Giacone to BC - ugh | The Boneyard

Giacone to BC - ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Not a bad place for a TE to end up, alas...

Reaction Score
Not a bad place for a TE to end up, alas...

Interesting to note that it was Giacone's HS coach at St. Peter's Prep who came out in favor of RU going with Flood. Reason being, that they would be able to keep more NJ boys home! lol And naturally, it's his own player who ends up being the first official defection after the Flood selection!

Reaction Score
Interesting to note that it was Giacone's HS coach at St. Peter's Prep who came out in favor of RU going with Flood. Reason being, that they would be able to keep more NJ boys home! lol And naturally, it's his own player who ends up being the first official defection after the Flood selection!

Exactly right. I love the HS coaches weighing on on these hires/endorsing a "next" head coach, and the AD's who are so easily influenced by them. End of the day, any school needs to bring in a guy who wins games, graduate his players, and can sell the program. The the local kids will come. Pernetti sacrificed taking his time and hiring the best coach to lead Rutgers for years to come, to trying to salvage one recruiting class (who was at risk to lose 4 or 5 kids at best) and cow tow to the top HS coaches. Rutgers fans wanted Flood fired a couple years ago, and now they have him running the show. God luck with that.

Now, to continue to beat FDNY's drum, PP needs to go hire RU's WR and/or DB coach, whichever has the best relationships in NJ. The door is wide open.

Reaction Score
Frank needs more help than getting a second TE in this class!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
His family shouldn't have any problems getting good seats to see him play his home games!:)

Reaction Score

The St Peter s coach can love Flood all he wants to, but i reality he has ZERO say where the kid signs. High school Coaches might think they have influence, reality its a choice the kid and his parents make, not some typing teacher.

Reaction Score
The St Peter s coach can love Flood all he wants to, but i reality he has ZERO say where the kid signs. High school Coaches might think they have influence, reality its a choice the kid and his parents make, not some typing teacher.

Well in certain cases you may be right, but in others, your statement is completely wrong! Take Don Bosco Prep in NJ for example. The school had sent some players to RU in the past, such as highly rated QB Mike Teel in 2004. Then later on, in 2004-05, Schiano had a falling out with the Don Bosco coach. Mysteriously, the pipeline to RU went dry! There were NO DB Prep players going to RU over the next SIX years...none!!! And DBP is a football player factory!!

So then last year Jeff Hafley comes on board with RU. He had a relationship w/ the coach at DBP and success recruiting his players while at Pitt). Amazingly, the DBP players started taking an interest in RU once again! In fact two signed LOIs to play at RU in Hafley's first year there. They have another, Leonte Carroo (4*), coming this year and possibly Darius Hamilton (5*) as well. So HS coaches CAN have influence with their players' college selection and in fact DO help them decide. It's crazy to think that these guys, whom the players respect greatly, don't have influence!

Reaction Score
He almost saves their recruiting class....almost.

Almost forgot, Giacone (3*) doesn't really even replace Akeel Lynch (4*), who de-comitted earlier from BC. It just makes for a nice ending to their "story".

Reaction Score

You couldn't be more wrong.

Reaction Score
You couldn't be more wrong.

Oh really?!?!

When i was recruited out of high school(not a big recruit)i had 10ish offers. My high school coach was a great guy, actually coaches college football now. He suggested college X more than a few times, and my father told him in crystal clear terms, this is not your decision.

College football is not basketball, AAU coaches are a non factor.

Reaction Score
Almost forgot, Giacone (3*) doesn't really even replace Akeel Lynch (4*), who de-comitted earlier from BC. It just makes for a nice ending to their "story".

Why would you morons even start a thread about this. Giacone was NEVER going to yukon. The saddest part of all this delusion, is even this BC class, arguably one of the weakest in years, is still MILES AHEAD OF sueconns. I dont know if I have ever seen a group of people more excited about such a garbage class, its really amusing. Only a few more years untill Navy starts dominating your 2* talent and sends you back to the FCS, enjoy the bottom of the BE while it lasts, hopefully the Patriot League throws you a bone. KEEP EM IN STATE PAWLLLLLL, BAHAHAHHA, maybe next year, oh wait BC is already 1/1 on taking the best talent in CT for 2013. Did any of this years "great yukon class" have other BCS offers ?

Reaction Score
Bob..can you get me copies of your past BCS bowl tickets? Oh wait....never mind.....

Your use of the old Yukon, suecon words just shows how young and imature you are.

Thank you for your interest in UConn football

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bob the village idiot is back. your right bob, while uconn brings in a couple 3* qbs and a 3*rb, bc was busy going back to back classes without touching skill spots. how bad is it up there hugh? you had a te leave for ok last week. its so bad up there that OK already has a couple te's(including 1 of ours) and he still would rather go there. you had a local kids dc from his dream come true to run track down the street. lynch dc so that he could go check out sanduskys lockerroom. and so on. whats the name of the kid you brought in this weekend? what offers did he have and how many stars? your not a troll, just a idiot. enjoy looking up at duke in every sport you play cept puck. i'm sure thats what the boston mk loves to see. what happen this year? all of the recruits in the world couldn't get by your harvard times 5 admissions? must be becuase you guys are still praying that daniles can read just enough so that the mapquest directions can get him 1 hour east. f off bob. go do some reading up on your mess, dont hate on our growth.

Reaction Score
Why would you morons even start a thread about this. Giacone was NEVER going to yukon. The saddest part of all this delusion, is even this BC class, arguably one of the weakest in years, is still MILES AHEAD OF sueconns. I dont know if I have ever seen a group of people more excited about such a ****ty garbage class, its really amusing. Only a few more years untill Navy starts dominating your 2* talent and sends you back to the FCS, enjoy the bottom of the BE while it lasts, hopefully the Patriot League throws you a bone. KEEP EM IN STATE PAWLLLLLL, BAHAHAHHA, maybe next year, oh wait BC is already 1/1 on taking the best talent in CT for 2013. Did any of this years "great yukon class" have other BCS offers ?

I guess the Eagles really ARE soaring aren't they? All you have to do is look at what BC fans are saying to have it proven!

This first guy doesn't even mention the other three de-committs of Grant, Henry and McShea! So I guess BC recruiting truly is going very well!
Pollard committed to PSU, not BC. Grant is gone. Lynch is looking like a decommit as well, (which he ended up being) and if Smith can get an offer from Oklahoma when he goes for an official visit, (which he did and committed to OK, not BC) we’re looking at one of the shittiest recruiting classes ever this year.
Kinda ridiculous when Spaz and GDF were pumping up this class as being his “best ever” because they’ve had so much time to recruit these kids. Unfortunately, the more they see of Spaz, the less they want to be here.
Started a long time ago.
Been posting this same message on many threads here—— and also, on a defunct BC site and the Globe since last October and since the Jags blunder ——- that the sad rumor the parents of talented high school stars were wondering why BC choose the Spazoo loser and when they called BC and spoke with GDF, the parents were not satisfied with BC and GDF, Spazoo and the direction of the program!
Worse…the weak and lame responses to the parents spread into the BC recruiting zones and kids on social media
— and now BC is COOKED with this arrogant athletic director, loser Head Coach and entire operation that changes offensive coordinators like underwear.
Some parents even called GDF’s superior!!, (Yup Father Leahy), and the weaker BC Trustees and asked not if, but when Spazoo would be fired and who would be the new Coach!
Kids talk even from different areas of the country and so do the parents. It’s a wild social media world and word is out….
BOSTON COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS A CLOWNSHOES PROGRAM!
The GDF/Spazoo slide from mediocrity into malaise hell went from 3 poor classes into one of the worst ever and worst ever ranked at BC and my prediction they both would be fired may have been one year early, but the talent and skilled position talent is not coming to BC.
Time to start the Spazoo Excuse Train.
What’s it gonna be this time?
Yup. let’s blame Jags again….LMAO!
…..BC can’t blame academic requirements…Stanford, TCU, ND, Virginia, Vanderbilt, Northwestern…..they are having great recruiting years….
The Gene DeFilippo immature, juvenile temper fit with Jags and his monumental disaster level blunder firing has now spun BC Football into the third tier of BCS teams.
Like I end a lot of my posts…
THE WORST IS YET TO COME.
Oh I forgot, Spazoo is the best Coach in 16 years and what the fans think doesn’t matter.
With that schedule, it will be a miracle if BC wins 5.
You're right about one thing though, the BC program was superior to ours in recruiting.... in past years. According to Scout, you had 2, 4*s in 2010, 1 in 2011, and none this year. You had 11, 3*s in 2010, 16 in 2011 and 11 this season. That compares to our 6 in 2010, 8 in 2011 and 11 this year. Wait.... we have the same number of 3* recruits? How can that be? Especially when we're supposed to be fighting for our very survival and you're sitting back wondering when you'll get to hear Gene's next glowing "State of the Program" address! Of course, he'll have to wait for ESPN's input first! LOL​

Reaction Score
Don't forget guys one of their past 4*/5* players will be lining up at WR for us this season...Shakim Phillips was one of he bet wr's in the country his Sr year in HS.

Reaction Score
Why would you morons even start a thread about this. Giacone was NEVER going to yukon. The saddest part of all this delusion, is even this BC class, arguably one of the weakest in years, is still MILES AHEAD OF sueconns. I dont know if I have ever seen a group of people more excited about such a ****ty garbage class, its really amusing. Only a few more years untill Navy starts dominating your 2* talent and sends you back to the FCS, enjoy the bottom of the BE while it lasts, hopefully the Patriot League throws you a bone. KEEP EM IN STATE PAWLLLLLL, BAHAHAHHA, maybe next year, oh wait BC is already 1/1 on taking the best talent in CT for 2013. Did any of this years "great yukon class" have other BCS offers ?

Your mother trolls harder than you do.

Reaction Score
Well in certain cases you may be right, but in others, your statement is completely wrong! Take Don Bosco Prep in NJ for example. The school had sent some players to RU in the past, such as highly rated QB Mike Teel in 2004. Then later on, in 2004-05, Schiano had a falling out with the Don Bosco coach. Mysteriously, the pipeline to RU went dry! There were NO DB Prep players going to RU over the next SIX years...none!!! And DBP is a football player factory!!

So then last year Jeff Hafley comes on board with RU. He had a relationship w/ the coach at DBP and success recruiting his players while at Pitt). Amazingly, the DBP players started taking an interest in RU once again! In fact two signed LOIs to play at RU in Hafley's first year there. They have another, Leonte Carroo (4*), coming this year and possibly Darius Hamilton (5*) as well. So HS coaches CAN have influence with their players' college selection and in fact DO help them decide. It's crazy to think that these guys, whom the players respect greatly, don't have influence!

Where are you getting this info from????

Reaction Score
Where are you getting this info from????

Some of it was from Scout, some was from a Rutgers coaches site, some was from last year when Rutgers announced the hiring of the three Pitt assistants, including Hafley. I can't be sure on the exact source I used at that time, but I'm pretty sure it was the Newark Star Ledger. That paper has a lot of great articles regarding Rutgers. Seems like you've solved the Don Bosco pipeline issue now though! Congrats on a quality recruiting class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom