Goliath- Amazon | The Boneyard

Goliath- Amazon

Reaction Score
Anyone watch this new series with Billy Bob Thornton? Binged through it this weekend and thought it was pretty good.

Reaction Score
I watched the first episode and thought it was good, but not great. It kind of felt like a regular network show vibe as opposed to a pay service vibe, if that makes sense. I'll watch a few more episodes as Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt are both such great actors.

Reaction Score
Just watched episodes 1 & 2, really like it so far. The end of episode 2.... WTF!

Reaction Score
4 episodes in, liking it. We are purposefully not binging it over a few nights, but keeping it to one episode a night during the week.

Billy Bob is really good. He plays the same type of character (Slingblade being the lone exception) in most his roles, but he's always really good.

Reaction Score
finished it last night. liked the 1st season a lot. It is still TBD if there will be a season 2, but supposedly there is good momentum to do it. I hope so.

Reaction Score
Finished the series last night and really enjoyed it. Billy Bob's character was familiar, but he still managed to add his own twist. Reminded me at times of Paul Newman's character in The Verdict. I thought they did a great job of mixing in some lighter moments, usually delivered by the woman who played his co-counseler. A few minor criticsms, including a weaker than expected finale, but overall a very worthwhile series.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just finished. Definitely looking forward to season two.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just watched episodes 1 & 2, really like it so far. The end of episode 2.... WTF!
Without reading any further into the thread, I just watched the end of the 2nd episode. How can you not keep watching after that?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Finished it today - definitely started stronger than it finished, but still really enjoyable and hopefully a second season will happen. Billy Bob is really good and pretty much carried the show. William Hurt is just very creepy and uncomfortable to watch, which I guess was the point, but while everything else was plausible, his creepiness wasn't. The expert witness was also really brilliant. He played the out of that character.

Everything hereafter may be a spoiler - but not worth the spoiler alert tag:

As I said, it didn't end as strong as I would have liked, maybe just too predictable in the end.

Two things I may have missed - 1) did they ever explain how William Hurt got burned and 2) did they ever explain (other than drunkenness) how Billy Bob got axed and still retained his name on the firm?

Reaction Score
Finished it today - definitely started stronger than it finished, but still really enjoyable and hopefully a second season will happen. Billy Bob is really good and pretty much carried the show. William Hurt is just very creepy and uncomfortable to watch, which I guess was the point, but while everything else was plausible, his creepiness wasn't. The expert witness was also really brilliant. He played the out of that character.

Everything hereafter may be a spoiler - but not worth the spoiler alert tag:

As I said, it didn't end as strong as I would have liked, maybe just too predictable in the end.

Two things I may have missed - 1) did they ever explain how William Hurt got burned and 2) did they ever explain (other than drunkenness) how Billy Bob got axed and still retained his name on the firm?
1) - No and 2) not really, they did say that after he succesfully defended a murderer, that he later killed a whole family, and he went off the deep end. That's how he got canned, but presumably, his wife ended up a partner while they were still together, so part of the name of the firm belongs to her. Considering they portrayed it as a very large, international firm. branding is a pretty big consideration. It would be pretty stupid to screw your bottom line over a petty grievance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom