Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bob, thanks. That explains waivers. But others posted Gibbs needed to finish exams & graduate before acting. I don't think that can be true.

Reaction Score
Bob, thanks. That explains waivers. But others posted Gibbs needed to finish exams & graduate before acting. I don't think that can be true.
That's just an attempt to rationalize why he hasn't committed yet for my own sanity. I'm sure Miller is in great academic standing, which is why that wasn't an issue. Maybe Gibbs isn't? All speculation until the bro does something UConn related.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Straight from that NBC Connecticut story: Gibbs was suspended two games for hitting Villanova's Ryan Arcidiacono in the face with his forearm.
"We didn't want to do this, but it was just a tough situation," Gibbs' father, Temple Gibbs, told the Asbury Park Press. "It was something he felt he had to do for his state of mind."
Huh. So he felt he had to punch the dude for his state of mind. That's some fine transition-free writing from NBC Connecticut

Reaction Score
Straight from that NBC Connecticut story: Gibbs was suspended two games for hitting Villanova's Ryan Arcidiacono in the face with his forearm.
"We didn't want to do this, but it was just a tough situation," Gibbs' father, Temple Gibbs, told the Asbury Park Press. "It was something he felt he had to do for his state of mind."
Huh. So he felt he had to punch the dude for his state of mind. That's some fine transition-free writing from NBC Connecticut

Funny how he talks about his state of mind. Is he perhaps trying to save face, or is a piece of Arcidiacono's face enough?

Reaction Score
I personally don't put any value into it but many on the BY do...so I'd like to inform the crowd that Gibbs most recent follow on Twitter is Pitt Forward Mike Young.

Reaction Score
lange10 said:
I personally don't put any value into it but many on the BY do...so I'd like to inform the crowd that Gibbs most recent follow on Twitter is Pitt Forward Mike Young.

Oh lord, this should put this thread into a panicked tailspin........

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Kinda like how Boeheim "plans on" coaching three more years...

Reaction Score
Yep, visits dates aren't set for the other schools either:

Are you basically implying that you don't think he'll ever even visit those schools since he's "planning on getting dates?"

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Visiting UConn next week. If he leaves campus without committing, I'll be surprised.

.... And the rest of the Yard would go into a tailspin

Reaction Score

and his most recent "Favorite" is this:

6298321292361728_zpspr4rifto.png

Reaction Score
Really think that Baylor, NC State & VCU are just fillers. Honestly, there is so much smoke around Gibbs and UConn, I would be shocked if he didn't commit on his visit next week:
  • Temple Gibbs unofficially visits UConn on March 21 with his family, and reports indicate Sterling was on campus, too.
  • Rumblings that Gibbs will transfer and UConn is the favorite weeks before he announces his transfer.
  • Shonn Miller commits to UConn, follows the entire UConn team on Twitter and Sterling Gibbs.
  • Gibbs announces he will transfer, and some in CBB media verify what some on here had heard: UConn is the favorite. They also say that Ohio State may be involved, too.
  • A few days after announcing his transfer, 247 and NBC run stories that Gibbs has committed to UConn and even though Gibbs refutes those stories, both media outlets stick with their stories and don't take them down.
  • Gibbs sets up visits to Pittsburgh, where his brother Ashton played, and Ohio State, the other perceived favorite when he first announced his transfer.
  • While on his visit to Pittsburgh, Gibbs tells multiple media outlets he has cut his list and will visit UConn next week.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Really think that Baylor, NC State & VCU are just fillers. Honestly, there is so much smoke around Gibbs and UConn, I would be shocked if he didn't commit on his visit next week:
  • Temple Gibbs unofficially visits UConn on March 21 with his family, and reports indicate Sterling was on campus, too.
  • Rumblings that Gibbs will transfer and UConn is the favorite weeks before he announces his transfer.
  • Shonn Miller commits to UConn, follows the entire UConn team on Twitter and Sterling Gibbs.
  • Gibbs announces he will transfer, and some in CBB media verify what some on here had heard: UConn is the favorite. They also say that Ohio State may be involved, too.
  • A few days after announcing his transfer, 247 and NBC run stories that Gibbs has committed to UConn and even though Gibbs refutes those stories, both media outlets stick with their stories and don't take them down.
  • Gibbs sets up visits to Pittsburgh, where his brother Ashton played, and Ohio State, the other perceived favorite when he first announced his transfer.
  • While on his visit to Pittsburgh, Gibbs tells multiple media outlets he has cut his list and will visit UConn next week.
Quack

Reaction Score

For good measure, you can add Ollie saying that "a couple" of commitments were close not too long ago. Plus the rumblings of Calhoun almost spilling the beans the other night.

Reaction Score
Drops mic!

Reaction Score
Quack
Thought you were calling me crazy, then remembered that you had the whole duck theory, then realized you're probably referencing that and calling me crazy all at once. Job well done.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
For good measure, you can add Ollie saying that "a couple" of commitments were close not too long ago. Plus the rumblings of Calhoun almost spilling the beans the other night.
Did I miss something? What did Calhoun rumble about the other night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom