Geno Auriemma doesn't always trust UConn's bench, but it came up big in the Elite Eight | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma doesn't always trust UConn's bench, but it came up big in the Elite Eight

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

After not playing Qadence Samuels in the second round of the NCAA Tournament against Syracuse, Geno Auriemma apologized to the guard. He pulled her aside after the game and told her it wasn’t personal. That her time was coming. That he believed in her. “I feel like he really means it when it comes to him apologizing,” Samuels said. “He'll make up for things and he’ll finally trust us.” ... “Q’s dying to play. She’s like a caged lion in there. She’s just fidgeting on the bench all the time. She wants to get in and play. And I thought she was scrappy,”
“A year ago, I was not playing, horribly out of shape, and fast forward a year later, I'm playing big minutes in a game like this,” Brady said. “Yeah, God is good. And I'm so thankful to be here. Especially to do it with these people. This coaching staff and this group. It means everything.” Exponential pressures were placed on Brady this fall even before her first collegiate game. Because of injuries, she was now Aaliyah Edwards’ backup. A big shoe to fill for anyone, let alone someone yet to have played a collegiate game.

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to remind Geno that you can take a girl out if she isn't doing well. In his comments he sounded like he didn't sub because of a feel he gets in practice and when you have a short bench you need to role the dice and see if maybe they just didn't practice good that week or day. Every sub played good minutes and played really hard every second they were in the game. Nika and KK really dialed up the defense too even with 4 fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom