GOT Season Six | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
I disagree with that. Roose was trolling Ramsay hard at every opportunity taunting him with the fact that he would have a "real" son. He was totally inflammatory toward him. And he knew how crazy Ramsey was. It makes no sense Roose didnt see this coming. I mean this is a man who as been as shrewd a player in the "Game of Thrones" short of Littlefinger. Total Botch.

This is what I was getting at with contrived story lines. I guess the only reasonable explanation is that he didn't think Ramsay would do it in front of witnesses . . .

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know if it is worth a separate thread, but here is a quick list of characters that went down like a Boss vs. went down like a punk:

Went down Boss:

Joffrey - was practically throwing feces at everyone and they were taking it, right up until Queen of Thorns had enough of his crap.

Robb Stark - He did dump Frey's granddaughter for a hotter woman, and then brought his new tail to the Twins. He was rubbing Walder's face in it. Won every battle, and needed a huge betrayal to be taken out.

Renly - Kind of like the projected 300 game winner that tears his rotator cuff at 24, what could have been. Stannis needed to cheat to win.

Ygritte - took out about half of Castle Black before Olly got her.

Barristan - left a pile of bodies around him.

Hound - Lost one of the best fights of the whole show.

Hot wilding at Hardhomme - She was awesome.

Khal Drogo - no shame in dying defending your woman

Karl Tanner (psycho Crow at Craster's) - lost one of the best fights in the show

Stannis - took a lot of men down with him, including his own.

Jon Snow

Went down like a punk:

Tywin - taking a dump after banging your son's leftovers? Not much dignity there.

Roose - I expected a better exit

Lysa Arryn - One of the worst players in the game.

Doran Martell and Areo Hotah - if you lose to the Sand Snakes, by definition you went down like a punk.

Eddard - Jackass deserved to die. Everyone is trying to help him, including Renly who could have handed him the crown. Instead he walks into the Throne Room with a piece of paper. Nice work.

Robert Baratheon - best warrior in Westeros becomes a drunken slob and gets stuck by a pig.

Oberyn - That is why you don't run up the score when you are winning.

Reaction Score
August, to your earlier point, I was really hoping the resurrection would involve more than some sad looks and mumbo jumbo incantations. Give me Melisandre on fire straddling Jonny boy or something worthy of a resurrection!

He should have been torched and reincarnated inadvertently. It would a tied into his Targ heritage and paralleled the birth of the dragons, thereby symbolizing his connection to them. Would a given a reason for the transparent cliffhanger too.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
New to GOT - just binge watched that first five seasons and I'm now caught up. I have not read books.

Jon Snow's mom was a Targereyan? It is known? Seriously is that from the book or just a rumor?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
New to GOT - just binge watched that first five seasons and I'm now caught up. I have not read books.

Jon Snow's mom was a Targereyan? It is known? Seriously is that from the book or just a rumor?

well its not confirmed. And Johns Mom is a Stark. his DAD is a Targaryen_

Theyve hinted on the shows enough but have not confirmed it yet. Nor in the books. It is the most widely accepted fan theory from both.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score

Theyve hinted on the shows enough but have not confirmed it yet. Nor in the books. It is the most widely accepted fan theory from both.
So ilyana is his mom and the mad King is his dad and after Jon was born, he killed ilyana. Seems very plausible. I accept.

Must be why he's able to kill the white walkers - he has dragons blood in his veins.

So quite possibly we could have him marry his half sister Dany to unite the realm? Game over.

Reaction Score
So ilyana is his mom and the mad King is his dad and after Jon was born, he killed ilyana. Seems very plausible. I accept.

Must be why he's able to kill the white walkers - he has dragons blood in his veins.

So quite possibly we could have him marry his half sister Dany to unite the realm? Game over.

Jon Snow's dad wasn't the mad king, but his son, Rhaegar. His mother died shortly after giving birth, living long enough to tell her brother, Ned, to keep JS's parentage a secret.

There's a Bran-related flashback scene coming this week that shows someone in Targaryen armor fighting. I'm not sure if it will shed more light on this.

Reaction Score

The story told---to the readers and the GOT world---is that Rhyaegar kidnapped her. It's one of the reasons Robert joined Ned in rebellion (Robert was betrothed to Ilyana). In reality, there's reason to believe she ran off with him and Rhyaegar kept it a secret for his own reasons. Ned, in turn, was asked by his dying sister (dying in childbirth presumably) to promise him something. Everyone assumes the promise was the secret of John's parentage because Ned was a stick in the mud who didn't fool around on his wife.

Last edited:

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Totally missed the Rygaer was mad kings son. ok that makes more sense.

Reaction Score
Totally missed the Rygaer was mad kings son. ok that makes more sense.

And Daenerys' older brother. John Snow is Dany's nephew. He gets one of the dragons. Biggest mystery is who gets the third.

Reaction Score
And Daenerys' older brother. John Snow is Dany's nephew. He gets one of the dragons. Biggest mystery is who gets the third.

Most popular guess is Tyrion. I have to admit I'll be a bit disappointed if it turns out that way.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
What about Robert's bastard that escaped the red woman/Stannis?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Gendry? Not likely given his bastard status and lack of Targaryan blood lines.
Yeah Gendry - not great with names. He may not get a dragon, but I just don't see his storyline being finished. Not sure how he gets his legitimized (and if it's only by King decree) but someone might use him again to try to come to power or rule by proxy.

Reaction Score
Yeah Gendry - not great with names. He may not get a dragon, but I just don't see his storyline being finished. Not sure how he gets his legitimized (and if it's only by King decree) but someone might use him again to try to come to power or rule by proxy.

Let me ask this.

Do the Lannister's have claim to the throne right now? Or the Baratheon's? Joffrey got it when Robert died and Tommen got it from Joffrey, but they're "Baratheon's", aren't they? I know Tywin and Cersei were running the show, but the throne "should" still be Baratheon, right? That being said, if Tommen died and Gendry surfaced, he'd be next in line (especially with Stannis now dead). Right?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Let me ask this.

Do the Lannister's have claim to the throne right now? Or the Baratheon's? Joffrey got it when Robert died and Tommen got it from Joffrey, but they're "Baratheon's", aren't they? I know Tywin and Cersei were running the show, but the throne "should" still be Baratheon, right? That being said, if Tommen died and Gendry surfaced, he'd be next in line (especially with Stannis now dead). Right?

I am going to guess we find out what happens post-Tommen at some point. If any character looks like he is being kept around just to meet a gruesome death, it is Tommen.

Reaction Score
Post-Tommen is an absolute given. The witch's premonition from the Cersei flashback + Tommen saying he wants to get in the game? Dooooooooomed.

Reaction Score
Post-Tommen is an absolute given. The witch's premonition from the Cersei flashback + Tommen saying he wants to get in the game? Dooooooooomed.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Let me ask this.

I would think so. I assume that it was Ned Stark's intention to legitimize Gendry and have him be king by succession.

I did read somewhere that the Baratheon's lineage does intersect with the Lannisters and that the next in line would be Jaime (but he technically wouldn't be able to because he's king's guard for life), then Tyrion (but I'm sure his prior conviction would somehow preclude him), then gasp Cersei.

We know Tommen is a goner. Major game playing coming I suppose.

Maybe Baelish helps the Tyrell's find Gendry and maybe 3rd times the charm for Marjorie. At least until Dany's ready for battle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

So this isn't clear in the books either? I haven't read them. The show's position is of course that Ned is his father...thus far anyway.

I speed watched all the prior seasons on DVD and now have HBO. I really don't like this whole waiting a week for an episode crap.

August_West

Reaction Score
So this isn't clear in the books either? I haven't read them. The show's position is of course that Ned is his father...thus far anyway.

I speed watched all the prior seasons on DVD and now have HBO. I really don't like this whole waiting a week for an episode crap.

It is probably a bit more hinted at in the books, but to call it 100% clear would be wrong.
It could always be a swerve. But all signs point to it.
And by the way, by the previews of next week, I think we get it confirmed or denied either way.

Reaction Score
If R+L=J, that means John Snow, Danerys Targareyan and Tyrion Lannister were all born to mothers who died giving birth to them. Perhaps that is a Targ trait? I'm not necessarily sold on Tyrion being a Targ, but it would be one more positive in the "for" column.

Reaction Score
It is probably a bit more hinted at in the books, but to call it 100% clear would be wrong.
It could always be a swerve. But all signs point to it.
And by the way, by the previews of next week, I think we get it confirmed or denied either way.

What did you think when seeing Euron Greyjoy on screen? Death of your theory or deviation from the books?

August_West

Reaction Score
What did you think when seeing Euron Greyjoy on screen? Death of your theory or deviation from the books?

Death of what theory?

and no matter what that answer is, its been long deviated there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom