Geno Auriemma as head coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma as head coach?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm thrilled with KO coaching the men's team and Geno coaching the women's team. The talk of Geno coaching the men's team has less impact for me than any of the posters who want KO gone and offer whatever suggestions to replace him.
The guy knows bb at all levels. The only thing we don't know is how well he could relate with the male athlete.

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled with KO coaching the men's team and Geno coaching the women's team. The talk of Geno coaching the men's team has less impact for me than any of the posters who want KO gone and offer whatever suggestions to replace him.
The guy knows bb at all levels. The only thing we don't know is how well he could relate with the male athlete.

He'd be a good coach, there's no doubt about it, guy can coach and knows the game. But elite talent who stays 4 years vs male athletes who have huge ego's, from the inner city, not great students sometimes, not good fundamentally much of the time - it's not the same. Women are drilled and learn fundamentals before they even get to college, especially the one's Geno gets they are already of the highest rankled kids on the best teams more often than not. The are high IQ kids, if they have the goods already he will make them even better than they can imagine, that's his gold. He even said recently "I can tell if a girl can rebound as soon as I watch her, does she box out, does she want the ball and has good hands" he can see it and I am sure it's one in the same with scoring, passing, defending etc etc.. Guys actually don't listen well because of ego's, crappy coaches on the AAU circuit and even in HS. Different world, but I would never doubt he would eventually become a very good if not great coach given time with the men. Just too good.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He'd be a good coach, there's no doubt about it, guy can coach and knows the game. But elite talent who stays 4 years vs male athletes who have huge ego's, from the inner city, not great students sometimes, not good fundamentally much of the time - it's not the same. Women are drilled and learn fundamentals before they even get to college, especially the one's Geno gets they are already of the highest rankled kids on the best teams more often than not. The are high IQ kids, if they have the goods already he will make them even better than they can imagine, that's his gold. He even said recently "I can tell if a girl can rebound as soon as I watch her, does she box out, does she want the ball and has good hands" he can see it and I am sure it's one in the same with scoring, passing, defending etc etc.. Guys actually don't listen well because of ego's, crappy coaches on the AAU circuit and even in HS. Different world, but I would never doubt he would eventually become a very good if not great coach given time with the men. Just too good.
Actually the biggest thing that frustrates Geno is that the women are not coached up to their potential to the same degree as men. Everything else is spot on. The male ego is definitely different than the female ego.

It's hard to project, but in listening to Geno talk about the NBA he has an astute grasp of the players. So it's only a matter of relating to them. It's easier to understand things than to implement things which is why no one can be certain. But I'd bet money on his success if he had chosen to switch ten years ago. I think his age precludes him from doing that now even if coaching women was no longer challenging to him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So not only does someone rehash this mindless crap, but they do it right after the men play the best game they'd played all year, and maybe most of last year too? This is definitely threat punch level trolling.

Reaction Score
So not only does someone rehash this mindless crap, but they do it right after the men play the best game they'd played all year, and maybe most of last year too? This is definitely threat punch level trolling.

Throat too H-Hawk!;)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
OP made before the game. Hope the poster keeps it up. Apparently good for the mojo and/or had KO shaking in his shoes.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Geno coach a men's team. Would be really interesting. A lot more interesting that 500 more 94-41 games
Those are spreads that Diaco managed only on the wrong side of the spread.

Geno was not a fan of those differentials. This season is exciting for him. Very little margin for error. Still don't think they win a NC. But if they do I'd bet it would be one of his favorites.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom