Gold Cup Roster | The Boneyard

Gold Cup Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/2007), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake/2011, 2013), William Yarbrough (Club Leon)
DEFENDERS (7): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC/2009), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy/2013), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers/2011)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake/2009, 2013), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/2011, 2013), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/2007, 2011), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo/2005), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC/2013), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC/2011), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC/2005, 2007, 2011), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes/2011, 2013)

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/06/23/10/30/150623-mnt-gold-cup-roster-release

Reaction Score
Don't agree with Wondo and Brad Davis.

Maybe Brad Evans and Jurgen are gay lovers? Brad had a nice game against Germany and Jurgen loves him I guess. I am kind of neutral there.

I just saw a tweet that said that Brad Davis hadn't completed a cross in league play since May 23. Wondo is trying to log into twitter right now to see if he made it, but everytime he types in his password he keeps missing the keys.

And I am thinking that Besler and Garza will be called in after the group stage, same with Beasley.

Yedlin as midfielder and Johnson as a defender.. hmmmmmmmm. I don't believe that. They will probably be used in both roles.

Reaction Score
Yea don't get Davis at all, so many better options. Probably a good chance he doesn't play (more than 10 or so minutes at least).

Reaction Score
Don't get Wondo, but it's not like there are clear other choices for his role. Davis over Fielhaber, Klejstan and basically any other above average starting MLS midfielder is bizarre. Enough with him being good at free kicks. He can't take them unless he's on the field generally.

More than a little surprised that none of Shea, Beasley or Garza is in to play LB.

Reaction Score
Don't get Wondo, but it's not like there are clear other choices for his role. Davis over Fielhaber, Klejstan and basically any other above average starting MLS midfielder is bizarre. Enough with him being good at free kicks. He can't take them unless he's on the field generally.

More than a little surprised that none of Shea, Beasley or Garza is in to play LB.

I think some of those guys come in after the group. It's so easy to get out of group play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not really liking that roster. Davis? Wondo? I see absolutely no need for them.

Reaction Score
Picking Wondo over Wood, Morris, etc. seems to contradict JK's push to get young and fast and to give those players experience & opportunities in advance of WC qualifying, especially as I expect both qualifying and the Cup itself to be a bear due to the hammer that the US FBI dropped on FIFA and especially CONCACAF.

Davis was the worst pick for the last World Cup in my opinion. It either took away a viable sub for Altidore (which was an obvious need after Altidore went down) and/or slot for LD who is just as good on set pieces as Davis and has a proven nose for the net in tight games assuming that at 75% fitness he could be used as a super sub around the 75 minute mark.

Reaction Score
Picking Wondo over Wood, Morris, etc. seems to contradict JK's push to get young and fast and to give those players experience & opportunities in advance of WC qualifying, especially as I expect both qualifying and the Cup itself to be a bear due to the hammer that the US FBI dropped on FIFA and especially CONCACAF.

Davis was the worst pick for the last World Cup in my opinion. It either took away a viable sub for Altidore (which was an obvious need after Altidore went down) and/or slot for LD who is just as good on set pieces as Davis and has a proven nose for the net in tight games assuming that at 75% fitness he could be used as a super sub around the 75 minute mark.

He said the page was still turned, but that he wanted an experienced roster for the Gold Cup. I think he cares more about securing the Confederations Cup spot for the new guys down the road.

Reaction Score
He said the page was still turned, but that he wanted an experienced roster for the Gold Cup. I think he cares more about securing the Confederations Cup spot for the new guys down the road.
This makes sense; getting a tournament 1 year before the WC against the best in the world is much more important than banging on Haiti and Panama. Worst case scenario is that we don't win and load Cup the roster for a one and done with the winner.

And assuming we get out of the group stage we can still make changes. If we can't get out of the group stage we should just forget it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom