Glad the Chinese WBB team is out ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Glad the Chinese WBB team is out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Sorry to be out of step, but I didn't care for the "yoo" post. And I'm not a fan of political correctness, either, but the post just isn't in the range I consider polite. And I blame the lack of politeness for at least some of what I think is wrong with the country. That said, I'm not a moderator - thanks be.

On the other issue - no, I don't think I would want to live under the Chinese regime or be trained by there methods . . . but, I'm not sure I get the harping on "obscure" sports. The chinese cleaned up in diving - at one time a USA strong-suit, and did well in the whole Table Tennis, Badminton conglomeration, which seems to have numerous Asian (and Asian American), not just Chinese, competitors. While I am not sure those sports belong in the olympics, we seem to be perfectly willing to compete in them.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Lot's of generalizations in this thread. It wasn't long ago that the United States witnessed Kent State and the Chicago National Convention....not to mention the Occupy demonstrations. That's all in the land of the free...not a communist country. China has plenty of room to grow, but deserve some recognition of where they have grown. As far as sport is concerned I've noticed over the past couple Olympics it's been Chinese athletes that seem to act more "western" and "American" than our so-called Western European friends. I don't think the difference between "us" and "them" when it comes to sports is all that different.
There's a key difference between questioning/criticizing how the free asembly clause of the First Amendment has been interpreted by law enforcement and not having anything remotely resembling a free assembly clause to begin with...or a free/speech press clause that allows for there being forums to question/criticize.

I'm generally all about openness to and tolerance of different approaches and to how nations conduct themselves, but China's emergence as a superpower has many implications over the course of this century that will probably dramatically impact our way of life, as well as that of its people.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
While everyone is off beating their breasts on how the USA is superior to China, don't forget there are some young girls that have been away from home and family for years that wanted to win a medal every bit as much as the girls from the US, England, Australia and so on. You guys saw the Big Bad Communist country losing out but I just saw a group of heartbroken teenagers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BTW, I'm locking this to forestall any more politically oriented screeds. Take it to the Cesspool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom