Guess it's official | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Guess it's official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep writing around here kid, but keep up your enthusiasm. I love it.
Human beings are generally incredibly unrealistic, self-righteously off in la-la-land. They thought buying an over-priced house was the "American dream", while our jobs were being shipped overseas at the same time. They expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. Look at the divorce rates, too.

I wouldn't even bother anymore. I think we did what we could to put our athletic department's history into perspective. Best thing that can be done is create a page or section dedicated to the history of the athletic department. But there's still going to be the spoiled fan base who are going to endlessly cry for an invite to another conference. Imagine if Calhoun didn't win any national championships.

Thank you for your kind words.

Reaction Score
Human beings are generally incredibly unrealistic, self-righteously off in la-la-land. They thought buying an over-priced house was the "American dream", while our jobs were being shipped overseas at the same time. They expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. Look at the divorce rates, too.

I wouldn't even bother anymore. I think we did what we could to put our athletic department's history into perspective. Best thing that can be done is create a page or section dedicated to the history of the athletic department. But there's still going to be the spoiled fan base who are going to endlessly cry for an invite to another conference. Imagine if Calhoun didn't win any national championships.

Thank you for your kind words.

YW. If it wasn't for Jim Calhoun's will to win in coming to UConn in the latter half of th 1980s, the University of Connecticut would have nowhere near the profile that it does now, academically or athletically. I hope his name ends up on the floor of Gampel Pavilion.

Reaction Score
YW. If it wasn't for Jim Calhoun's will to win in coming to UConn in the latter half of th 1980s, the University of Connecticut would have nowhere near the profile that it does now, academically or athletically. I hope his name ends up on the floor of Gampel Pavilion.
It most likely will be on the floor of Gampel Pavilion in the very near future. Like I said, people take things for granted and become spoiled so easily. UConn's present profile was the product of a LOT of hard work. We go from a college campus that looked as if it was in North Korea as late as the mid-90s to what we are now.

Reaction Score
It most likely will be on the floor of Gampel Pavilion in the very near future. Like I said, people take things for granted and become spoiled so easily. UConn's present profile was the product of a LOT of hard work. We go from a college campus that looked as if it was in North Korea as late as the mid-90s to what we are now.

Agreed. UConn has been a loyal member of the Big East, in my personal opinion, to our own detriment around football, and conference decision making, since it's inception. The fall of 2011, saw the very first time in the history of our relationship with the Big East, that there has been any kind of hint of non-solidarity with the Big EAst from UConn, and it was a major shot fired across the bow by President Herbst. We did not do anythign out of the view of conference leadership, and we did not do anything taht could be considered 'backstabbing' in pursuing our own best interests.

Big East basketball, and Jim Calhoun are directly responsible for the transformation of the University from what it was 25 years ago, into what it is now. The loyalty we have shown the Big East, is well deserved. The rise of our football program, the Big East is directly responsible.

I have full confidence in the Big East conference, and it's membership to continue forward in the future, with priorities in line, that will no longer allow for the likes of Swofford, and external media pressures, to influence programs from leaving this conference. If this conference fails in the future, it will be because the existing members decide to dissolve it, not from external pressures.

That's what committing to d-1A football has done for this conference.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hey, I've got a question.

Where the hell was this aggressive promotion of Big East football before? Why did they wait until now?

Some people see these ads as a good thing. I see them for what they are. A damning indictment of the incompetent reign of John Marinatto. Always a day late and a dollar short.

Always.

Some people park in handicap spaces while handicap people make handicap faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Yes, you're right. I'm sure of it. All of these additions are worthless teams, that can never rise to the level of such a massive star in the football sky, Connecticut.

Come off it, would you? You sound ridiculous. Every team that we've added has just as much potential to be successful, as we did when we were HANDED a seat at the table.

That's my point. I love UCONN but we had no right to be handed a BCS conference affiliation before we had ever played a 1-A game. I'm sure the biggest complainers here would have written chapter and verse about why we didn't deserve it if they weren't UCONN fans.

Reaction Score
They may pay $10 million to get in, but I'd pay $100 million to keep them out.

This may be the strangest thing I've ever read here and that is saying something. Make sure you have suicide hotline on speed dial. Because we WILL lose a game to them someday.

(oh the horror)

Reaction Score
So to recap the day:

- Carl Spackler is Galileo.
- ZLS is going to call Buffet (or Gates or Zuck) to borrow $250 million to buy out Memphis and Navy.
- BL is his usual self.
- Jimmy Serrano loves popcorn.
- I'm laughing my "@&$ing off. LMFAO.

Enjoy the weekend all!

Reaction Score
So to recap the day:

- Carl Spackler is Galileo.
- ZLS is going to call Buffet (or Gates or Zuck) to borrow $250 million to buy out Memphis and Navy.
- BL is his usual self.
- Jimmy Serrano loves popcorn.
- I'm laughing my "@&$ing off. LMFAO.

Enjoy the weekend all!

I resemble that remark!

I'm going home. Have a nice weekend all

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you think losing a game to a team means they are worthy of being in your conference, then Randy Edsall just made the ACC huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom