Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 120 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, sounds like Kentucky. If he came to UConn he could play so why wouldn't he? If KO got played on this one, it is another nail in the coffin.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Ironic. With each new page in this interminable thread, I keep having to click 'next'...

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Zagoria is so obsessed with Kentucky. In an update on Hami he posted yesterday he says "Diallo has visited both UConn and Kentucky recently. After the Kentucky visit he tweeted 'Kentucky visit was great!!!'."

As if there wasn't an identical tweet after the UConn visit... The guy is just so hopped up on Calapari and Kentucky. Nothing he writes is worth any second thought.

I don't recall it always being this way with Zagoria. Is it just chumminess with Calipari, or is there a little something slipped into his wallet?

Reaction Score
.......If KO got played on this one, it is another nail in the coffin.
dana-carvey-church-lady-w352.gif

H

huskymagic

HAMI KNOWS WHAT TIME IT IS: HE IS STAYING HOME LIKE DRUMMOND AND KEMBA; WE RUN NEW YORK: LET'S GO

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS! CARRY THE TORCH!

Reaction Score
Yeah, sounds like Kentucky. If he came to UConn he could play so why wouldn't he? If KO got played on this one, it is another nail in the coffin.

Sorry to say it, but HCKO definitely got played here and out recruited or more to the point, he got out "scumbagged", by the king of scumm, Calzone.

Maybe HCKO is too nice and trusting of a guy to win these wars with these elite level recruits who have tons of handlers and hangers-on chirping in their ears.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I agree that KO doesn't have the deviousness needed to win the cut throat recruiting battles with the big boys. He'd make a great Bible school teacher. He needs to stop giving players access to school facilities until they sign on the dotted line. He looks like the ultimate sucker. Now I know why KO offers more recruits than any coach in D1 (I'm serious. Look at the historic numbers in his time at UCONN. He's hoping enough decent recruits don't make the Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC cut will fall his way. He gets these kids and once in a while a couple Northeast kids that grew up as UCONN fans.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree that KO doesn't have the deviousness needed to win the cut throat recruiting battles with the big boys. He'd make a great Bible school teacher. He needs to stop giving players access to school facilities until they sign on the dotted line. He looks like the ultimate sucker. Now I know why KO offers more recruits than any coach in D1 (I'm serious. Look at the historic numbers in his time at UCONN. He's hoping enough decent recruits don't make the Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC cut will fall his way. He gets these kids and once in a while a couple Northeast kids that grew up as UCONN fans.

Awful take.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A question I have for Diallo is, "You'll be a lottery pick no matter where you go to school. But how many schools can offer you a 250,000 view thread started when you graduated?" That's love and respect. I really wouldn't care where Diallo goes if we didn't need him. It's very rare when a school actually needs a player. Most players, regardless of ability, are expendable to schools and interchangeable but Diallo is the perfect match between what his goals are and what UCONN needs. That's why I'll be extremely disappointed if he chooses another school. It would sure suck to be KO if he loses this one. This could have much more long term impact on him than just losing your main target again.

Reaction Score
Sorry to say it, but HCKO definitely got played here and out recruited or more to the point, he got out "scumbagged", by the king of scumm, Calzone.

Maybe HCKO is too nice and trusting of a guy to win these wars with these elite level recruits who have tons of handlers and hangers-on chirping in their ears.

This board is amazing - even in the midst of this tire fire of a season . . . this ongoing embarrassment . . . people still can't wrap their heads around the idea that a kid might just rather go to Kentucky.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This board is amazing - even in the midst of this tire fire of a season . . . this ongoing embarrassment . . . people still can't wrap their heads around the idea that a kid might just rather go to Kentucky.
No problem with that except after several years of recruiting, he changes his mind in two weeks? Do an Internet search and look at how in late December him coming to UCONN was considered a forgone conclusion.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know KO does no wrong in your book. Your user name says all anyone needs to know about your point of view.

It's not even that. The idea that because Diallo isn't coming here, Ollie is worthless as a recruiter is laughable. You cannot defend it. Same goes for the idea that kids only commit because they grew up as fans.

Reaction Score
No problem with that except after several years of recruiting, he changes his mind in two weeks? Do an Internet search and look at how in late December him coming to UCONN was considered a forgone conclusion.

You want me to do an internet search and read about what people who really didn't know anything were saying?

Reaction Score

I know Calzone has a reputation for being completely legit and above board, doesn't he?
Get a clue! Calzone is as dirty as they come and his reputation is well deserved and earned over the course of a very lengthy career. Guy has always been dirty even back to his Camby, Lou Roe, Dana Dingle days.

Reaction Score

What changed since then?

Diallo got scouting reports saying he wasn't ready, needed college competition, and his NBA stock fell a bit.

And we lost every game.

Anyone who is surprised he might pick Kentucky (To Hamidou: Please don't), shouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom