Great Double OT Win by the Storm - Back to Minny | The Boneyard

Great Double OT Win by the Storm - Back to Minny

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Tina Thompson comes up clutch when LJ fouled out at the end of the first OT. OUR Sue Bird hits 2 fearless 3s to put it away. Very entertaining game. To bad it was late on a big football night.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It WAS a great game. Never thought the Storm would pull it out when Jackson fouled out. Poor Sue is still hurting big time with that bad hip - but you'd never know it. What a gamer!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's the type of game I wish we could see more of. Very compelling and entertaining.

How did Brunson not make the Olympic team. She is a flat out baller!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Brunson has earned all the monikers - baller, beast - she came to play and was the reason I think that the Lynx was able to make it to double O because Maya was pretty well shut down and the Storm was playing good defense, but they had no answer for Rebekkah

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's the type of game I wish we could see more of. Very compelling and entertaining.

How did Brunson not make the Olympic team. She is a flat out baller!!
It may come down to Rebekkah or Nneka for the next US National team. Will be interesting to see how the committee decides. I have a feeling for 2016 that Swin, Ashja, Sue and Catch won't be on the team. That opens 4 slots and we all know Griner gets one of them.

But the US National team in 2014 will be interesting as it may only be Swin and Ashja who aren't on it. If everyone else returns and Griner gets 1 spot, hard to say who the other spot will go to. I also think EDD would have a shot over Nneka given her size and greater versatility.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It may come down to Rebekkah or Nneka for the next US National team. Will be interesting to see how the committee decides. I have a feeling for 2016 that Swin, Ashja, Sue and Catch won't be on the team. That opens 4 slots and we all know Griner gets one of them.

But the US National team in 2014 will be interesting as it may only be Swin and Ashja who aren't on it. If everyone else returns and Griner gets 1 spot, hard to say who the other spot will go to. I also think EDD would have a shot over Nneka given her size and greater versatility.

Time will tell.

To her credit, Nneka has taken a big step forward in the "W"and has been very impressive. You are never quite know how a player is going to handle the transition to the pros with its much greater speed and physicality. It's true that EDD was called 'the best player on the team' for those University Games, or whatever team that was, so she could be great at the next level as well. We just don't know for sure yet. Her rookie season will be watched very closely by the selection committee for Team USA in 2014... :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Rebekkah is class of 2004. Nneka is class of 2012. There is a pretty big age difference. But Brunson right now is a real stud.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Yep, yep, great game, hoping for more just like that one.

Agree with VAmike, could be NNeka over EDd as they seem to go with experience in WNBA.

Reaction Score
1. Nneka and Chiney will join Gold-Onwude on the Nigerian team.
2. I just saw the highlights. Maya Moore had two crucial defensive lapses that led to game tying 3s. She stays home on both plays, Minnesota is preparing for LA this morning.

Reaction Score
Exciting game and shocking that Minn is not preparing for LA! I expect Minn to win
big at home in the next game!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bird, Jackson, Thompson and Smith are a prideful bunch. Not surprised to hear the result of last night's game (so sorry I missed it) but I do expect Minnesota to prevail at home. It won't be easy, though.

Reaction Score
Minnesota, shooting 25-77, did not deserve to win, yet it was still a tight game. No reason for them to overly concerned about folding in the elimination game.

Reaction Score
1. Nneka and Chiney will join Gold-Onwude on the Nigerian team.
2. I just saw the highlights. Maya Moore had two crucial defensive lapses that led to game tying 3s. She stays home on both plays, Minnesota is preparing for LA this morning.

On the Tanisha Wright shot...Maya started to come out on her but saw a much better shooter uncovered in the corner and went that direction winding up in no man's land...fatigue and slow rotations that Sue picked apart. Minnesota lost a lot when Taj went out and the Seattle subs wouldn't let Minny get any rest...great game!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
On the Tanisha Wright shot...Maya started to come out on her but saw a much better shooter uncovered in the corner and went that direction winding up in no man's land...fatigue and slow rotations that Sue picked apart. Minnesota lost a lot when Taj went out and the Seattle subs wouldn't let Minny get any rest...great game!

Swish Appeal describes Minnesota's defensive breakdown on theat play as mind boggling. Fact is, only one person broke down - the one trying to be the hero.

Screen_Shot_2012-10-01_at_9_35_15_AM_medium.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits