Hamidou Diallo Graduates | Page 116 | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Woodstock police have just rolled up on this suspicious vehicle parked by Bungee Brook.
The idea that Woodstock would have a police force is... kind of adorable lol.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Yep. Looking UK. Briscoe comes to mind. Wasn't it between UCONN and UK for him too?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Our signees don't usually go for the big production value announcements. Seems like he chose the glitz and flim flam over friends and family seeing him play. The injuries and poor season and Diarra's injury doomed us. He probably wanted to play with Diarra but once that appeared in doubt, we lost that advantage. It would be nice to have a recruit not go for the Kentucky sales job for once. We really needed him too. To Kentucky, he's just another all-star, but he could've been a star at UCONN. Oh, well. I'm sure KO will sign another project big man with his scholarship.

Reaction Score
Based on Ollie's tone of the interview looks like HD is Kentucky bound.

You're interpreting it wrong. Ollie got wind that at 4 pm on Saturday Jan 7th, the apocalypse is here.

Reaction Score

Hate these clowns who announce their commitments like this. If he's only going to play one semester, he's really not worth it. Won't go to class etc. fits well in the Kentucky system

Reaction Score
Seems like writing is on the wall for this one. If it were UConn figure he would have committed on or near his visit. Having a huge signing announcement wouldn't make much sense if he were just going to commit to the close by school where he already knows everyone and the staff very well

Reaction Score
To break all the doom and gloom talk, Oz said that Taliek Brown might go to bring UConn juju to the announcement. Still seems fairly positive so who knows maybe Hami hasn't come to a final decision yet.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If he doesn't choose UCONN (which I don't expect him to), I'd love to see him go to somewhere besides Kentucky, even Cuse. That would shock the world.....

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If he doesn't choose UCONN (which I don't expect him to), I'd love to see him go to somewhere besides Kentucky, even Cuse. That would shock the world.....
I'd honestly 10 times out of 10 in this recruitment prefer HD go to Cuse than to UK. This game needs a redistribution of talent.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd honestly 10 times out of 10 in this recruitment prefer HD go to Cuse than to UK. This game needs a redistribution of talent.
The funny thing is that even with a lineup stacked with NBA first rounders, Kentucky still doesn't win titles. We win titles with one star guard and a bunch of scrubs. :)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The funny thing is that even with a lineup stacked with NBA first rounders, Kentucky still doesn't win titles. We win titles with one star guard and a bunch of scrubs. :)
True, but they deserve credit too because a single elim tourney is inherently a crap shoot. Being top 5 and a FF contender for almost 6 straight years (barring a few weeks) is impressive no matter how you cut it.

Reaction Score
Let UK have their superstars and dirtbag coach. We'll take our titles. (And FF wins over UK.)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
True, but they deserve credit too because a single elim tourney is inherently a crap shoot. Being top 5 and a FF contender for almost 6 straight years (barring a few weeks) is impressive no matter how you cut it.
I coach and always say, "Anyone can coach a team of superstars." The risky thing is having a team of superstars and failing to win. Truly great coaches are those that can win with a team that has lesser talent.

Reaction Score

I don't give them credit at all.

But, they've also had low seeds a few of those years, so not top 5, and they even lost to a low major in the NIT in 2013.

Are we confusing the hype with the reality? They come into the season ranked top 5, as in 2013, but then the reality catches up to them in half those years.

Reaction Score
He will go to UK, never suit up, go through their the spring combine and off to the NBA. Take the money and run young fella.

Reaction Score
That comes from a source "extremely close" to Diallo. He has decided not to play this year.

So folks, let the reality sink in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA