GENUINELY touched by Coach Auriemmea's comments... | The Boneyard

GENUINELY touched by Coach Auriemmea's comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Y'all... thank you for your classy comments and respect. If anyone's comments moved me, it was your kind Coach's. What a brilliant coach, man and representative of UCONN.

I teared up when Geno came to hug her after she was diagnosed, such a lovely classy thing to do... everything about this is bittersweet and humbling.

Geno is a good man and his comments were lovely. A great, fine man.

God bless you all and thank you so much for... bringing it all back to Earth. It's just a game and these human beings made amazing things happen. We are all so lucky to have them lead our kids.

yer pal,
VOLveeta

Reaction Score
Y'all... thank you for your classy comments and respect. If anyone's comments moved me, it was your kind Coach's. What a brilliant coach, man and representative of UCONN.

I teared up when Geno came to hug her after she was diagnosed, such a lovely classy thing to do... everything about this is bittersweet and humbling.

God bless you all and thank you so much for... bringing it all back to Earth. It's just a game and these human beings made amazing things happen. We are all so lucky to have them lead our kids.

yer pal,
VOLveeta
Thank you. Condolences. Welcome to our corner. Hope to see you again.

Reaction Score

yer pal,
VOLveeta

Beautifully said. Yes, it's just a game when all is said and done and we all recognize that.

We can't and shouldn't skirt the issue of the tremendous rivalry that existed between Pat and Geno. That's what happens when two ultra competitive people collide in their chosen sport. But the intense respect was always there and I'm thankful that their relationship ultimately transcended that rivalry. Yes, Geno is a good man and Pat was an amazing, amazing coach and woman. She touched the lives of so many.

Reaction Score
Thanks for stopping by Volveeta. I was driving across the entire length of Kansas today, listening to ESPN and other sports channels. My eyes filled with tears several times as various guests talked about what Pat meant to them and the Tennessee program. She was 100% genuine, filled with grit, guts, smarts, and total determination. What a lady and person, gone unfortunately before her time, but many people are deeply fortunate for having known her, showing how life should be lived and enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom