Giff is our new | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Giff is our new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Giffey takes brimahs place. That racist story is getting legs. Look for yahoo to drop that bombshell soon.

In other new, I love this team.

Reaction Score
Giffey's inbounding has been questionable, but I have to be honest..Uconn's inbounding has been questionable since forever. All the other team has to do is pressure us for a bit and we'll struggle to get it in. Doesn't matter the player.

On the other side, just read this stat...UConn's Niels Giffey has 132.4 ORtg + 98.9 DRtg this season. Thats a 33.5 differential.

Thought we were a better team with him than without, didn't realize it was that huge.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Giff last night was very similar to Rashamel Jones in the '98 Big East Tournament when he played a ton of minutes at the four (Rash was a two) and continually out positioned and outmuscled Syracuse's frontcourt in the title game.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Giffey has gotten stronger, which helps, but yesterday he would not be denied....exactly what the team needed.

Reaction Score
Giffey has gotten stronger, which helps, but yesterday he would not be denied....exactly what the team needed.

Pinkston was getting real frustrated because Niels was not letting him push him around….fun to watch. Actually Pinkston made a stupid foul and was immediately taken about by Wright who saw the frustration……….

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Pinkston was getting real frustrated because Niels was not letting him push him around….fun to watch. Actually Pinkston made a stupid foul and was immediately taken about by Wright who saw the frustration……….

Pinkston was pretty much a non-factor in the second half.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I tend not to put too much stock in one game (we were oh so close to not playing last night) but Giffey last night made us look more like what I was seeing from lots of other tournament teams that UConn hadn't really had, and that is a guy who was busting his rear to get the rebounds. Whether that had more to do with Nova than just Giffey's effort, I guess we'll soon see, but it was fun to watch. Bazz is not to shabby a rebounder himself, which shows what positioning does for you.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Giffey was an absolute monster on the boards last night. Multiple times he just out willed Nova.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As valuable as Giffey has been to this team, I never expected that kind of game coming from him. Brilliant!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hard worker on defense & boards every game, Plus his offense. Great!

I can't think of anyone who didn't have a good night. Samual, Kromah, Boat, Bazz, Brimah, Daniels all were good! Proud Husky fan tonight!

Omar and Tyler were quiet.........................t

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
True. I guess, subconsciously, I wasn't counting them. Weird. I kept thinking about whether Nolan had a decent game.

Reaction Score
My girlfriend kept asking me why Niels was getting all the rebounds. I told her he wanted them the most. The kid can play and will have a nice pro career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom