Geno Signs Five-Year Extension | The Boneyard

Geno Signs Five-Year Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Now we can relax about any rumors. Not that they were worth listening to anyway.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That is great news indeed. Side note - we never hear (at least I have not read) about CD's contract. Does hers mirror Geno's? Is it for the same time frame?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Now we can relax about any rumors. Not that they were worth listening to anyway.
What?!?!? You haven't heard that he is considering pulling a Michael Jordan and becoming a baseball coach in 2019? I got that from reliable sources. We're going to lose him to the girls of summer. Or is it softball? Either way, I know it's a very distinct probable possibility.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
When you consider the tax ramifications of living in CT, I'm surprised that Geno hasn't seriously considered another opportunity in more Tax Friendly States. Sure he's rich enough and gets compensated enough that taxes are not a burden, but still what he pays must be a substantial amount or he's got great lawyers. :) Also besides the financial implications, the constant pressure of always meeting expectations that are unrealistic must also get tiresome.

However, I'm glad Geno did sign his extension as he is the best coach in WBB:) UConn could not afford to lose him as a coach with the demise of the Big East.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The only thing that's mildly surprising to me is the relatively small emphaisis on bonuses that apply to winning various things - conference titles, Sweet 16, FF, NC etc. These are calculated using # of months out of the annual base salary, which is "only" $400K. Example: winning the NC gets him a 2-month bonus, which is about $67K. Not much on a total expected comp package of $2 mil.

Then again, I guess they looked at his trophy room and figured he was already well-motivated.....

:p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
President Herbst gets it:

"Geno Auriemma has developed the University of Connecticut women's basketball team into one of the most beloved college athletic programs in the country in any sport," said UConn President Susan Herbst. "I am very pleased that he has signed a new contract, which shows his strong commitment and belief to our University and its Division of Athletics. It is people like Geno who have helped make UConn a strong and vibrant university, one which will continue to grow and excel even more in the future."

Not just a successful program, a "beloved" one. We are very, very fortunate.

Congrats on a well-deserved contract, Coach!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/UConn-salaries-806853.php

According to the above Ct Post Uconn Salary Database, Chris Dailey made $190,080 in 2010.

But that may not include her total compensation. Geno's salary in that database is $350,000 and we know he makes north of $1 million. So apparently "institutional speaking engagements and media related appearances" are not included in the $190K. And I assume she has some of those as well.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
When you consider the tax ramifications of living in CT, I'm surprised that Geno hasn't seriously considered another opportunity in more Tax Friendly States.

I was not aware of any coaching opportunities in the Cayman Islands.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, they obviously are responding to my thread of a week or two ago. :)

Reaction Score
Not a surprise but… good for us bad for the rest of the NCAA. I think this will help with recruitment for the next few years as well

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
But that may not include her total compensation. Geno's salary in that database is $350,000 and we know he makes north of $1 million. So apparently "institutional speaking engagements and media related appearances" are not included in the $190K. And I assume she has some of those as well.

For some reason, the number $400K sticks in my mind as a total comp number that people have talked about in the past for CD. Not sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom