Give it up for Chris MacKenzie, Dad-joking mastermind behind UConn’s rise in women’s hockey (Dom Amore-Courant) | The Boneyard

Give it up for Chris MacKenzie, Dad-joking mastermind behind UConn’s rise in women’s hockey (Dom Amore-Courant)

Reaction Score
We had not been to a women's game in a decade and had never been to the TFIF when we went to the Holy Cross game.

What immediately stood out was team discipline. Short shifts, centerman high in the O zone, the physicality. Almost no situation where you were temped to shout MOVE IT (ie. pass the puck), and their skating was very good.

All in all we said to ourselves, this team is very well coached.

Reaction Score
Awesome!!!! Tremendous season Huskies.Tomortow I head to Durham to watch my other team, my undergrad alma mater play Ohio State. Managing my expectations. But I will be thinking about UConn getting to the Frozen Four soon.

Reaction Score
Gonna wear my UConn men's away sweater from back in the day (under my green and gold Alpine Ski jacket) in honor of Coach MacKenzie's accomplishment winning the Coach of the Year Award. If you see a guy dressed like that in Durham today, please say hello.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom