Great Year For Rudy | The Boneyard

Great Year For Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you just look at the stats it would seem like he's not having a better year than last year or even the year before that but when you consider the fact he's been playing great on a playoff team(the Grizz didn't move into playoff contention until he went down with his shoulder injury last year) this is the best year of his career imo. I don't think he will ever be a "max contract" type player but as far as his play this year I think he's shut up alot of the naysayers who said the Grizz were a better team without him last year even though it was pretty obvious that they were only going to so far with Sam Young & Shane Battier playing SF and it was in the best interests of the team to maximize Rudy's talents while at the same time still being an inside/out team with Gasol & Randolph. Rudy is our best alum by far right now and will probably be an All Star next year.

On another note, the Grizzlies are a fun team to watch, they play old school style playing inside/out, they're well balanced and share the ball well, and they get after it pretty well defensively. If the current seedings hold to form Clippers/Grizzlies will probably be the best 1st round series, plus we get Rudy and Caron in the same series.

Reaction Score
yeeesh, no love for Rudy? stop torturing yourselves and turn off them damn Bobcat games and watch the Grizzlies, you'll be entertained.

caw

Reaction Score
yeeesh, no love for Rudy? stop torturing yourselves and turn off them damn Bobcat games and watch the Grizzlies, you'll be entertained.

I like to torture myself, Bobcats vs Chicago it is.

Seriously, I only post messages about the Bobcats because they are rarely on TV and most don't get the "chance" to watch them (or have the want to watch).

Reaction Score
ha, I was jus kidding, I actually tuned in for a bit for the Celtics and Hornets games myself. The Grizzlies are playing the Bobcats pretty soon so we'll be able to kill 2 birds with one stone with that one. It just seems like Rudy rarely gets much talk on here besides the griping about him being named to the ring of honor. I'll admit myself that I wished he could've accomplished more here but he's doing a great job of repping UConn now and hopefully as an All Star that's going to carry weight with recruits when they see how UConn alumns are doing in the pros. It seems like ever since Melo and his success in the NBA Syracuse's recruiting has been on another level and they haven't produced another pro worth besides him in 15 years. Melo has given them juice and Rudy becoming a star can carry weight as well since our NBA players are either approaching the end of their careers(Rip/Ray), fallen off the map(BG, Emeka, CV) or just been outright busts(Hilton, Hasheem, Marcus, Josh).

Reaction Score
Grizz are def a fun team to watch and Rudy has been playing particularly well the last few weeks. Over 24 a game in his last 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom