Geno dishes on 2014-15 squad; Tuck and Williams @ 100% for first practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno dishes on 2014-15 squad; Tuck and Williams @ 100% for first practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry to throw even a drop of ice water on the above joviality (including mine).
but Jeff's quotes are (more) than a wee bit less definitive then the thread head

Tuck: "could be cleared to go"
Williams: "and I would expect that by the time practice starts that she is going to be ready to do (everything)."

More than a little wiggle room there.

eeyore61_5881.jpg

Reaction Score
Well, pass me a sip of that rainwater then.................

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Time to break out the Wild Turkey - 101 proof of course!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Time to break out the Wild Turkey - 101 proof of course!!!!!!!

Is it just me , or is there a drinking problem on the Boneyard? Or should I just say that that the Boneyarders have no problem drinking? I guess I'll have to join you.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is it just me , or is there a drinking problem on the Boneyard? Or should I just say that that the Boneyarders have no problem drinking? I guess I'll have to join you.
Yes, but look at the quality involved.

Reaction Score

As a wise friend once told me "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy".

Reaction Score
Everybody has to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

G

genosguy

Both "stories" maybe 3, The bit on Stokes was consistent with my beliefs of her. She rebounds, defends, passes all exceptionally well and Geno speaks of her hitting from the outside in practice--she actually did that in a couple of games her Soph or Jr years. She has a dad and brother that have helped her become a WBB player--so I expected she'd come from home with a lot more thoughts of scoring.
Tuck I've watched her old games too--the ND game as a Freshman she was, as usual, quiet but scored, rebounded, handled the point, and was not Muffet's normal Freshman target. Williams (Gabby) Geno says is coming along well and will be practicing in Sept. He was almost glowing with accolades for Nurse--seems he thinks she has a Soph approach now. Hope most of this is true and comes to pass.
I'm a bit miffed that KML didn't get the USA team invite--but maybe this will work to Uconn advantage. Steff, the heart and soul of Uconn past Geno misses her bright smile, so do I.

G

genosguy

Drinking is only a problem if you can't posttttttttttttt!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be sad at all to see these kids brought along REALLY slowly. Yes I know we lost Dolson to graduation, but I don't think we need Tuck or Williams to win the NC, never mind all of the games in the regular season.

I realize that our practices are harder than the games, but I'd rather see them brought along really slowly so as to avoid the possibility of re-injuring anything. Still, I'm super happy to hear they are progressing and am really crossing my fingers for a fully healthy season. It seems we get snake bitten by injuries more often than not. Be safe ladies!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I've seen it said about both Chatham, MA, and Noank, CT, that they are a "drinking town with a boating problem". Well, the Boneyard is a "drinking board with a posting problem"!:D

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
As reported, a very enigmatic statement.
I have no idea what it means and we'll probably never know.
Too bad Jim didn't follow it up.
Maybe he did…Maybe he declined to write it up.
I think that excludes the possibilities.
In the final analysis, does it really matter why she left. The fact that she's gone and she seems happy and Geno is cool with it should be enough for everyone. No further details are necessary.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
In the final analysis, does it really matter why she left. The fact that she's gone and she seems happy and Geno is cool with it should be enough for everyone. No further details are necessary.

Sorry Daddy, correct thread.

I didn't bring the subject up.
Geno and Jim did.
When Jim printed what he did, it was natural for some folks to scratch heads, and several did.

Geno seemingly went further than the usual platitudes necessary
which would have elicited no comment on the 'yard, especially in the light of the more positives aspects of the main story.
Then: a few yarder's commented or speculated.
I didn't.
But did list the options as to why the whole story was left hanging (probably no story at all).

For this I'm taking heat?
I suppose my reputation precedes me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For this I'm taking heat?
That was heat?

That wasn't even lukewarm. We need doggydaddy around here to bring the hammer down. Not on you specifically, just in general, this place to getting to touchy feely. I guess that come with..

Winning.jpg

Reaction Score
Really your own?
I make some 50 or so gallons per year.
My best friend makes it. About 1700 bottles and counting. Not counting the dozen demijohns.

Italians don't play.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99