GOT Season Six | Page 15 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
13239188_1185195264847553_2801735454491751824_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I hope GRRM and the show runners are very careful with Bran's abilities.

I like that he can go back in time, it provides a lot of backstory. (It would be a cool power to have, you could learn a lot, although I suppose most people would use it for prom.)

I don't like that he can seemingly change the past, that opens up a lot of potential plot holes that are hard to fill.

I can't see the writer's having him change the past, but rather show his impact on historical events.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's not necessarily out of the show at this point. Can be introduced any time.
True, but then just stupid right? If you were going to ever pull it out you would think it would be at the kingsmoot to strengthen the whole case made about hooking up with the Mother of Dragons and choosing him over Theons sister (I hate they use a different name in the show than the books...btw... why? ) ....I mean that would have put the exclamation point on it and made it even more apparent why Euron was chosen other than "Im a cocksman and Im going to marry her"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One and the same. A knife made of obsidian. The hobbits didn't have metal. They used obsidian and other stones for everything. It's why they lost. Well, that and their diminutive size . . . .
Was it a knife? I thought it looked like a sharp piece of obsidian.

Sort of. I thought dragon glass officially came from the fires of Valeria. That's why Valerian steel also kills the White Walkers. Anything dragon fire related kills ice.

Might be remembering wrong from the books. After all, it's been 73 years since I read the first one.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
True, but then just stupid right? If you were going to ever pull it out you would think it would be at the kingsmoot to strengthen the whole case made about hooking up with the Mother of Dragons and choosing him over Theons sister (I hate they use a different name in the show than the books...btw... why? ) ....I mean that would have put the exclamation point on it and made it even more apparent why Euron was chosen other than "Im a cocksman and Im going to marry her"

Good point. Though, if I was in possession of the horn, the last thing I would do is broadcast that fact, until the moment I'm ready to use it. Seems like that would put a massive target on your back.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I really hope the Hound is still alive, loved that guy.

Want a spoiler? hahahaha

EDIT: never mind @ already spoiled it.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The general rumor is that her wolf is leading a pack of other wild dogs somewhere in the North if not beyond the wall. But no one really knows.

Unless the story comes back to it, I consider her the Russian from the Sopranos wandering the Pinelands, an unresolved plot point in a story much too large to tie up every last loose end.

Pretty sure Nymeria is hunting the Riverlands. That's why there's rumors of a pack of wolves hunting the populace. And you hear about Frey's and Lannisters getting gutted by the pack.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Nymeria is hunting the Riverlands. That's why there's rumors of a pack of wolves hunting the populace. And you hear about Frey's and Lannisters getting gutted by the pack.

Is this a book thing, or did they mention this yet in the show?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Is this a book thing, or did they mention this yet in the show?

I know it's in the book. You actually get to see through the eyes (and mind) of the dire wolf. It's pretty cool.

Can't recall if they mentioned it in the show, but I'm guessing not. I'm hoping when Arya gets back to Westeros, she's going to reunite w Nymeria for a spectacular killing spree.

Reaction Score
I did some Hodoring. Read a ton of blogs/forums, then rewatched last week's episode, then watched the linked clip of all "Hodors".

I think it's pretty clear. Bran warged into both versions of Hodor and Willys was able to see his fate (and destiny). The final scene at the Door would indicate he met a pretty gruesome end, being torn apart alive by the undead and I think that's what really fried the "Hodor" into his brain for his entire life.

And if you rewatch the clip with all the "Hodors", it's pretty cool because you can now imagine that he knows what's coming for him when he says it over the years.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I did some Hodoring. Read a ton of blogs/forums, then rewatched last week's episode, then watched the linked clip of all "Hodors".

I think it's pretty clear. Bran warged into both versions of Hodor and Willys was able to see his fate (and destiny). The final scene at the Door would indicate he met a pretty gruesome end, being torn apart alive by the undead and I think that's what really fried the "Hodor" into his brain for his entire life.

And if you rewatch the clip with all the "Hodors", it's pretty cool because you can now imagine that he knows what's coming for him when he says it over the years.

Huh... I expected more Hodor.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
(I hate they use a different name in the show than the books...btw... why? )

They thought people would get confused because Osha and Asha sound similar. I think Osha was introduced first so they changed Asha to Yara.

Reaction Score
Good point. Though, if I was in possession of the horn, the last thing I would do is broadcast that fact, until the moment I'm ready to use it. Seems like that would put a massive target on your back.
That's what I was thinking, holding it as a kind of Ace in the Hole. But I also think it would be important to reveal it at the Kingsmoot to your potential comrades that you have such an Ace in the Hole to convince them that you can very plausibly succeed in your plans.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jaime and Cersei could screw up a cup of coffee.

I am not convinced that Margaery is not playing the High Sparrow.

Lots of random ex-characters making comebacks: Blackfish, Edmure, Benjen, Walder Frey

The show just kind of glosses over that one of Walder's daughters or granddaughters (forget which) is dead, along with her son, and Walder doesn't seem to give a crap. The guy who tricked Robb into the Red Wedding would see through whatever story Ramsay had come up with to explain their deaths.

Reaction Score

Lots of random ex-characters making comebacks: Blackfish, Edmure, Benjen, Walder Frey

The show just kind of glosses over that one of Walder's daughters or granddaughters (forget which) is dead, along with her son, and Walder doesn't seem to give a crap. The guy who tricked Robb into the Red Wedding would see through whatever story Ramsay had come up with to explain their deaths.
If Margeary is playing the Sparrow, she's doing a damned fine job of it. The Sparrow lets Tommen see her, & the viewer doesn't know how their total conversation goes. Suddenly the King announces the joining of forces of the military & the religion for the greater good in the battles to come, thus pissing off both of their families? There will be treachery in the future no doubt, but who will be on the wrong end of a blade?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It seems clear to me Margeary is trying to play the High Sparrow. I would imagine she's doing this to try to save her brother, who isn't taking this punishment as well as she is.

I've read a theory (might even have been in this thread, I can't keep track of all my online GoT discussion threads) that says the Mad King heard whispers from the Three-Eyed Raven, and that he wasn't actually mad. So he was gathering all the wildfire to destroy the white walkers, not to kill all of the peasants. After seeing Bran's flashbacks this week, I think this theory may hold water now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It seems clear to me

That may be true, but he did burn the living crap out of a LOT of people (in the books anyway). Tortured many more. He certainly wasn't sane. Or kind for that matter. And he was definitely a product of 100s of years of inbreeding.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That may be true, but he did burn the living crap out of a LOT of people (in the books anyway). Tortured many more. He certainly wasn't sane. Or kind for that matter. And he was definitely a product of 100s of years of inbreeding.

Well yeah, I guess saying he wasn't mad at all is going too far. Maybe he started collecting wildfire to use on the white walkers and wights, and the Three-Eyed Raven's whispers drove him mad and he started using it on everyone around him?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Does he even know his daughter is dead yet?

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if Roose Bolton came up with the Red Wedding scheme, and Frey just followed through. He's only clever sometimes. If there's one thing true of Walder Frey, it's that he's often blinded by his jealousy of other houses and resulting inferiority complex.

Reaction Score
It seems clear to me Margeary is trying to play the High Sparrow. I would imagine she's doing this to try to save her brother, who isn't taking this punishment as well as she is.

I've read a theory (might even have been in this thread, I can't keep track of all my online GoT discussion threads) that says the Mad King heard whispers from the Three-Eyed Raven, and that he wasn't actually mad. So he was gathering all the wildfire to destroy the white walkers, not to kill all of the peasants. After seeing Bran's flashbacks this week, I think this theory may hold water now.

Maybe Margery's plan includes having Loras fight The Mountain in Cersai's trial by combat. In the books at least, Loras was one of the greatest knights in Westeros. They've made him less imposing in the TV show, but he did beat The Mountain in Robert's games way back in the first season. This way, she can get out from under both the Sparrow and Cersei in one fell swoop. Her character just seems too smart to have fallen for what the Sparrow was selling.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They seemed to have pulled back a few lesser storylines from ADWD and AFFC mixed in with some rumored plot points for the last two books.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom