone comes to mind) Hello. How about the fact that there are probably 20 similarly ranked kids on all the sites in his class that were also one and dones that he was competing with. Then there are all the Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors who were top 20 kids coming out in their recruiting class that went to school for extra years of development (Yes the NBA treasures the young guys that have potential but some late bloomers such Hield put up a very good draft case). And then there a handful of about 5-10 elite european players that they are competing with. And then sometimes it comes down to fit and need of each team.

Reaction Score
The idea that NBA GMs make draft decisions based in part on a kid's high school ranking is one of the strangest ideas that gets floated on this board.
I obviously overall agree. Just taking the other side from a softer approach in my language than what was previously posted, by using Skal as an example of a #1-2 ranked player in his high school class, average 15 minutes per game in his one year in college, then get drafted in the first round.

How many 2016 first round draft picks averaged 6.6 and 3.1?

EDIT in doing some perusal of the 2016 NBA Draft I discovered that Wade Baldwin IV (from Vandy to Memphis, 15ish overall) is from my little hometown of Montgomery, NJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro