Geno's Comment About Azura and Batouly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno's Comment About Azura and Batouly

Reaction Score
I thought it was a reference to a transfer.
I was referencing her potentially leaving for the WNBA when she (presumably) finishes her bachelor's next year. Is that above board?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was referencing her potentially leaving for the WNBA when she (presumably) finishes her bachelor's next year. Is that above board?
That's fine.

Reaction Score
Could be one of Geno's toughest coaching challenges next year.

Tough? Geno is going to love next year. The second anyone slips to 99% effort, she sits on the bench for a long time. Gonna be a tough transition for the frosh -- the assistants are going to be the ones with the tough challenge.

Reaction Score
I remember Heather's defense on Brittney Griner helping defeat #1 Baylor!
Remember that and wondered why she didn't do that more often. Thought she earned more time that game at least.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doubts Geno's appraisal of Z should recall her numbers last year (when she wasn't in UConn condition mentally or physically):

Stevens was the leading scorer and rebounder as a sophomore for a Duke team that went 20-12 but missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1994. She averaged 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds. She led the Blue Devils in blocks (53) and field goal percentage (53.5). Despite missing seven games she was third on the team in minutes played (781).

Azura Stevens: 5 Things To Know About UConn Women's Newest Player

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Buck had the redshirt year and then the stress fracture that sabotaged her first year back. I think the same thing happened to Ekmark .... she dropped out of basketball her senior year in high school and then had her own stress reaction problems .... you can't just miss almost two years of basketball and expect to return at a high level.
Ekmark never dropped out of basketball. She home schooled her senior year so that she spend more time on basketball to prepare for playing at Connecticut. I've wondered whether it ended up hurting her, but it was done out of commitment to be the best player she could be. I have a lot of respect for that regardless of whether it ended up being the right decision.

Reaction Score
Is that a good or bad thing?

JoePgh: Then, with an unmistakable twinkle in his eye, he said, "They (Azura & Batouly) are going to be really, really good."

vowelguy: He said something similar about Heather Buck.

hoophuskee: He did? I don't recall that.

vowelguy: "I just feel that watching her in practice, this kid (Heather) is going to be really, really hard to play against,” Auriemma said this week.

JoePgh: He certainly never said anything like that about Natalie Butler, as far as I can recall.

Cocohusky: So I think she's (Natalie) got a chance to really, really have a huge impact on our program." Geno

:D:D:D

Reaction Score
I thought his remarks about the transfers were interesting in that he implied or said directly that they are not being critiqued in practice the same way they will be next year.

I guess I thought that everyone on the floor would come in for the same kind of butt-kicking, no matter their eligibility status.
It is hard to believe---that EVERY player is not Gauged by the same sets of eyes and adjustment are made to the rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom