getting to the next level? | The Boneyard

getting to the next level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of people on this board talk about how the players quit on the coaches. I agree with you guys. But if any of those players have any idea what "quitting" on the coach does for them in the future is crazy. The NFL tapes every single college game played. If a guy has a fringe chance of making the NFL like a guy like Shamar Stephen (not saying he quit just using him as an example) quit on the team because of the coaches. Chances are he will NEVER be drafted. The NFL doesn't want to see players quitting on a team because they don't like the coaches, play calling, where they are on depth chart etc. If our guys had ANY idea how quitting on the team would effect them, they probably wouldn't have put in such a piss poor HEARTLESS performance like the other day. I re-watched the game on ESPN3 and I would say 75% of the team or more pure quit. We had guys who wouldn't block down field when it could have got us an extra 5 yards. Other guys standing around watching his teammates getting pushed down field by the ball carrier. People not knowing where to line up, all sorts of confusion. The offensive line was a disaster (No this is not on George.) If you are a lineman you need to have a hunger and attitude. Our 0/dline has neither of those. You have to want to beat the out of your opponent. We don't have that on our team. The point of this post is quitting on the team did ALOT more then just hurting your record, your ex coaches, and your fellow brothers. It hurts your NFL chances which im sure is EVERY players goal on UConn. #Bleedblue#SHOWheart#GOHUSKIES

Reaction Score
Worst part of the that performance was that it was so bad, that the players who continued to play hard stuck out like sore thumbs. Tymeer Brown played harddd and stood out as did Yawin and Byrjon Jones and Max Delorenzo. The effort from those guys jumped out at you.

That said, our opening possession was so bad. I will bet anything the Buffalo coaches told their players we stuff on first down, stuff them on second down, and we will get a turnover on third down. If our players listened to their players and jump up and down screaming "just like we told you" that is incredibly disheartning when you just don't believe your leader is capable of putting together a capable game plan.

Not excusing the effort, but as a coach you must always have your players convinced that your game plan, combined with their best effort will give them a chance to win. These players just didn't believe in the P and Deleone tandem. It was painfully obvious watching that performance. After the big gainer to Deshonn Foxx, we ran the ball on the next two play and settled for a FG. You saw the air come out of the balloon right there and then.

Reaction Score
Not sure how many besides a couple receivers in this group are going anyways but hopefully that's water under the bridge and they will start playing like they did most of the game vs Michigan. I feel a little bad for Whitmer, if he could have had better protection he might have turned into a pretty decent QB, now his confidence is most likely shot being replaced by a true freshman. I don't think Whitmer gave up on the team.... he didn't have enough time to between sacks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure how many besides a couple receivers in this group are going anyways but hopefully that's water under the bridge and they will start playing like they did most of the game vs Michigan. I feel a little bad for Whitmer, if he could have had better protection he might have turned into a pretty decent QB, now his confidence is most likely shot being replaced by a true freshman. I don't think Whitmer gave up on the team.... he didn't have enough time to between sacks.

You are posting for comedy at this point right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom