Good things can happen if Warde hires now... | The Boneyard

Good things can happen if Warde hires now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about we worry about the 2014 kids who need to make a decision in the first week of February before we worry about 2015 kids committing?:eek: The top two 2015 kids both have UConn offers.

"Recruiting" is not going to force WM to make a decision.

Reaction Score
How about we worry about the 2014 kids who need to make a decision in the first week of February before we worry about 2015 kids committing?:eek: The top two 2015 kids both have UConn offers.

Offers from who???? George DeLeone? Paul Pasqualoni? Thanks for your insight.

Reaction Score

Yeah, maybe you're right, recruiting isn't that important. Warde should ignore those kids.

Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe you're right, recruiting isn't that important. Warde should ignore those kids.

Buddy come on now. You think it's a good idea to hire a guy now, and skip a thorough and complete search just to appease some high school kids that may or may not come here?

Just tell me you're joking and are going for laughs.

Reaction Score
So we could choose from either TJW or Nutt, they are the only 2 not under contract by another school or NFL team. I think we could do a little better than that.

Reaction Score
Buddy come on now. You think it's a good idea to hire a guy now, and skip a thorough and complete search just to appease some high school kids that may or may not come here?

Just tell me you're joking and are going for laughs.

What you say makes good sense, but I think they're going to hire Nutt, and if true, announce it now to stabilize 2014 and 2015 recruiting. That's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
What you say makes good sense, but I think they're going to hire Nutt, and if true, announce it now to stabilize 2014 and 2015 recruiting. That's all I'm saying.
Did Marinelli tell you that...and that he will be going to Storrs as DC? Don't leave us hanging...how do you know Nutt is going to be the next coach?

Reaction Score

That would be about the dumbest thing WM could possibly do.

This Nutt stuff reminds me of the Phillip Fulmer nonsense from 3 years ago.

Reaction Score
The next coach should be one who is having success this season at the FBS level. Those folks have responsibilities that will keep them occupied until Dec. 8. Plausible that the new coach is allowed to coach the bowl game by the school he's leaving. Plenty of time to get away and recruit in that window.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why am I reminded that because Warde waited to see whether Kevin Ollie could demonstrate his coaching abilities by, you know, actual coaching, the program was ruined forever and we'd never land any recruits. A darned good recruiting class (including a 5 star transfer) and top 20 ranking later, it was obviously nonsense.

This is the same, and I'd use the same arguments. The rumors possibly help us though. Kids see some pretty exciting names thrown out and know that whoever the next coach is, he will be a huge upgrade. What more do they need? They are choosing where to go to college, not picking out a date for the prom. If the decision is just about the coach then they are idiots. This is a long term hire and cannot be based on whether or not we land some 3 star kid this year that may or may not ever contribute.

Reaction Score
It is absolutely critical that we make the right coaching hire. Some people who should be considered won't be seriously talking to anyone for another few weeks. The fact that you will have a lesser recruiting class for one year while a transition takes place is a given -- not something to scheme around at the cost of getting the hire wrong.

Reaction Score
Why am I reminded that because Warde waited to see whether Kevin Ollie could demonstrate his coaching abilities by, you know, actual coaching, the program was ruined forever and we'd never land any recruits. A darned good recruiting class (including a 5 star transfer) and top 20 ranking later, it was obviously nonsense.

There was a lot of yelling about the Ollie situation, but in hindsight it was handled perfectly.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is possible to hire a coach now. I don't think any coach would leave his team in the middle of the season. It would look bad and damage his reputation.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not in a hurry to hire someone, I just want the right someone

the 2014 freshman class is not going to make or break UConn football, the next head coach is way more important

Reaction Score
We could lose the entire recruiting class and it won't matter if Warde hires the right guy.

We could keep the whole recruiting class (P. pretty much did) and it won't matter of Warde hires the wrong guy.

Reaction Score
I'd be kinda surprised if we don't have somebody in place by Christmas the latest... I say a week before... Edsall really dogged us with his late move (in January). Those 2 or 3 weeks were critical coaching and recruiting wise. The first few weeks in December, IMO, is plenty of time for us to find our next HC... I'd be shocked if WM and company aren't finalizing their list of coaches down to a handful right now.

And, yes, we do need to salvage 2014 recruiting... can't just tank it. I think WM understands that too...

Reaction Score
We could lose the entire recruiting class and it won't matter if Warde hires the right guy.

We could keep the whole recruiting class (P. pretty much did) and it won't matter of Warde hires the wrong guy.
That's why I started this thread and I got killed by some fellow fans for it. That being said, what my critics said does make sense to a degree, so we need a new coach soon but realistically the process will take maybe a month and a half before the new coach is introduced. At the same time we also need to try to keep prospective recruits interested. I think Warde of course knows this and with his football background can do some interim recruiting on his own, maybe with some help from TJ. I mean for prospective recruit to talk to WM about his football career might mean a lot to a recruit and his parents. He was at the New Canaan/St Joes game a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom