Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Calipari is a real goofball. He seems like a 12 year old on a sugar high. He doesnt let Geno finish his sentences and tries to
say what Geno will say and usually gets it wrong.

Not much new on the basketball side but I found his US citizenship discussion interesting.

Reaction Score
Listening now, so thanks, Rocky. Gotta say: Calipari's voice makes my skin crawl. As they used to say about Nixon: how do you know when he's lying? when you see his lips moving.....Well, I can't see his lips moving on the podcast, but I can imagine....

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Three takeaways for me:

1. Story of a nun objecting to him being hired at DePaul before he took the UConn job.
2. Cal intimating that UConn tried to get Geno to coach the Husky men at one point.
3. Story that Geno was on the cusp of leaving 10 years ago (including assembling a staff) until one of his daughters talked him out of it.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that, and what came across is they both enjoyed it as well.

One added bit to bschwartzv list:
4. When Cal was on his undefeated run he called Geno to get some insight on how to keep the team focused and lower the pressure that was building - thought it was an interesting tidbit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I do think Cal near the end, when he talks Geno's legacy, gets it right. Genos legacy is to put WCBB on the map of sport. Sure, for us, it will be his trophy case and Genoisms and the whole personality; but, for America, it is his unique ability to project WCBB onto the national sports scene.

Reaction Score
Here's a direct link to soundcloud:

Which university was he going to go to? Anyone know?

Had no idea that he had decided to bail on UConn. Who wanted him to coach men?

And was that correct that they wanted him to coach the UConn men? When would that have been?

Reaction Score
And was that correct that they wanted him to coach the UConn men? When would that have been?

Must have been when Calhoun stepped down. Instead UConn decided to give Ollie the job and now the men's team is an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom