Gunner Kiel to transfer! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gunner Kiel to transfer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saying... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhett_Bomar.

"He was ranked as the nation's No. 1 high school quarterback of 2004 by the recruiting services and Scout.com and was compared to former NFL great John Elway."

Where is he now?

(Apologies to the BY for our back and forth if we got under anyone's skin)

"12/20/08: Led Sam Houston State with 3,355 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 picks.

10/12/08: Through three games: 62-of-97, 878 yards. Ten touchdowns, three interceptions, 9.1 YPA.

3/26/08: Remember when this guy looked pretty impressive as a red-shirt freshman in Oklahoma? Well, after being dismissed for taking money from boosters and missing the entire 2006 season, Rhett Bomar resurfaced and compiled 2,209 yards and 10 touchdowns in nine starts in 2007."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009QB.php

Reaction Score
"12/20/08: Led Sam Houston State with 3,355 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 picks.

10/12/08: Through three games: 62-of-97, 878 yards. Ten touchdowns, three interceptions, 9.1 YPA.

3/26/08: Remember when this guy looked pretty impressive as a red-shirt freshman in Oklahoma? Well, after being dismissed for taking money from boosters and missing the entire 2006 season, Rhett Bomar resurfaced and compiled 2,209 yards and 10 touchdowns in nine starts in 2007."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009QB.php

Bomar - #1 HS QB w/ comparisons to John Elway to OU to Sam Houston State (Southland Conf) to out of NFL... Not sure what your definition of flame-out could possibly be?

Shoud we move to 5* Ryan Perrilloux, 5* Xavier Lee or 4*JaMarcus Russell next? ;)

Reaction Score
If i remember right...

Keil committed to indiana
Then to LSU
Then signed with ND
Is now leaving ND 1 year in

strange

Reaction Score
Bomar - #1 HS QB w/ comparisons to John Elway to OU to Sam Houston State (Southland Conf) to out of NFL... Not sure what your definition of flame-out could possibly be?

Shoud we move to 5* Ryan Perrilloux, 5* Xavier Lee or 4*JaMarcus Russell next? ;)

What's your definition of flame out? I'm guessing you mean bust? cause you've mentioned bust a few times.

Jamarcus Russell had off the field issues and he still was drafted high.

John David Booty was pretty good to me in college, he also was drafted.

Xavier Lee was decent, but so was Florida State when he played.

If Gunner was really interested in Uconn this board would be excited...

Reaction Score
The kid is leaving ND because he doesn't like being 4th on the depth chart. I remember people on this board pretty much killing a kid because some perceived that he didnt like or want competition. Also it's not a good sign of making 4 commits in a yr and a half.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I thought I read he was 4th on the depth chart. Good reason to move on.
I'm not claiming that I want him here (I really like the two kids we're bringing in this class and I don't want to spook them any further) but this may be on Kelly. For some reason he loves bringing in pocket QB's only to have them sit behind mobile QB's.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not claiming that I want him here (I really like the two kids we're bringing in this class and I don't want to spook them any further) but this may be on Kelly. For some reason he loves bringing in pocket QB's only to have them sit behind mobile QB's.

Brian Kelly's offensive philosophy is well documented on film. Any pro-style QB who commits to ND must know what he's getting into.

Reaction Score
Some guys just don't quite have the maturity to make it. Kiel seems to be one of those guys.

I have no doubt he was a better HS QB than every QB on our roster, but he's not right now.

Think of the stock market. Apple WAS up around $700...now its $430. That doesn't mean you should rush to pay $600 for Apple right now. Stock's move up and down in value, and so do players once we gain more information about them.

Reaction Score
By the way, I feel great that I just dismissed the notion of wanting a transfer QB. Had we not landed both Boyle AND Lagow, I think I still would have liked the potential upside. With Boyle AND Lagow, I feel good that we have our future QB here...finally.

Reaction Score
No rush on Cincy. With their ridiculous loop hole because of their different academic calendar, he can play anywhere he wants for a game or two, transfer to Cincy, and be on the field for them a couple weeks later.

Cincy's on the semester schedule now.

Reaction Score

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
So your saying you would not be excited if Gunner Kiel was to transfer to Uconn? The #1 QB out of high school last year.

IMHO, the next good QB after Dan, I would say Chandler Whitmer! I know he threw a lot of interception, but not all were his fault. The OL wasn't all that great, and GDL had Whitmer with his back against the wall, the defense's already new our plays, plus he had to deal with 3rd and long frequently

The kid doesn't want to compete. He has the typical star athlete entitlement thing going on. Bunch of family filling his head with "what he deserves". Do not want.

He bailed on LSU at the last minute because he was scared to compete, and is now bailing on ND for the same reason. not the kind of kid I'd want around the program. #1 QB in small time Indiana HS football does not really mean much. Look at Mitch Mustain for a recent comparison.

Reaction Score
I get so tired of folks who have no idea who a kid is or what he is thinking made conclusory statements, because they can. STFU. If he was afriad of competition, don't you think he would have opted for IU over ND? Kids make mistakes - they select schools for all the wrong reasons. Maybe he is overrated, maybe he will never reach that 5 star potential that only matters when you want to trash a kid or talk about recruiting site failings. Do you really need to trash a teenager so you can feel a little bit better about your lot in life?

Reaction Score
I get so tired of folks who have no idea who a kid is or what he is thinking made conclusory statements, because they can. STFU. If he was afriad of competition, don't you think he would have opted for IU over ND? Kids make mistakes - they select schools for all the wrong reasons. Maybe he is overrated, maybe he will never reach that 5 star potential that only matters when you want to trash a kid or talk about recruiting site failings. Do you really need to trash a teenager so you can feel a little bit better about your lot in life?
trashing teenagers anonymously online is the most American thing ever.

Reaction Score
The kid doesn't want to compete. He has the typical star athlete entitlement thing going on. Bunch of family filling his head with "what he deserves". Do not want.

He bailed on LSU at the last minute because he was scared to compete, and is now bailing on ND for the same reason. not the kind of kid I'd want around the program. #1 QB in small time Indiana HS football does not really mean much. Look at Mitch Mustain for a recent comparison.

Yeah, he went to ND to get away from the competition.....got it..........

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I'm happy with our current situation, but who wouldn't want a former #1 QB? I mean rivals compares this kid to Peyton Manning. Again, If he comes or not i'm still happy with our situation.
Get over the #1 thing. If he was Peyton manning he would not be behind Reese on the depth chart.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
schadjoe 1:00pm via Twitter for iPhone
Gunner Kiel has visited Ball State and Miami (OH), each w a senior QB and each within two hours of home

schadjoe 1:31pm via Twitter for iPhone
Gunner Kiel might visit Ole Miss in the near future

In other words... still not sure what he wants to do.

Probably going to keep looking until some coach guarantee's his mom that he will be the starter out the gates. And to UconnDogs, yes he went to ND because he thought there would be no competition. Tommy Rees was on the outs, and Golsen was their only other real QB.

Reaction Score
... and the winner is:

schadjoe 1:40pm via Twitter for iPhone
Former ND QB Gunner Kiel will enroll at Cincinnati

schadjoe 1:46pm via Twitter for iPhone
Gunner Kiel will be able to play at a school about 90 minutes from his Columbus, Indiana home

schadjoe 1:46pm via Twitter for iPhone
Gunner Kiel bonded w Cincy OC Eddie Gran and QB Coach Darin Hinshaw

schadjoe 1:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
Cincinnati has two senior QBs so Gunner Kiel will compete to start in 2014

schadjoe 1:48pm via Twitter for iPhone
Cincy plans a pro style multiple offense that should suit Gunner Kiel's pocket passing strengths over the zone reads

Good for the conference if he can bring it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom