Great quote from Tulsa coach | The Boneyard

Great quote from Tulsa coach

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Small victories are sometimes what coaches have to aim for when playing a vastly superior team. Good for her to find the positives. She also said the strategy of shooting threes was planned since they felt Uconn's interior defense was too strong, and she was happy the team followed through on that with 'success'.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
What I liked best about this strategy was something MC mentioned in the telecast, that Mossman spoke to her freshman about playing the ravenous Huskies and that, sometimes, the players "just don't know what they don't know"

And by feeding the ball to that freshman (SHUG DICKSON, I had to look it up and I want to capitalize her name so we won't forget her) they played that strategy out beautifully. It really was a great 3 pt shooting night for her (5 for 8 beyond the arc) as well as some others and that goal against the Huskies was well accomplished.

I do think for this freshman - by not ever having played UCONN before - it really helped her mentally. She has no memory of 60 point losses. Good for her for playing sharp the entire game.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Guess it all depends on what your goal is.

I think I mentioned this once before- over a decade ago a friend's daughter was on a mid-major school that had UConn on their schedule as a home game. Mel went to the game - his girl's team lost by 47 points or so.

I asked if the players were demoralized or disappointed. Nope - to the contrary, they were tickled pink. Prior to the game the team set goals and one was to keep the score within 50.

They found playing the best women's team a wonderful, and, since this wasn't part of a home and home series, a once in a lifetime experience.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think I mentioned this once before- over a decade ago a friend's daughter was on a mid-major school that had UConn on their schedule as a home game. Mel went to the game - his girl's team lost by 47 points or so.

I asked if the players were demoralized or disappointed. Nope - to the contrary, they were tickled pink. Prior to the game the team set goals and one was to keep the score within 50.
They found playing the best women's team a wonderful, and, since this wasn't part of a home and home series, a once in a lifetime experience.
My daughter played at lower tier Division 1 school and just for the sake of collecting a check scheduled ND. The goal established by her coach " Let's not have them set any records on us". The team missed the goal but they had a great time making multiple entries in the ND records books.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
She probably should have said her freshman outplayed UConn's freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom