Geno Being Geno ...Again | The Boneyard

Geno Being Geno ...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yesterday, ESPN's Mike Greenberg was going on about Coach K's record (and this is reasonable), at one point summing the 5 NCAA wins and the three gold medal wins to make an even more impressive total of 8. So, what did Greenie say about Geno's total? A total of 13? Nothing, of course. But this morning, he did mention UConn women, once again dredging up the bit about too much dominance not being "good for the game."

He also did, predictably, rattle on at length about a former Northwestern grad being installed (for the moment) as Denver's starting QB. And this is a good illustration of the mountain that WCBB still has to climb. A guy who has NEVER won a NFL game, and was only somewhat better-than-average in college gets 15 minutes of mad props, but the all-time greatest women's BB program and coach gets a slap in the face.

I enjoy Mike & Mike, but their parochialism gets tedious at times.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Mike Gre... is a total tool, stat nerd, spent HS years stuffed in a locker and so he exudes the fake sports jock testosterone, afraid someone will recognize him and stuff him back in the locker. Golic, real jock, appreciates the hell out of Geo and UConn because he knows the incredible difficulty of maintaining sports excellence at the highest level. I seen him repeatedly throw Geno and UConn into a conversation about dominance, in season and out. The twerp on the left side of the screen, you can write him off. Golic I'd share Brats with anytime.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What is Mike and Mike? Never heard if it.:D

Mike & Mike is a daily (Mon - Fri) television program shown on ESPN. The show airs form 6:00 am to 10 am EST. The two hosts are Michael Greenberg & Michael Golic.........hence the show's name: Mike & Mike.

They discuss various sports news topics and have in-studio guest drop in daily. They've been doing the show for 16 years.

Reaction Score
Mike Gre... is a total tool, stat nerd, spent HS years stuffed in a locker and so he exudes the fake sports jock testosterone, afraid someone will recognize him and stuff him back in the locker. Golic, real jock, appreciates the hell out of Geo and UConn because he knows the incredible difficulty of maintaining sports excellence at the highest level. I seen him repeatedly throw Geno and UConn into a conversation about dominance, in season and out. The twerp on the left side of the screen, you can write him off. Golic I'd share Brats with anytime.
Hilarious description of Mike Greenberg- I so agree!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

You nailed it, Rocky! And if you're buying the brats for Golic, I'll bring the donuts. He's the only adult on that show.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, ESPN's Mike Greenberg was going on about Coach K's record (and this is reasonable), at one point summing the 5 NCAA wins and the three gold medal wins to make an even more impressive total of 8. So, what did Greenie say about Geno's total? A total of 13? Nothing, of course. But this morning, he did mention UConn women, once again dredging up the bit about too much dominance not being "good for the game."

He also did, predictably, rattle on at length about a former Northwestern grad being installed (for the moment) as Denver's starting QB. And this is a good illustration of the mountain that WCBB still has to climb. A guy who has NEVER won a NFL game, and was only somewhat better-than-average in college gets 15 minutes of mad props, but the all-time greatest women's BB program and coach gets a slap in the face.

I enjoy Mike & Mike, but their parochialism gets tedious at times.

There are Media people that are anti-Women's sports, or just ignorant of the accomplishments, or envious of the successes of Geno and UConn and therefore ignore Geno's success. Yet there are other that see the success and because it is done by women, it cannot be as outstanding as men's games. There are also a few who were lost souls that wandered into a UConn WBB game and got hooked--it would appear I am in that category.

Reaction Score
If anyone ever had the "Midas " touch, Geno does.[/QUOTE

How is your physical well being going?? Hope your are fully recovered and chugging along like the "engine that could".

Geno's has 2 or more secret weapons--that are not so secret and it is beyond comprehension why others don't apply them to their teams:
Beyond excellent physical conditioning--his top 8 can run solid for 60 or more minutes and play at a top level. They are (mostly) fundamentally correct and they buy into and play "team defense" ; switching isn't an art but Geno's teams make it look like one.

Carnac

Reaction Score

All the color has returned to my cheeks. I feel like my old self. :)

Reaction Score
All the color has returned to my cheeks. I feel like my old self. :)
I am more than pleased to read that!! You are definitely one of the good guys--you should wear a white turban.

Carnac

Reaction Score
About time to put the turban back on, right?:)

Not quite. In early November, right after the second exhibition game, and just before Florida State. I'll have two games under my belt then, and I'll be in a position to make some informed (reasonably intelligent) predictions without going too far out on the old limb. I'll be ready. I've got a fresh set of tea leaves, and I had my crystal ball re-calibrated. I'm all set. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom