Gov. Malloy: is he for real?... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gov. Malloy: is he for real?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he just called a spade a spade, nothing more. He's probably reading the Boneyard!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
going to the ACC? I think its our only hope.

No, I was referring to the expedited demise of the Big East.

I don't think the ACC or the Big10 is expanding. The more teams that leave, the more second rate our conferences becomes.

Reaction Score
If we are invited to the B1G, it won't be short term. That's not a short term move. If we are invited there, we're there to stay. Their football is arguably the 2nd/3rd best in the country and don't they make a ton of money on their TV deals? I believe I saw Indiana brings in almost double what schools who actually win games bring in.

I didn't mean it would be short term, I meant it may be a more likely option in the short term for us since the ACC seems like it will not be soon.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I didn't mean it would be short term, I meant it may be a more likely option in the short term for us since the ACC seems like it will not be soon.

Gotcha. I'd love to agree. Not sure I can though, unfortunately. To me it seems like ACC or bust(ed).

Reaction Score
Gov Malloy is sounding more and more like the Missouri governor who was pinning for B1G last year. If ACC does not invite us, we got eggs all over our face. In addition, we might be world of hurt if all of our conference mates bail to greener pastures. It is funny our moron of commissioner is out there preaching integrity with the ACC and the B12 yet both of those conferences will be responsible for ripping the BE apart.

Meanwhile, silence out of Providence is just amazing. The moron is probably out there somewhere getting his next sandwich with his clam soup.

Reaction Score
How do you fall back to the Big East if it doesn't exist as a football conference?

Reaction Score
Gov Malloy is sounding more and more like the Missouri governor who was pinning for B1G last year. If ACC does not invite us, we got eggs all over our face. In addition, we might be world of hurt if all of our conference mates bail to greener pastures. It is funny our moron of commissioner is out there preaching integrity with the ACC and the B12 yet both of those conferences will be responsible for ripping the BE apart.

Meanwhile, silence out of Providence is just amazing. The moron is probably out there somewhere getting his next sandwich with his clam soup.

What do you want Providence to say? Unless and until the football schools decide they are staying, no one is leaving anywhere to join. If the football schools do decide they are staying, because there are no more options, then there is work to be done.

Reaction Score
Malloy needs to stay out of this as do the rest of the pathetic CT politicians. They have already screwed up the state's finances. Who wants them focusing on Uconn's athletic program?

Reaction Score
I recently attended a manufacturing association meeting that featured a speech by Malloy. He spent 15 minutes discussing how George Washington depended on the manufacturing resources of Connecticut ... then said - "Thanks for having me, but I've got a budget crisis I need to solve."

15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Great.....no disrespect for those with learning disabilities but is this the person to lead the state in these times? You need a governor who can inspire with his speech not humm-a-na, humm-a-na every other word. He needs to leave the business of conference realignment to Herbst and the AD and focus on turning this state around. Messing up the conference deal would be the cherry on top of his accomplishments. As someone said, he is here for a while.
In response to your question, from Wikipedia...

"As a child, Malloy suffered from learning disabilities and difficulties with motor coordination. He did not learn to tie his shoes until the fifth grade and was considered mentally dumb by his elementary school teachers."

Reaction Score
Great.....no disrespect for those with learning disabilities but is this the person to lead the state in these times? You need a governor who can inspire with his speech not humm-a-na, humm-a-na every other word. He needs to leave the business of conference realignment to Herbst and the AD and focus on turning this state around. Messing up the conference deal would be the cherry on top of his accomplishments. As someone said, he is here for a while.

you should be ashamed of yourself

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
You are a fool. I am making a statement about his incompetence as governor and the lack of confidence he inspires not attacking people with disabilities. What exactly should I be ashamed of? Unless it is not that you misunderstood my point about his lack of eloquence and general incompetence and instead think he is doing a good job. Have you looked at your paycheck recently. We're taxed for everything except breathing and the state's still in debt.
you should be ashamed of yourself

Reaction Score
You are a fool. I am making a statement about his incompetence as governor and the lack of confidence he inspires not attacking people with disabilities. What exactly should I be ashamed of? Unless it is not that you misunderstood my point about his lack of eloquence and general incompetence and instead think he is doing a good job. Have you looked at your paycheck recently. We're taxed for everything except breathing and the state's still in debt.

Whether or not you think he's doing a good job, if you really believe that the state's problems were created in the last nine months, or were going to be solved in the last nine months, you are an idiot.

Reaction Score

this is what you said:

"Great.....no disrespect for those with learning disabilities but is this the person to lead the state in these times? You need a governor who can inspire with his speech not humm-a-na, humm-a-na every other word. He needs to leave the business of conference realignment to Herbst and the AD and focus on turning this state around. Messing up the conference deal would be the cherry on top of his accomplishments. As someone said, he is here for a while." responding to a post questioning his mental capacity. I am a fool? Again, you should be ashamed.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Shame is something you feel when you had intent which I didn't have. I originally was going to respond to the general topic about Malloy and his conference statement and bash him but then when someone commented about his learning disabilities I wanted to ad that I was criticizing him as a leader, not people with disabilities. Maybe replying to that post was not the best choice but I stand by my statements about him 100%.
this is what you said:

"Great.....no disrespect for those with learning disabilities but is this the person to lead the state in these times? You need a governor who can inspire with his speech not humm-a-na, humm-a-na every other word. He needs to leave the business of conference realignment to Herbst and the AD and focus on turning this state around. Messing up the conference deal would be the cherry on top of his accomplishments. As someone said, he is here for a while." responding to a post questioning his mental capacity. I am a fool? Again, you should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom