Greatest Season Ever | The Boneyard

Greatest Season Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This season could be the greatest season ever for UConn WCBB. There are no bench warmers. Every player is at the highest level. The one thing that this team has that no other team has is a number of great skilled athletes and 4 who can play under the basket. For the first time in a long time we have tremendous depth in the post which wont hurt us if we get into foul trouble. That depth could start for most teams but that depth has a personal purpose and that is they are putting the team first so that they can be develped and be part of a National Championship Team. For them it is about playing for a great team, not having a great player who the team plays for.

We have the nucleus of last years team back. That is very important as the chemistry, ability to play together and the cohesiveness of the team is in tack. The underclassman will learn the system and learn to play within the system as a unit and not play as individuals.

We have scorers and we have shooters but most importantly we have defense. With our height and depth underneath we will be able to put more pressure on the ball and the perimiter.

So lets break it down. We have the best shooter in WCBB in KML. We have 6-5, 6-4, 6-3,6-3,6-2 all athletic, all shot blockers and all who can score. Playing them one on one is almost impossible. Defenses will find it very difficult to defend this team one on one and if one player is double teamed....well leaving somebody open would be very costly. We dont have to worry this season about foul trouble because of our depth and talent at every position.

So who do you sit????? Really there isnt a player on the team who should sit. We have a team of non starters who could be ranked in the top 5 in the country. Aint that somethin?

Baylor will be our only test this season and next season we have none. With out having to worry about foul trouble underneath this season we have a great advantage. We can play more aggresive. This team reminds me of the Renee Tina Kalana team that won every game by double digets. This team could supass that. This team has no weaknesses. They are on the same page. They are driven by the competing with each other and playing againest each other is playing againest the very best of the best.

This very well could be a Dream Season. This team will give the knockout punch to alot of opponets very early in the game. Again Baylor will be tuff, very tuff but I dont think we have to worry about losing that game. Infact I will say right now if healthly we win it by double digets. Some of you may disagree with me but then some of you havent seen Breanna Stewart especially on defense with her instincts. This is going to be a very special and memorable year. I will miss Harriet and the CPTV crew they were great but SNY will give UConn much more exposure by broadcasting games in parts of PA NY NJ MA and CT. I hope to see you all at the games and at halftime with our Boneyard Meetings in Gampel by section 217 and in Hartford by the Trumbull St exit.

GO HUSKIES

Tonyc

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh Geez I thought this was gonna be a which season was better 1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009 or 2010?

Shoulda noticed it was Tony. ;)

Reaction Score
Love your sublime optimism, or "what, me worry?" attitude.

But it is well founded. NC this year guaranteed, barring multiple injuries or the bubonic plague.

Reaction Score
I think we will be great as long as we stay healthy, but let's not underestimate some opponents not named Baylor. IMO, it's very disrespectful. Remember the USF game AT HOME last season, no one in their right mind would have ever thought they had a chance in hell, yet they gave UConn all it could handle until the very end and they were missing their All-Big East performer Andrea Smith (ACL) who is now back. I love the excitement, confidence, and enthusiasm for this season, let's just not get TOO cocky!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
20049-f2906f37cf13040451a50923cdd11b41-medium_jpg.jpg

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think we will be great as long as we stay healthy, but let's not underestimate some opponents not named Baylor. IMO, it's very disrespectful. Remember the USF game AT HOME last season, no one in their right mind would have ever thought they had a chance in hell, yet they gave UConn all it could handle until the very end and they were missing their All-Big East performer Andrea Smith (ACL) who is now back. I love the excitement, confidence, and enthusiasm for this season, let's just not get TOO cocky!!!

What does it matter if WE get too cocky? As long as the players respect their opponents and don't get overconfident, what we think has no relation to the outcome of games.

Others might disagree, but I haven't seen a team as deep and as talented as this.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Coach Harry P. might have to look for some new superlatives (and expletives?) to describe Geno's team when his 'Cats come to Storrs in January......I can see him tearing what's left of his hair out already.

:D

Reaction Score
Get 'em fired up TonyC.
I was reading a tweet by one of the ESPN female analysts, I forget which one, but she said to her it looked like UCONN - Baylor and everyone else. I tend to agree. On paper, we look better than Baylor, but as we have found out, you play it out on the court. I think we beat Baylor, but you have to be aware of the Griner effect. She is going to be very intimidating, but we can't let her dictate how we play, and we have to play smart. I am sure Geno will have a game plan for her, he always does.

GO UCONN

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Actually, TonyC is still part of the mojo.....because with talent like this, it would be bad mojo if he *didn't* pick UCONN to go 39-0, win the NC, and be the greatest ever!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I think I asked this question before, but if I did, I think it bears repeating. If UConn wins ALL of their games (most by blowouts) except the one or two games against Baylor, how would you rate the season?

Second, IF Baylor beats UConn in their first meeting, does Baylor have a chance to set the consecutive winning streak record of 91? (Is that right?)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Agree on paper it does appear to be Baylor and UConn and then lurking in the wings in case either slip is Duke. Duke is an extremely talented team with the only question being, can the beat UConn which so far they haven't been able to do in a number of years. IMHO Duke cannot beat Baylor as Griner will eat up Elizabeth Williams.

The player that most concerns me on Baylor is Sims. She's the glue and has the ability to take over a game either defensively or offensively. Will the UConn guards be able to limit Sims' ability to take over the game during crunch time. She's the reason why UConn lost to Baylor last year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
JMO but I think Stewart and her versatility on defense will cause alot of problems for Simms and alot of other players who want to take outside shots. Breanna is very long, and has great instincts. If the UConn guards miss a play Breanna will be there to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom