Getting Whackier: Several basketball schools want Pitt and SU gone right away | The Boneyard

Getting Whackier: Several basketball schools want Pitt and SU gone right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because there will be too many good programs in the BE, stealing the limelight from bottomfeeders SHU and PC. You know the saddest thing? This is a real article.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...big-east-members-want-pitt-syracuse-gone-soon

"There was room for a record 11 teams to earn NCAA Tournament bids last season, but the presence of Hall of Fame coaches Jim Boeheim and Jim Calhoun at the top of the league and the heavy concentration of elite teams has made it difficult for many league members to gain the necessary media attention to improve their programs through recruiting."

Reaction Score
If even remotely true......the fact that the bottom feeder basketball onlies may exert any influence on this whatsoever is cause for concern.

Get me the hell out of this league.

Reaction Score
I'm about to go sit in my bathtub with my Santa Claus suit on, eat some cheetos, sit back and pretend I'm a gopher drilling up marinatto's ass cuz this bizarro world coming out of Providence is just. too. much.

Reaction Score
And people think the Big East will be a major conference without the football schools...that is the kind of thinking that drives nad has been driving the basketball schools for some time now.

Reaction Score
I'm about to go sit in my bathtub with my Santa Claus suit on, eat some cheetos, sit back and pretend I'm a gopher drilling up marinatto's ass cuz this bizarro world coming out of Providence is just. too. much.

All you need now is a hair dryer.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Or a toaster...

bill-murray-toaster.jpg

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
do we still get the Gator Bowl?

Reaction Score
We really have to split now, for a number of reasons. But I don't blame the onlies one bit. They don't need this. They should just move on, and that is absolutely in their best interest. There have been posts on other boards on how out of touch some of the Jebbies/Franciscans are at some of these schools. They really believe they are equal partners. They're just caught up in an anachronism that they can't escape, it's not their fault. And Marinatto, former alter boy, is helpless to resist them, and that's not his fault either - he's their commissioner too. But it's just another reason we can't co-exist. Co-existence is starting to cost real money.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
do we still get the Gator Bowl?
Umm... we haven't had the Gator for a year or so.... it's the Champ's Sports Bowl now... and actually neither 'Cuse or Pitt traveled particularly well... I think we're actually okay as far as that goes. Bowls don't matter in the least anymore as far as conference realignment goes.

Reaction Score
We really have to split now, for a number of reasons. But I don't blame the onlies one bit. They don't need this. They should just move on, and that is absolutely in their best interest. There have been posts on other boards on how out of touch some of the Jebbies/Franciscans are at some of these schools. They really believe they are equal partners. They're just caught up in an anachronism that they can't escape, it's not their fault. And Marinatto, former alter boy, is helpless to resist them, and that's not his fault either - he's their commissioner too. But it's just another reason we can't co-exist. Co-existence is starting to cost real money.

how has co-existance cost us anything? what move do you really think we would have made without the baggage of the bball only schools? i keep hearing people say that they're preventing us from growing, but nobody's named a single time that actually happened. i have a hard time believing we'd make more money without the BE tourney than with it.

Reaction Score
Because there will be too many good programs in the BE, stealing the limelight from bottomfeeders SHU and PC. You know the saddest thing? This is a real article.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...big-east-members-want-pitt-syracuse-gone-soon

"There was room for a record 11 teams to earn NCAA Tournament bids last season, but the presence of Hall of Fame coaches Jim Boeheim and Jim Calhoun at the top of the league and the heavy concentration of elite teams has made it difficult for many league members to gain the necessary media attention to improve their programs through recruiting."

Runner, that last part cracks me up. Yes, its the fault of 2 hall of fame coaches that those teams suck and cant rectuit. :rolleyes:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Umm... we haven't had the Gator for a year or so.... it's the Champ's Sports Bowl now... and actually neither 'Cuse or Pitt traveled particularly well... I think we're actually okay as far as that goes. Bowls don't matter in the least anymore as far as conference realignment goes.
I was kidding

Reaction Score
What is going to be very interesting is how the league treats Syrapitt's lame duck status. I suspect the UConn football games this fall could get unpleasant. Not to mention the fan reaction at UConn's home basketball games.

Reaction Score
I would hope that their scheduling next season is horrendous. Lots road trips...maybe a Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday type of scheudle somewhere along the line...and no "good" Big East Home basketball games...lots of home cookin' with Rutgers, Seton Hall, DePaul, PC...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What is going to be very interesting is how the league treats Syrapitt's lame duck status. I suspect the UConn football games this fall could get unpleasant. Not to mention the fan reaction at UConn's home basketball games.
Maybe, but i don't see it anything like when BCU left. i mean let's face it - wouldn't we rather be in Pitt's or Syracuse's shoes at this point? i know i'd much rather be in the ACC right now. get us the hell out of the BE ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom