Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why don't we set up a Crystal Ball style thread and pin it - we can find out which one of our posters is the most reliable!

^^^ Not a bad idea! We'll see who the Jerry Meyer of the BY is.

Reaction Score
Lost in all this was Chiefs epic bold faced lie about the PSA coach, a perfect illustration of why not all info is good info.

Oh no, it was acknowledged. I place all of chiefs comments into the circular file with a roll of the eyes - for a host of reasons

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Yesterday we got the negative news from JO's source. Made me queasy.

Tuesday was the last day I felt comfortable with where we were with him.
Guys, JimOllie is not an insider. He makes predictions and sometimes talks to players but he doesn't have connections to the program like Oz, 99, Bruce, 3, or others. Do not fret based on his posts. I want him to post, because I like any info on this stuff, but I only worry about bad news from the guys I mentioned before.

Reaction Score
Guys, JimOllie is not an insider. He makes predictions and sometimes talks to players but he doesn't have connections to the program like Oz, 99, Bruce, 3, or others. Do not fret based on his posts. I want him to post, because I like any info on this stuff, but I only worry about bad news from the guys I mentioned before.

Yep and I never claimed to be an insider. 99% of the real info I post on here is from players.

Reaction Score
I think it's also important to remember that on many recruiting or CR related topics -- NO ONE really knows with perfect certainty. I've got some connections on high in the administration that I have the opportunity to chat with on occasion. They have no reason to lie/mislead, but they often caveat everything with the fact that they are also just trying to read the tea leaves and don't have perfect information.

Over the years, I've heard their views on B1G, ACC, B12, AAU, etc, etc. I've heard about specific conversations and analysis and hearsay. I've been quoted odds that this might happen or that might happen and yet nothing has come to fruition. As I think back on those conversations, not once was I told something was definite. Not once do I believe they were lying. It's just the nature of the beast.

Reaction Score
I think it's also important to remember that on many recruiting or CR related topics -- NO ONE really knows with perfect certainty. I've got some connections on high in the administration that I have the opportunity to chat with on occasion. They have no reason to lie/mislead, but they often caveat everything with the fact that they are also just trying to read the tea leaves and don't have perfect information.

Over the years, I've heard their views on B1G, ACC, B12, AAU, etc, etc. I've heard about specific conversations and analysis and hearsay. I've been quoted odds that this might happen or that might happen and yet nothing has come to fruition. As I think back on those conversations, not once was I told something was definite. Not once do I believe they were lying. It's just the nature of the beast.
You're going to the wrong car wash.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And even the insiders are not inside the kid's head. Hence "take thing with a grain of salt" "recruiting is fluid" and we really won't know for sure until it happens.
Kind of funny that if I don't hear the news the moment it breaks I feel cheated. I'm sure I'm not alone. And yet there is no impact to anything other than those neurons in my brain that set this arrangement up.

Wonder what drives us to push for news before it happens. Ego? Impatience? Fear of being left out! Screw those silly neurons.

Reaction Score
I don't know who has connections inside the program except Oz but I don't think 99 does. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he gets his information from recruiting analysts and media members that follow UConn and recruiting specifically. These people usually have their fingers on the pulse of what's going on but let's be honest, none of them usually know exactly what a recruit is thinking. If they did they would publish it since they all get paid to find this stuff out and report it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Lost in all this was Chiefs epic bold faced lie about the PSA coach, a perfect illustration of why not all info is good info.

Chief is a caricature and and Jim Ollie is probably a teenager getting off on any attention he's getting on a message board after 'talking with players'.

Only ones with info who I take to heart are Oz, @3uconn, @Zionn , @husky99, and @CallMeBruce

Anything else is just noise.

Reaction Score
I don't know who has connections inside the program except Oz but I don't think 99 does. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he gets his information from recruiting analysts and media members that follow UConn and recruiting specifically. These people usually have their fingers on the pulse of what's going on but let's be honest, none of them usually know exactly what a recruit is thinking. If they did they would publish it since they all get paid to find this stuff out and report it.

This is 90 % true. I talk to local and regional news reporters, blogger, top recruiting reporters from tos sites, and top uconn boosters(they pay to stand next to ollie, prez , and AD). I also talk to a few aau coaches.

Reaction Score
Chris Smith was Calhouns recruit that made everyone go whoa and made an impact... Could Diallo be Ollie's?

How hard it is to believe now that that guy was supposed to be Daniel Hamilton. Didn't quite work out.

My hunch is that it will be Jalen Adams. He didn't have an extraordinary freshman year, but people will remember the shot he hit against Cincinnati, and people will remember what he's about to do.

Reaction Score
he's got no reason to mislead us. I'm sure he heard what he hear. I just hope there is no legitimacy to it.
Chief has no reason to make up stories about hanging out with Drummond but he still does.

You need to look at some peoples track record before believing or not believing their info

Reaction Score
How hard it is to believe now that that guy was supposed to be Daniel Hamilton. Didn't quite work out.

My hunch is that it will be Jalen Adams. He didn't have an extraordinary freshman year, but people will remember the shot he hit against Cincinnati, and people will remember what he's about to do.
Man I really thought it was purvis, remember the yard was arguing about his ability to lead as a point guard?i have to say Adams was the key recruit for KO overall , the Roxbury ties fresh off a chip , his high rating and moxie... I mean signing him definitively put us in a better position for MAl, creating a mini pipeline with the best aau program in New England. But now there's no doubt hd is must get, the guy can put uconn back in the draft lottery.

Reaction Score
Chief has no reason to make up stories about hanging out with Drummond but he still does.

You need to look at some peoples track record before believing or not believing their info

I might have not been here long enough to understand chief's schtick. But yes, it is weird that he would lie about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom