GOT Season Six | Page 17 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
Margaery/Tommen - Tommen is alive until Margaery decides she doesn't need him anymore.

What has Margaery done that is so good? She got married twice because Tywin and QoT thought it made financial sense. Other than taking Tommens virginity, I don't know what she's done that's noteworthy in general grand scheme.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
especially Danny, who unfortunately has been gifted dragons and must therefore be suffered.

Pretty much gifted the finest fighting force in the known world as well.

Arya isn't playing the Game. She has her own thing going on, but you underestimate her. The waif won't last another episode, maybe two.

The Waif is taking Needle to the belly post haste.

Reaction Score
Pretty much gifted the finest fighting force in the known world as well.

The Waif is taking Needle to the belly post haste.

Arya water dances and uses needle to shred the waif. Jaqen shows up and reveals himself to be Syrio Forel. Syrio announces that Arya's training is over and it's time to take care of the rest of the names on her list.

I'm not really predicting this, but who knows.

Jim

Reaction Score
Arya water dances and uses needle to shred the waif. Jaqen shows up and reveals himself to be Syrio Forel. Syrio announces that Arya's training is over and it's time to take care of the rest of the names on her list.
Or, Arya takes out the Waif when the Waif comes to kill her, cuts of the Waif's face, fools Jaqen with the face disguise, gets close and kills him, too. Then on to Westeros with her list. No one would then know she was an assassin.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I have two bits on the waif being the one who is tested. For a supposed devoit faceless man, she exhibits a lot of personal emotions.

Partly because I didn't recall the faceless men being strictly for hire without a decent reason other than pay. Killing the actress seemed a bit off. But then, I'm a fan.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have two bits on the waif being the one who is tested. For a supposed devoit faceless man, she exhibits a lot of personal emotions.

Partly because I didn't recall the faceless men being strictly for hire without a decent reason other than pay. Killing the actress seemed a bit off. But then, I'm a fan.

If I was Arya, I would have been looking for a negotiated exit rather than pissing them off.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The only competent players in the Game of Thrones are Varys, Littlefinger, and Tyrion. Their competitors are bumbling idiots, one and all, especially Danny, who unfortunately has been gifted dragons and must therefore be suffered.

Arya isn't playing the Game. She has her own thing going on, but you underestimate her. The waif won't last another episode, maybe two.

Dead in the first 15 minutes next week is my prediction. Death by Needle.

Dany isn't intelligent, but she has charisma in spades and knows how to use it. That and dragons can take you pretty far.

I think Jon is competent, but he has to overcome disadvantages (now including Sansa) and lack of self esteem as a bastard. Freeing the wildings was the right play, even if idiots like Allister were too stupid to see it. He too, has charisma....and now an army, if a small one.

Reaction Score
Dead in the first 15 minutes next week is my prediction. Death by Needle.

Dany isn't intelligent, but she has charisma in spades and knows how to use it. That and dragons can take you pretty far.

I think Jon is competent, but he has to overcome disadvantages (now including Sansa) and lack of self esteem as a bastard. Freeing the wildings was the right play, even if idiots like Allister were too stupid to see it. He too, has charisma....and now an army, if a small one.

John is competence and integrity combined. But he's busy saving the world and doesn't have time to play the Game. Shame, really.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
John is competence and integrity combined. But he's busy saving the world and doesn't have time to play the Game. Shame, really.

Jon is tactical, not strategic. He solves the problem in front of him, but misses the bigger picture. Risks death to take on a bunch of freaks at Craster's Keep. Letting the Wildlings in was the right move, but he should have seen it sooner rather than fight them first.

To be honest, the smartest strategic move, and the one I would have made, would be to run off with Ygritte instead of hanging out in a dreary, frozen fort with a bunch of criminals and a%#holes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Sansa is dragging him into the game. He's playing, even if he has his eye further north. Strategically, he will figure out that he needs to reunite the North under a Stark banner if they are to face what is coming in Winter.

Reaction Score
Jon is tactical, not strategic. He solves the problem in front of him, but misses the bigger picture. Risks death to take on a bunch of freaks at Craster's Keep. Letting the Wildlings in was the right move, but he should have seen it sooner rather than fight them first.

To be honest, the smartest strategic move, and the one I would have made, would be to run off with Ygritte instead of hanging out in a dreary, frozen fort with a bunch of criminals and a%#holes.

John's first major act as Lord Commander was to take in the wildings. It took a couple episodes, at most, for him to make both the decision and announcement. Considering each episode deals with a thousand characters, criticizing him for failing to act quickly enough is kind of sorta nitpicky.

Reaction Score
Sansa is dragging him into the game. He's playing, even if he has his eye further north. Strategically, he will figure out that he needs to reunite the North under a Stark banner if they are to face what is coming in Winter.

Yeah, maybe so. But he just entered the match and Ramsay will bow out soon after.

People who label the Stark kids incompetent forget that they were the Stark kids. After season one, they are split up and alone. They've gone through the growing phase and their competency level is going to take off. Two of the three most important are now together and the third just declared her independence and most likely intent to return. Their effect on the game board is going to skyrocket.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe so. But he just entered the match and Ramsay will bow out soon after.

People who label the Stark kids incompetent forget that they were the Stark kids. After season one, they are split up and alone. They've gone through the growing phase and their competency level is going to take off. Two of the three most important are now together and the third just declared her independence and most likely intent to return. Their effect on the game board is going to skyrocket.

I give them some slack. Jon has been fine. Robb was cocky.

Sansa was a silly, stupid, pretty girl raised as a princess, who wanted to be a princess. She didn't wake up to the harsh reality of the world until Ramsay forced her to. A bit late considering Joffrey was a monster. Then, once she's a little more experienced, she still botched the situation with Littlefinger, who she could have wrapped around her little finger and who's army she needed.

Arya is playing a dangerous game, but playing it well. She has a single mindedness of purpose, and is willing to risk all to achieve it. She may well do it. If I'm in Westeros, I don't want to be on her list.

Bran? He's along for the ride, none of this is really within his control.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

The only thing Sansa will ever be competent at is sewing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

A small army of tough, mildly-insane lunatics....with one absolutely gigantic killing-machine to boot.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I'm done underestimating Ramsay. He's got one quality that supersedes many others when it comes to playing the game: unadulterated ruthlessness. He'll cause a lot more damage before he's done imo.

People who label the Stark kids incompetent forget that they were the Stark kids. Two of the three most important are now together and the third just declared her independence and most likely intent to return. Their effect on the game board is going to skyrocket.

Three most important? Bran might not be in the game so to speak, but he's definitely as important as Jon/Sansa/Arya imo. Rickon can kick rocks.

In a lot of these discussions, we also seem to be ignoring the fact that, by default, the head of the Starks is currently Benjen, not any of the Stark kids.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm done underestimating Ramsay. He's got one quality that supersedes many others when it comes to playing the game: unadulterated ruthlessness. He'll cause a lot more damage before he's done imo.

Three most important? Bran might not be in the game so to speak, but he's definitely as important as Jon/Sansa/Arya imo. Rickon can kick rocks.

In a lot of these discussions, we also seem to be ignoring the fact that, by default, the head of the Starks is currently Benjen, not any of the Stark kids.

And BenJen may be more or less immortal, or at least immune to white walkers.

Reaction Score

Shot. I forgot about Bran. Still, he kinda furthers my theory. Childhood and training are done. Returning to the gameboard. Reunited with family. Watch out . . . .

P.s. Small quibble. Benjen is part of the Night's Watch and or undead. He leads nothing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Your hatred for Sansa is making me become a Sansa partisan. Poor thing has had a rough life, and survived with spirit intact. Jerk. :)

Spirit intact? Sure if you want to mean that she continues her trend of being a self-serving idiot even after being abused for quite a while as "intact", I would have to agree.

I do feel bad for her in one way though. The sexual abuse. Even though the physical started with Ramsay, she had to endure the mental anguish of Joffrey repeatedly threatening rape and then having the possible task of fulfilling marital duties with a hideous, scarred Imp. Im sure Ramsay screwed with her head too.
Shes gotta be messed up in the head about sex, and its too bad, shes a hawtie but destined to be nothing but a lousy lay. There is not a Sexual therapist in Westeros who would be able to untangle that mess.

So yeah. Shes good at sewing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom