GREENSBORO REGIONAL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GREENSBORO REGIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Typical UNC Game. Their style of play wins them games, but against Good Teams will cost them games. The 3 point shot attempt that Jessica Washington took with 49 seconds left was so dumb. There was approx 20 seconds left in the shot clock so UNC could have gotten a better shot attempt. Not only that Mavunga fouls out going for a rebound on the missed shot and Coates makes two free throws to give So Carolina the lead. Instead of UNC leading, the dumb shot gave So Carolina the lead.

Reaction Score
I looked at schedule and it said ti was a Sweet 16 game, but I saw reaction of USC players after the game, and you would have thought they had won the NCAAs..... Shows possibly what their internal expectation level is

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I looked at schedule and it said ti was a Sweet 16 game, but I saw reaction of USC players after the game, and you would have thought they had won the NCAAs..... Shows possibly what their internal expectation level is
Agreed. You should not be excited about beating that team by two points.

Reaction Score
Good point, but you should remember this is a significant improvement over last season. With all the hype they've had this season you'd think they were defending national champs.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The joy was because of the dislike between the two teams and states, it wouldn't have mattered if it was on a practice court.

Reaction Score
Take nothing away.... your team played well.... i was just surprised at outpouring of emotion..... guess UNC more of a threat than I thought.... I considered them also-rans without DeShields

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

1) they clinched the school's First Elite 8 appearance since 2002

2) They were playing in front of thousands of their approving and loud fans

3) They defeated a border rival

4) It was a comeback victory.... a victory that looked to be in serious doubt with about a minute to play

5) They defeated the team that knocked them out (as a #1) of the Sweet 16 last year.... they clearly had revenge on their minds

6) they are 18-21 year old kids.... not jaded 30,40,50,60,70 year old (and beyond) adults typing on a computer.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is what UCONN fans miss by not having geographically close rivals. The basket where Tiffany Mitchell made her last second shot was the same basket where our MBB team hit a last second shot against UNC to win the ACCT in our last year in the conference. When you personally know many fans of the opposing team, the drive is even greater. UNC has several players from SC and USC has several players from NC, so they all know each other. It isn't the same when the "rivals" are hundreds or a thousand miles apart.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great crowd... though it seemed like it was more than the announced attendance of 6,280 or so. I'd say there were about 4 SC fans for every 1 NC fan...... Arizona state had a nice contingent and FSU had a vocal group. As I expected there were a handful of Duke fans ..... saw 1 Lady Vol fan :confused: .. and 1 Ohio State fan. I sat beside a couple of Tarhole fans.... and when that miracle 3 pt shot fell in with a minute left... all i could do is turn and shake my head and they were doing the same. A few female Tarhole fans behind me...... and when she was singing the fight song... she threw in a couple of Go to H*** Duke chants for good measure... not sure if thats officially part of the song... or if she added that part knowing that I was a Duke fan :cool:

FSU almost got robbed at the end of their game. Not sure if anyone saw that they whistled ASU for a phantom foul that sent #3 to the line as opposed to letting them run out the clock.

While I love the Friday/Sun schedule for the regional. I didnt leave the Coliseum until about 12:15 am.... didnt get home until 1. (had to stop to get a late night meal).. Thats late for a old fella like me.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Great crowd... though it seemed like it was more than the announced attendance of 6,280 or so. I'd say there were about 4 SC fans for every 1 NC fan. Arizona state had a nice contingent and FSU had a vocal group. As I expected there were a handful of Duke fans ..... saw 1 Lady Vol fan :confused: .. and 1 Ohio State fan. I sat beside a couple of Tarhole fans.... and when that miracle 3 pt shot fell in with a minute left... all i could do is turn and shake my head and they were doing the same. A few female Tarhole fans behind me. and when she was singing the fight song... she threw in a couple of Go to H*** Duke chants for good measure... not sure if thats officially part of the song... or if she added that part knowing that I was a Duke fan :cool:

FSU almost got robbed at the end of their game. Not sure if anyone saw that they whistled ASU for a phantom foul that sent #3 to the line as opposed to letting them run out the clock.

While I love the Friday/Sun schedule for the regional. I didnt leave the Coliseum until about 12:15 am.... didnt get home until 1. (had to stop to get a late night meal).. Thats late for a old fella like me.
It's 3am and I'm still awake; I can't sleep. Good thing I can sleep in on Saturday.

Reaction Score
The joy was because of the dislike between the two teams and states, it wouldn't have mattered if it was on a practice court.
Dislike between two states? That is weird. In 1850, yeah I could see that, but in 2015?

Reaction Score
Ho hum, looks like it's us vs. ND for the third straight year.

Reaction Score
It's just incredible how stupid NC is. That previois possession was huge. They come down with a 3 point lead and jack up an instant shot. And when it doesn't go in they commit a foul. Just amazingly stupid. Probably turned the game around.

Agreed. The UNC team has loads of individual talent, but their total lack of team play and discipline was astounding. UNC looked like 5 kids playing playground ball. And Hatchell is clueless.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It's 3am and I'm still awake; I can't sleep. Good thing I can sleep in on Saturday.

Ha..... well... you didnt stay for the second game........ so imagine how late you would have been up if you had. I say about half the crowd stayed for some of the FSU/ASU game....... by the time the game ended..... there was maybe 1,000 or so fans still there.... maybe less.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Ha..... well... you didnt stay for the second game... so imagine how late you would have been up if you had. I say about half the crowd stayed for some of the FSU/ASU game.. by the time the game ended..... there was maybe 1,000 or so fans still there.... maybe less.
I stayed for the 1st half of the second game, but then my friends wanted to leave so I did, too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I stayed for the 1st half of the second game, but then my friends wanted to leave so I did, too.

Oh ok... Your area pretty much cleared out after the first game... so I assumed you vacated as well. Hope you were able to get some donuts today.

I wish it was a 1pm or 2pm start tomorrow instead of 12 noon.... hope its a good turnout regardless.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Oh ok... Your area pretty much cleared out after the first game... so I assumed you vacated as well. Hope you were able to get some donuts today.

I wish it was a 1pm or 2pm start tomorrow instead of 12 noon.... hope its a good turnout regardless.

I forgot donuts, maybe Sunday. I went out looking for sushi and got too hungry before I found it and ended up with Mexican instead, lol. I moved over to another section with a few friends for the 2nd game. The game against FSU should be a good one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Should be a competitive game... and a great atmosphere at the Coliseum. I expect SC to be less tight than they were Friday night, but FSU has the guards to give the chickens all kinds of fits. SC fans outnumbered NC fans 4 to 1 on friday night... today it will be at least 10-1 in favor of SC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is the 3rd straight ACC school that SC has had to to face.... that has to be a record. And if they win and ND win..... 4 in a row. Considering they beat Syracuse, Duke, and Clemson in the regular season... I guess a SC vs ND matchup would decide the real ACC Champ.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, the 3 games werent pretty....... but I definitely got my money's worth :cool: I know Leghorn did as well... he even got his mug up on the big screen :eek:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Well, the 3 games werent pretty.. but I definitely got my money's worth :cool: I know Leghorn did as well... he even got his mug up on the big screen :eek:
I got texts that I was on TV, too. Now to get a ticket close to the court in Tampa. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom