Going to Be Sweet | The Boneyard

Going to Be Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When we can focus of this year's team and catch a practice report or two and the colors green and orange subside as fall lengthens. :rolleyes: In about 19 days we roll out First Night festivities and catch Kyla, Molly and Crystal in their new duds. Works for me.

Reaction Score
Probably after Walker decides, half of the board has a meltdown for a day, and we can start focusing on the excellent 2017 class I anticipate UCONN landing. ;)
I too would like Walker in a UConn White and Blue/Blue and White uniform--at the same time--Uconn will do nicely without her
there have been, a guess, hundreds maybe thousands of recruits Geno did not get..And I've heard in the past that Geno can't recruit-i.e. the sky is falling--and yes some OFF years have not been greatly successful--few games these kids (now middle aged ladies some) ever caused to lose my attention or love for them. This year will not be a typical OFF YEAR--Mark those words --and feed them back in April.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agreed. By then, ALL of us will have fully recovered from this bout of "Walker flu" that we all are experiencing now. We'll have all of the color back in our cheeks, we'll be in good spirits and will be ready to kick off the season.
It's hard to care any more; has dragged on so long.

I hear you Sonny44. I need about 3-4 days away from the keyboard after this to relax, reduce my stress level, and regain my sanity. This is crazy. I'm 2800 + miles away on the other side of the country, but I feel like I'm right there in Connecticut. I guess that's what happens when you're a dead serious UConn fan. :p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Truth is UConn is the center of the universe for women's ball. There is a price to buy into that. A regime that leaves you superbly prepared for the next step, be it basketball or something like Med School. It requires great discipline. Of course, you are also pampered and preened and, as Stewie recently revealed, essentially your money is no good in CT. A press corps follows you around and every game is telecast. Then there are the weekly game shows, etc. All this as long as you are committed to be pushed to your limit, so that you may be the best you can be. Then there is the 30 year sorority of sisters and aunts you didn't know you had. So, I've covered all the negatives. Lets move on to the good news....;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Agreed. By then, ALL of us will have fully recovered from this bout of "Walker flu" that we all are experiencing now. We'll have all of the color back in our cheeks, we'll be in good spirits and will be ready to kick off the season.

I hear you Sonny44. I need about 3-4 days away from the keyboard after this to relax, reduce my stress level, and regain my sanity. This is crazy. I'm 2800 + miles away on the other side of the country, but I feel like I'm right there in Connecticut. I guess that's what happens when you're a dead serious UConn fan. :p
C-man, take a breath. If you need something just watch Amber Rose on "Dancing With The Stars". I just happen to change channels and there she was. I'm taking deep breaths as we speak.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Walker didn't give around 72 hrs notice of the announcement.

Reaction Score

With SNY and the Boneyard, and a bit of the Courant thrown in, staying on top of events: recruiting, schedule, transfers--are easy. I see more Uconn games in Virginia than I did in Ct. I'm willing to bet there are UC fans that never saw Gample (Gampel) that follow it on the Boneyard and Sny.. My daughters in San Diego and Palo Alto never tune into a game. Once in a while will go to a game against UC at Stanford.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
With SNY and the Boneyard, and a bit of the Courant thrown in, staying on top of events: recruiting, schedule, transfers--are easy. I see more Uconn games in Virginia than I did in Ct. I'm willing to bet there are UC fans that never saw Gample (Gampel) that follow it on the Boneyard and Sny.. My daughters in San Diego and Palo Alto never tune into a game. Once in a while will go to a game against UC at Stanford.

When I attended the UC Davis / Stanford games in 2014, I met a lot of UConn fans that were mostly from Northern and Southern California. They were easy to spot. They were proudly adorned in their UConn gear.
I even met some folks from surrounding states (Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Utah). We had time to chat while standing outside of the arena, waiting for the doors to open. Surprisingly, some of them didn't know about the boneyard. :eek: Of course I enlightened them, and told them to look for my posts.

You'd be surprised at the number of UConn fans out here. Most of them (me included) have never been to Gampel. Attending a game at Gampel is on my short "bucket list". If I come that far, I've got to see at least two games. That's too far to travel to take in only one game. My magic carpet is only good for short trips around town. For long cross country trips, Carnac has to get on a plane like everyone else. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom