Give Syracuse Credit, They're A Plucky Bunch | The Boneyard

Give Syracuse Credit, They're A Plucky Bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If there's one thing you can say about them, it's that they never gave up.

You knew they'd give their all - the Tire Pros Classic was on the line and Syracuse played like they were giving free snow tires to the winner.

Which wasn't them, by the way.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anyone notice any and all mention of the "Tire Pros Classic" title was conveniently hidden throughout this whole process until you get to MSG and look at center court?

Also back on topic, I agree it was noticeably blue-er throughout the stadium, and their student section was despicable. Most of their fans sitting behind basket moved down into the student section and it still didn't fill up.

Reaction Score
Didn't know that Coleman kid was Derrick's son.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Seriously can't believe the difference in the crowd. Anyone who said it was 50-50 is lying. 70/30 good guys....Cuse couldn't even fill in more than 3 rows behind there basket. So much for that "national brand" :rolleyes:

I was in the very heavy UConn fan side (sec 104) to the side of the basket (UConn students) , and 70-30 would also be my guess. It was a a significantly louder Husky crowd throughout the building.

Reaction Score
I was in the very heavy UConn fan side (sec 104) to the side of the basket (UConn students) , and 70-30 would also be my guess. It was a a significantly louder Husky crowd throughout the building.

While trolling the syracusefan forum during the game last night, multiple Cuse posters (who were at the Garden) lamented their sad turnout.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
While trolling the syracusefan forum during the game last night, multiple Cuse posters (who were at the Garden) lamented their sad turnout.

To be fair, a Monday night game is pretty tough. Cuse is not close. They have a lot of alumni in the area but it's a lot easier for students, alumni and fans living in Connecticut to make a Monday night game in NYC than people from Central New York.

Wait, what I am saying. CUSE SUCKS. 4>1.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To be fair, a Monday night game is pretty tough. Cuse is not close. They have a lot of alumni in the area but it's a lot easier for students, alumni and fans living in Connecticut to make a Monday night game in NYC than people from Central New York.

Wait, what I am saying. CUSE SUCKS. 4>1.
I was close to slapping you with my Kristen Wiig gif. Then you recovered.

Reaction Score
Where does Cuse finish in the ACC? Looks like bottom.

Reaction Score
If there's one thing you can say about them, it's that they never gave up.

You knew they'd give their all - the Tire Pros Classic was on the line and Syracuse played like they were giving free snow tires to the winner.

Which wasn't them, by the way.
and playing for snow tires in Syracuse is a really big deal...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It was an epic battle of wills. A war. Syracuse, against all odds, with shots rimming out left and right, simply put on their hardhats and found a way to keep themselves in the game. Yes they mightve fallen just short, but the grit, pluck, and determination are to be commended. I resepct the warrior in them.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Didn't know that Coleman kid was Derrick's son.

You couldn't tell by his look? Haha jk, not a dig just funny how much he looks like him, body and face, but more so now that he's older and bigger...

So much talent, but he's always been a bit of a head case (my opinion from far away)... But he went to Jamesville-DeWitt which is a suburb of Cuse so I assume whichever parent or both he lived with kept their home in Cuse.

Reaction Score
It was an epic battle of wills. A war. Syracuse, against all odds, with shots rimming out left and right, simply put on their hardhats and found a way to keep themselves in the game. Yes they mightve fallen just short, but the grit, pluck, and determination are to be commended. I resepct the warrior in them.
You could easily be talking about us, at least the first 3\4s of the game. Great game but I was fearful of OT.

Reaction Score
On Syracusefan, they are literally reasoning the loss last night to them team "being more concerned with playing Duke later in the year, so they did not care about this game." It's unreal some of the s*** these guys come up with!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
On Syracusefan, they are literally reasoning the loss last night to them team "being more concerned with playing Duke later in the year, so they did not care about this game." It's unreal some of the s*** these guys come up with!

Yeah whatever gets you through the night, its alright............

College kids playing in the worlds most famous arena on National TV against the the Championship juggernaut of the modern era were looking ahead to Duke.

Reaction Score
You couldn't tell by his look? Haha jk, not a dig just funny how much he looks like him, body and face, but more so now that he's older and bigger...

So much talent, but he's always been a bit of a head case (my opinion from far away)... But he went to Jamesville-DeWitt which is a suburb of Cuse so I assume whichever parent or both he lived with kept their home in Cuse.

Except he's not Derrick Coleman's son. That's a rumor.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Seriously can't believe the difference in the crowd. Anyone who said it was 50-50 is lying. 70/30 good guys....Cuse couldn't even fill in more than 3 rows behind there basket. So much for that "national brand" :rolleyes:
We need to start playing some of these neutral site games in Toronto if we're going to make it even. Playing against UConn in NYC is a road game for anybody.

Reaction Score
We need to start playing some of these neutral site games in Toronto if we're going to make it even. Playing against UConn in NYC is a road game for anybody.

There are a couple posts on that site talking about how this was their third road game out of four.

Most acknowledged how much better our fans were too.

Nice to see them be humbled even more.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Not to be a dick, but welcome to the joke.
I'm pretty sure I got it the first time.....but since you're so much smarter than me, thanks for the clarification..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom