Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I encourage JimOllie and whoever runs into information to post it. That's what makes this fun. Don't run the ppl with info away lol
Totally agree. Some of the guys on this board really do have connections with the team and it's stupid to put them on blast for passing along info they heard from what would logically be a reliable-ish source (taken with the usual grains of salt) just because you don't like what they have to say.

Reaction Score
I actually hope that's the case. They could maybe want to keep his recruitment quiet and not let out any info. That's very possible.

Exactly, thank you. The last thing I'd want to do is stir up the boneyard regarding our top target with false information.
Haven't heard anything from your big 12 sources since Memphis got cut.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt hami would even tell the current players or talk to him about what way he is leaning seeing he has been tight lipped and humble the entire process.

And I bet the players asked wouldn't answer in the affirmative having no clue what hami was thinking and ruining any friendship/bond they might have from hanging out with hami and knowing he will probably be a regular with coming around on the weekends since he so close with Diarra and close by

JimOllie sources are not actual sources for hami thinking

Telling players he's not coming to Uconn on a visit is like telling an interviewer that you're not going to take the job half way through the interview. It's just kinda tacky.

Reaction Score
Telling players he's not coming to Uconn on a visit is like telling an interviewer that you're not going to take the job half way through the interview. It's just kinda tacky.

That's the main reason I'm skeptical. If he didn't actually tell them "I'm not coming", then were the players just divining his chances of coming to UConn based on what they're feeling or hearing (presumably from the same sources as some of the more plugged in fans)? If so, the "recruiting is fluid" and "grains of salt" apply pretty heavily here. Don't break out the next yet, but at the same time, not exactly exciting news.

Reaction Score
Except for the part where pretty much no one cared about your original prediction, let alone said it was great news or thought it was a scoop.

This. I must have missed the part where people were celebrating his commitment on the basis of Jim's prediction.

And as a general comment... I have no problem with Jim. Seems like a good kid, and as far as I'm concerned, the more information posted on this board, the better...even if you're wrong.

But if you're gonna post provocative stuff then it seems fair that other posters express their doubts/reserves/optimism in accordance with predictions they've made in the past. If you post something negative and you get jumped, then that's the game you signed up for...I don't condone personal attacks but if one guy is posting one thing and five others are shouting him down, that's probably more informative to the average poster than it would be if we all nodded at each other in approval all the time. If Jim nails a couple predictions, maybe the ratio changes. Until then, it's worth mentioning that his track record is far from infallible.

As for this particular bit of news, I'm almost more encouraged than I would have been otherwise. Ham just left campus like five minutes ago. Maybe he let it be known to the guys on the team that it was a long shot, but I doubt it. If guys on the team did have the inside scoop, I doubt they would flaunt around telling anybody that walked up to them. More likely, them being teenagers, they have some fun with it and send the inquirer to the opposite side of town from where the treasure is buried. At least that's what I'd do - "Nah man, Coppin St. leads this one."

I'm far from an insider but as a rule of thumb I'd wager that players rank towards the bottom of the list of people to trust with recruiting info...lots of times because they don't know and some of the time because they probably get tired of answering the same questions.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I appreciate any info anyone gets, but you have to take these things into context.

I'd be more inclined to think they aren't being truthful, either purposely or breaking his balls. If that was the case that he's not coming, I doubt they'd just be blabbing it to random people.

Or they're giving their opinion. Or they strategically said that to keep it on the DL...

My guess is they did it as a goof, but didn't know or are flat out lying.

But the overall point is, any info is fun to analyze and is welcome in my book, but some people's personalities change for the worse with this recruiting news...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This. I must have missed the part where people were celebrating his commitment on the basis of Jim's prediction.

And as a general comment... I have no problem with Jim. Seems like a good kid, and as far as I'm concerned, the more information posted on this board, the better...even if you're wrong.

But if you're gonna post provocative stuff then it seems fair that other posters express their doubts/reserves/optimism in accordance with predictions they've made in the past. If you post something negative and you get jumped, then that's the game you signed up for...I don't condone personal attacks but if one guy is posting one thing and five others are shouting him down, that's probably more informative to the average poster than it would be if we all nodded at each other in approval all the time. If Jim nails a couple predictions, maybe the ratio changes. Until then, it's worth mentioning that his track record is far from infallible.

As for this particular bit of news, I'm almost more encouraged than I would have been otherwise. Ham just left campus like five minutes ago. Maybe he let it be known to the guys on the team that it was a long shot, but I doubt it. If guys on the team did have the inside scoop, I doubt they would flaunt around telling anybody that walked up to them. More likely, them being teenagers, they have some fun with it and send the inquirer to the opposite side of town from where the treasure is buried. At least that's what I'd do - "Nah man, Coppin St. leads this one."

I'm far from an insider but as a rule of thumb I'd wager that players rank towards the bottom of the list of people to trust with recruiting info...lots of times because they don't know and some of the time because they probably get tired of answering the same questions.

Geez, this was the only post I hadn't read when I posted, and then I read it afterwards and it's almost perfectly summing up my thoughts.

I wasted a lot of energy trying to explain my thoughts for nothing...

Reaction Score
Yes there's a reason for that. The Big 12 is dysfunctional and incompetent. There's no point in even following it anymore.

Except for the fact that UConn is supposedly still alive.

Reaction Score
Sadly I'm getting the impression that the next time he half-bakes a post with his own speculation, JimOllie will think back on this and actually think we want to hear it, instead of learning his lesson.
If Diallo picks us, then he has learned something of value. Until then, he has nothing to learn other than what obsession looks like. I just hope we find out soon if his sources are right or if they were screwing with him.

Reaction Score
I think I'll be pissed if he ends up going to Kentucky after going to campus to hang out and obviously party with the guys throughout the school year. Loyalty Hami, loyalty! Don't cozy up with the good guys just to join the evil empire.

To anyone who knows though, what is Kentucky's situation likely to look like next year? I feel like I haven't heard the usual landslide of top recruits announcing they're going to Kentucky this year as I have in the past. Are they already loaded up so they don't know how many spots they'll have or is their pipeline of the top talent drying up a little bit?

If Kentucky is thin on star scorers and we are not, I guess I wont blame the kid for going there, but still, Kentucky proves that you can be a non-centerpiece of a team and still be a top pick. I hope Hami doesn't believe the Calipari talk like a Trump voter

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think I'll be pissed if he ends up going to Kentucky after going to campus to hang out and obviously party with the guys throughout the school year. Loyalty Hami, loyalty! Don't cozy up with the good guys just to join the evil empire.

Maybe he's locked into Kentucky, and the Squid asked him to hang with the team to figure out why he can't beat us?

Reaction Score
Two words: UConn compliance

Also, he had an interesting favorite recently:
"

Reaction Score
Two words: UConn compliance

Also, he had an interesting favorite recently:
"

Unfortunately, that could technically apply to Syracuse since he's from NY.

EDIT: Though I think the signs are pointing to us or Kentucky.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I've learned not to read into Twitter favorites. Who they're following, and who follows them is all that's important.

Reaction Score
I just miss the days when I thought Hami was coming here...That was right up until Tuesday.
What happened on Tuesday? From my undertanding nothing has changed in Diallo's recruitment, we are in a good spot.

Reaction Score
What happened on Tuesday? From my undertanding nothing has changed in Diallo's recruitment, we are in a good spot.

Yesterday we got the negative news from JO's source. Made me queasy.

Tuesday was the last day I felt comfortable with where we were with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom