Hail to Jacobs! | The Boneyard

Hail to Jacobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out Jacobs article on courant.com. Someone please create link. Finally someone speaks up for the frustrated boneyarders. Love the line about PPs press conferences.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what happens if we end up losing Saturday. Hopefully we won't have to see that!

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see what happens if we end up losing Saturday. Hopefully we won't have to see that!

Some despicable booing of the players at our home field. Paul Pasqualoni saying it's a work in progress. George DeLeone feeling good about not turning the ball over on first down running up the middle. Player parents b****ing about the coaches to anyone who will listen. Jesse Joseph b*****ing on twitter. Horrible sideline body language for those Huskies that can't tweet mid-game.

It would be interesting what happens, if it wouldn't be so utterly predictable from the past few weeks.

Reaction Score
P's quotes, talking about having fun, I mean they sound like a guy that doesn't care. How could you have fun losing the way they did this past Saturday? Boy, he is starting to sound like a guy who's happy collecting paychecks. Not Good.

Reaction Score
You get the feeling that the UConn FB program is walking the Knifedge trail on Katahdin. Very interesting day coming up Saturday.

Reaction Score
P's quotes, talking about having fun, I mean they sound like a guy that doesn't care. How could you have fun losing the way they did this past Saturday? Boy, he is starting to sound like a guy who's happy collecting paychecks. Not Good.
I was just about to say this...he is acting like this is his retirement job laughing and joking about the old times. Does PP have any clue about the buzz going around about his ineptitude?

Reaction Score
For all those complaining about Dez - Jacobs is the opinion guy, Dez is the reporter guy. There you have it - What Dez can't say.

Agreed... Goes with my "good cop/bad cop" analogy in another thread. Unfortunately - not many papers have the luxury of having a number of sports reporters that can carve out the roles.

Reaction Score
"Piling on a coach in Year 2 seems like a miserable thing to do, but right now folks are seeing a slow, repetitive slog and wonder when it is going to change."

"You can, however, miss an entire Pasqualoni press conference without missing anything. Bill Belichick is unquotable by design. Pasqualoni is not. It's growing more and more maddening. Mum is fine at 8-4. But the truth is a program that needs selling is selling second-and-8 and 5-7."

Good quotes by Jacobs. Pretty much sums things up.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
For all those complaining about Dez - Jacobs is the opinion guy, Dez is the reporter guy. There you have it - What Dez can't say.
I would hope that Dez has a blog in order to give some background and opinion, it's done by other beat writers at papers. He throws a little opinion in on his feature stories, if you read between the lines. If his blog (which I don't bother reading, assuming it is just notes from practice, statistics, bleh) never has any opinions in it, why bother?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
"a program that needs selling is selling second-and-8 and 5-7."

Love that line

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would compare his blog to more of a Director's cut DVD.

F

fortebleedsblue

In reality - do you really think he cares what people think anymore?

The reality of the situation is that he better care and so should the AD.... Who do you think funds their large pay checks? Where do you think revenue for the Uconn football program comes from? Malloy isn't growing it on trees. When I see this quote about the running game/play calling it confirms my belief that HCPP just doesn't get it..."My point to you guys is in no way am I discouraged about it."

I doubt you would hear those words out of many high profile coaches if your team is 115th nationally running and barely at FBS level offensively.

Reaction Score
The reality of the situation is that he better care and so should the AD.... Who do you think funds their large pay checks? Where do you think revenue for the Uconn football program comes from? Malloy isn't growing it on trees. When I see this quote about the running game/play calling it confirms my belief that HCPP just doesn't get it..."My point to you guys is in no way am I discouraged about it."

I doubt you would hear those words out of many high profile coaches if your team is 115th nationally running and barely at FBS level offensively.

My point is not that he doesn't care - just that he could care less what "people" are saying about him. He has one boss (WM) and that's all he listens to.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
28097173.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You get the feeling that the UConn FB program is walking the Knifedge trail on Katahdin. Very interesting day coming up Saturday.

Love the reference and the trail.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought Jacobs was pretty fair to Coach P. That it was still a damning article speaks to the how bad things are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom