OT: - Georgetown names Darnell Haney head coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Georgetown names Darnell Haney head coach

Reaction Score
Guys, I just don’t know if this is a done deal. Georgetown, like most universities, has a hiring process that would usually entail assembling a committee to undertake a nationwide search, bring in the top candidates for interviews and then make a selection. I suppose it’s possible that the AD has been authorized to circumvent this process, but that would be surprising.

As much as Darnell Haney is deserving of being named the permanent HC, we are talking about the highest profile women’s sport at the university, at a time when almost every new HC job in WBB is being filled by a woman.

Right down the road at William & Mary is Assistant WBB Coach Sugar Rodgers. Rodgers was a star at Georgetown before playing 8 years or so in the WNBA. After her playing days were over, she got into coaching, 1st with the LV Aces, then a year at Georgetown and for the last 2 seasons at W&M.
olddude- - - I think Georgetown AD Lee Reed used the wrong words to tell of the hiring! In discussion.......
I take it to mean "we hired Darnell Haney as HC but are negotiating his salary and length of term!"

Reaction Score
Good move by Georgetown. Coach did a wonderful job this season during, what I am sure was emotional for everyone around the Hoya WBB program. Best wishes, Coach Haney. Keep up the great work.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
olddude- - - I think Georgetown AD Lee Reed used the wrong words to tell of the hiring! In discussion.......
I take it to mean "we hired Darnell Haney as HC but are negotiating his salary and length of term!"
I really hope you’re right.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jeepers, OD…

C0EAD3BE-E816-4F3B-97F1-E1C6A717635F.jpeg

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, I'm happy to see Georgetown's hiring of Darnell Haney as head coach. He seems to be a great leader who brings out the best in his players. They hard work in the classroom and on the court, they allow time for meaningful get togethers, and they are involved in their communities. Congrats Georgetown!

Reaction Score
Excellent win for Georgetown over UW from the mighty Pac-12. Kelsey Ransom led with 28 points.

Washington had wins over USC, Oregon State, Colorado and Arizona this season.

Yea for Georgetown!! Yea for the Big East!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom