Guesses on start times for Furman MBB and Houston FB? (Update: MBB @ 12:00pm) | The Boneyard

Guesses on start times for Furman MBB and Houston FB? (Update: MBB @ 12:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love to be able to plan a full day of attending both UConn events...

Reaction Score
I would guess the football game will be during the day and the basketball at 7:00 or 7:30.

Reaction Score
I would guess the football game will be during the day and the basketball at 7:00 or 7:30.
Houston's football record will be the biggest factor in the gridiron kickoff time. If they're still undefeated, that game likely shifts to later than 12 noon.

Reaction Score
Would love to be able to plan a full day of attending both UConn events...
It is also the date of Yale - Harvard at Yale Bowl. ESPN is installing lights so the game will be on TV and start at 2:00 pm.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
I would hope the football would be a 7 or even 8 start time to get more rabid fans to go. The basketball game should start 12-1 and football 7-8.

Reaction Score
UConn vs. Furman (Sat., Nov. 21 - TBA - Gampel Pavilion)

For the benefit of our basketball season ticket holders who are also UConn football fans, the game time vs. Furman will be determined after the American Athletic Conference announces the kickoff time for our game vs. Houston on the same day. The football game time will be announced 6-12 days before gameday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn vs. Furman (Sat., Nov. 21 - TBA - Gampel Pavilion)

For the benefit of our basketball season ticket holders who are also UConn football fans...

What they should have said was, " For the benefit of UConn basketball ticket holders who are also football ticket holders, we're going have the game on a different goshdarn day."

Reaction Score
It is also the date of Yale - Harvard at Yale Bowl.
So, how does such an unimportant low level game of yesteryear's history matter? Or, have any impact on UCONN's hoop and gridiron games?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would hope the football would be a 7 or even 8 start time to get more rabid fans to go. The basketball game should start 12-1 and football 7-8.
As far as I'm concerned, if the football game is at 7:00pm, the basketball game can start anywhere from 2:15-4:30 (I just need time to get the monitor set up in the Rentschler parking lot.). If the football game is at 8:00, the basketball game can start at 12:00 or anytime between 3:15 and 5:30. For the benefit of those who have tickets I'll root for enough time to travel from venue to venue between games.

Reaction Score
So, how does such an unimportant low level game of yesteryear's history matter? Or, have any impact on UCONN's hoop and gridiron games?
More people will attend Yale - Harvard then the UCONN football game. As a seasons ticket holder for both UCONN BB and FB, Yale - Harvard has tradition and a great historic place to play. More than a few people will choose Y-H over UCONN - Tulane. I am one of them.

Reaction Score
More people will attend Yale - Harvard then the UCONN football game. As a seasons ticket holder for both UCONN BB and FB, Yale - Harvard has tradition and a great historic place to play. More than a few people will choose Y-H over UCONN - Tulane. I am one of them.
But what about the UConn Houston game that is actually happening.

Reaction Score
Proper procedure for beating Tulane:

1. Buy UConn vs Houston FB tix
2. Get a bunch of friends to go with
3. Get rowdy
4. Screw Furman, pregame at the Rent
5. Go bonkers inside the Rent
6. Beat Houston!!

If a nationally ranked school comes into our house will bowl eligibility on the line, screw hoops hit up the Rent

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Proper procedure for beating Tulane:

1. Buy UConn vs Houston FB tix
2. Get a bunch of friends to go with
3. Get rowdy
4. Screw Furman, pregame at the Rent
5. Go bonkers inside the Rent
6. Beat Houston!!

If a nationally ranked school comes into our house will bowl eligibility on the line, screw hoops hit up the Rent

Sounds like a great itinerary. But how does this help us beat Tulane?

Reaction Score
Got it, several people may attend the past "game" and it still won't matter to people following current day college sports. Brian Dowling and Calvin Hill aren't walking through the Bowl's tunnels anymore than Floyd Little or Jim Brown influence the current Syracuse teams. It's a party harkening back to yesteryear except of Yalies and Hahvad types, and won't have much impact on UCONN vs Houston nor Furman let alone next year's Tulane game. Regardless, enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
When UConn FB vs anyone becomes more important than UConn men's BB vs Furman, then you'll know we are on our way. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
When UConn FB vs anyone becomes more important than UConn men's BB vs Furman, then you'll know we are on our way. :rolleyes:
Nationally ranked team at the Rent more important than D1's worst at Gampel. We made it!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
For those who have tickets to both Basketball and Football that day, the importance hierarchy of where you should be, given a conflict, as follows:

1. Football game vs. Houston
2. Basketball game vs. Furman
3. Tailgate before football game

My personal best case scenario is that the basketball game will occur within the 4 1/2 hours preceding 1/2 hour before kickoff, so I can watch basketball in the parking lot at that football game and still have time to pack up and make it into the stadium.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For those who have tickets to both Basketball and Football that day, the importance hierarchy of where you should be, given a conflict, as follows:

1. Football game vs. Houston
2. Basketball game vs. Furman
3. Tailgate before football game

My personal best case scenario is that the basketball game will occur within the 4 1/2 hours preceding 1/2 hour before kickoff, so I can watch basketball in the parking lot at that football game and still have time to pack up and make it into the stadium.

How about whatever you're a fan of more matters more? If you're a football fan and want to watch them play over us against a top 5 team, I wouldn't care. I'm a basketball fan; I'm going to that Furman game no matter what's going on with the football team.

This idea that "real fans" should feel pressure to attend one over the other is stupid. It shouldn't affect your fan card either way.

Reaction Score
This is my thinking if I'm the MBB team I want a noon start time and if I'm the FB team I want a 7-8 start time and I will tell you why

MBB- Its the 3rd game of the season, get the game done with so you can head to the Bahamas, win and get out early so you can plan ahead.

FB- A night game will have the fans more fired up and as a result the team will be more fired up. Its possible that game could be on ESPN which can't hurt our ratings. We better beat Tulane btw.

Husky25

Reaction Score
How about whatever you're a fan of more matters more? If you're a football fan and want to watch them play over us against a top 5 team, I wouldn't care. I'm a basketball fan; I'm going to that Furman game no matter what's going on with the football team.

This idea that "real fans" should feel pressure to attend one over the other is stupid. It shouldn't affect your fan card either way.
Touchy, Touchy. Did your Metamucil not kick in yet? Where did I say "real fans?" If I didn't write it, you are at fault for attributing that quotation to me (And I didn't write it).

I set out what I believe the hierarchy should be for those fans who have ticket to BOTH events, and if your reading comprehension was even remotely up to snuff you would have seen above that the basketball game tip is TBD contingent on the football game (I don't know the veracity of this report, but it at least stands to reason). It doesn't seem like you have tix to both events, so go to the basketball game. I don't give a fly duckk, but understand what you are reading before you fire back half-c**ked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom