Goliath- Amazon

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by gwhuskyfan, Oct 24, 2016.

1. gwhuskyfan

gwhuskyfan

Anyone watch this new series with Billy Bob Thornton? Binged through it this weekend and thought it was pretty good.

2. billythekid

billythekid

I watched the first episode and thought it was good, but not great. It kind of felt like a regular network show vibe as opposed to a pay service vibe, if that makes sense. I'll watch a few more episodes as Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt are both such great actors.

3. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Just watched episodes 1 & 2, really like it so far. The end of episode 2.... WTF!

gwhuskyfan likes this.
  4. gwhuskyfan

gwhuskyfan

Yup crazy ending there!

5. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

4 episodes in, liking it. We are purposefully not binging it over a few nights, but keeping it to one episode a night during the week.

Billy Bob is really good. He plays the same type of character (Slingblade being the lone exception) in most his roles, but he's always really good.

6. SAMCRO

SAMCRO

finished it last night. liked the 1st season a lot. It is still TBD if there will be a season 2, but supposedly there is good momentum to do it. I hope so.

7. J187Money

J187Money

In episode 3 - really good so far.

8. billythekid

billythekid

Finished the series last night and really enjoyed it. Billy Bob's character was familiar, but he still managed to add his own twist. Reminded me at times of Paul Newman's character in The Verdict. I thought they did a great job of mixing in some lighter moments, usually delivered by the woman who played his co-counseler. A few minor criticsms, including a weaker than expected finale, but overall a very worthwhile series.

9. temery

temery What?

Just finished. Definitely looking forward to season two.