Gotham | The Boneyard

Gotham

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Good first episode. Was a fan of the smallville series when I was younger but this is definitely a lot darker. As well as it should be.

Reaction Score
Interesting.........will have to watch again. The Penguin could be a fun villain.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
agreed, watched it with the wife so i had to answer alot of questions. will re-watch it tonight on the DVR.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched last night. Liked it. It was interesting to see them introduce a young Cat Woman and Poison Ivy so quickly. The gut playing Jim Gordon reminds me of Russell Crowe in LA Confidential. Very high end cinematography for TV.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
did anyone catch the easter egg from the first episode that may be revisted in later seasons?

Reaction Score
did anyone catch the easter egg from the first episode that may be revisted in later seasons?

Which one? They did soft introductions of about a half dozen of Batman's rogues gallery. Penguin, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, The Riddler, Scarecrow's father, Solomon Grundy... probably others.

I thought this past monday's episode was a pretty darn good one too.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My favorite new show of the year.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Best show on primetime right now. And thats saying alot considering the current 'golden age of television.'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's good, not my favorite show (probably Justified). I am really, really looking forward to Constantine. In fact, I think what we are seeing across TV is an explosion of high quality programs that aren't sitcoms and are not reality based (fantasy in other words), all shot on location. Walking Dead, Grimm, Person of Interest, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of Shield, Fringe (now gone), Almost Human, Gotham, soon Constantine. Not counting Once Upon a Time, because while popular, it isn't that good.

Traditional TV, even dramas, were usually set in the present day and rarely incorporated these kinds of elements. There were exceptions like the X-Files and Twin Peaks (Star Trek and spin-offs going farther back), but never so many as now. The Movie industry reflects the same thing, with comics and graphic novels providing many rich story lines.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Anyone catch Gotham last night? It's definitely going to hit the fan now that everyone knows what really happend to Penguin. I also like how they portray the Ridler, Catwoman and every other baddie on the show. They make them out to be real human beings.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've been reading comics for a long time and yet I just can't get into this show and other comics related stuff. The only thing I really enjoyed was Batman - The Animated Series. I root for their success but I don't end up watching them.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I've been reading comics for a long time and yet I just can't get into this show and other comics related stuff. The only thing I really enjoyed was Batman - The Animated Series. I root for their success but I don't end up watching them.

The animated series was awesome, it's actually available for free for amazon prime users which is cool. i think the best part of this show is it doesn't give you batman, but other stories in gotham city, like Gordon, Penguin and other notable characters from the show. scarecrow has been confirmed as well at some point too.

Reaction Score
People on this thread must use a lot of meth. Best show on TV? Wow.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Good episode last night, Alfred is going to teach how fight and stand up to bullies. Harvey Dent will be on the episode next week it looks like.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
not sure if people are still watching but they've introduced a few new villains. Batman's greatest Villain to appear next week.

Reaction Score
I'm nearly caught up on this show. My son bought it on iTunes so I watch it on airplanes etc. I'm really impressed. A lot of depth of character and they have done a great job bringing to life some of the villains we know and some we don't. Gotham - the city itself - is masterfully presented.

I confess I never read the comics and don't care to - and I had very little interest in this show, but I'm hooked.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm nearly caught up on this show. My son bought it on iTunes so I watch it on airplanes etc. I'm really impressed. A lot of depth of character and they have done a great job bringing to life some of the villains we know and some we don't. Gotham - the city itself - is masterfully presented.

I confess I never read the comics and don't care to - and I had very little interest in this show, but I'm hooked.

Yep, love this show. Binge watched the whole thing in the past month. Two thumbs up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom