Geno and Muffet. | The Boneyard

Geno and Muffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I knew they were assistants under Bill Foster. But until today i never knew that Muffet had offered Geno a assistant coach job during his second year at U Conn. That could of really changed the face of women's college basketball history.

Reaction Score
I knew they were assistants under Bill Foster. But until today i never knew that Muffet had offered Geno a assistant coach job during his second year at U Conn. That could of really changed the face of women's college basketball history.[/

And...you have something to back this up? We don't take kindly to rumors around here.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Man, I can't wait until the end of August and celebrate September.

Reaction Score
I knew they were assistants under Bill Foster. But until today i never knew that Muffet had offered Geno a assistant coach job during his second year at U Conn. That could of really changed the face of women's college basketball history.
No you didnt because it was Jim Foster not Bill,lol.

Reaction Score
There once was a coach from Storrs
Who blew off every opponent's doors
every game was a rout
and there is no doubt
he could beat yours with hisn' and hisn' with yours

So what you're sayin' is,this aforementioned coach could of had a subservient foster child relationship with the Muffster.With a quizzical look on my face all i can say is "whoodathunkit",shut uuuuuup

Reaction Score
And...you have something to back this up? We don't take kindly to rumors around here.
I bumped into it yesterday. Yes Jim my bad. It was a quote from Geno. I will try to find the article again. I was looking up information to see if Muffet and Geno were under Foster at the same time and thats how i found it. I do not make up stories. It's not that serious. Its obvious he said know .

Reaction Score
I bumped into it yesterday. Yes Jim my bad. It was a quote from Geno. I will try to find the article again. I was looking up information to see if Muffet and Geno were under Foster at the same time and thats how i found it. I do not make up stories. It's not that serious. Its obvious he said know .
No you didnt because it was Jim Foster not Bill,lol.
Bill was a College basketball coach as well. Easy mistake to make. No need to act rude .

Reaction Score
This is fact!!!! I got from a Priest who got it from a Rabbi, who talked to a Pastor, who read it in Houdini's grand sons internet site. And you know --if it's on the internet--it's FACT.

Can you imagine Geno working for Muffet? Cat's and Dog's, Oil and Water.
Stranger things have happened--!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
This is fact!!!! I got from a Priest who got it from a Rabbi, who talked to a Pastor, who read it in Houdini's grand sons internet site. And you know --if it's on the internet--it's FACT.

Can you imagine Geno working for Muffet? Cat's and Dog's, Oil and Water.
Stranger things have happened--!
Really? Name one.

Reaction Score
Bill was a College basketball coach as well. Easy mistake to make. No need to act rude .
I can see you are new to The Boneyard so I will offer a bit of advice. If you are afraid of being corrected..... don't post here. People aren't being rude, they just like things correct. I joke with my sister that if I don't know something I just start posting things that are almost right and someone will correct me. I don't get offended, I just use it as another type of Google Search. Here, I'll show you what I mean. Holly Warlick has 4 years left on her contract and she makes $900,000 per year. Enjoy The boneyard and glad to have you aboard. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not likely. Both Geno and Muffet served under Jim Foster at St. Joe’s but they were never on the same staff. Geno was at St. Joes from 78-79. Muffet was at St. Joes from 80-82. After St. Joe’s the paths diverged, Geno went on to coach HS boy’s and Muffet got the HC job at Lehigh.
Geno’s 2nd year at UCONN would have been 1987. In 1987 Muffet was finishing up as HC at Lehigh and entering ND. So Muffet would have been offering Geno- already a HC in the Big East a position to be an assistant coach in something called the North Star Conference.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

"know"?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I can see you are new to The Boneyard so I will offer a bit of advice. If you are afraid of being corrected..... don't post here. People aren't being rude, they just like things correct. I joke with my sister that if I don't know something I just start posting things that are almost right and someone will correct me. I don't get offended, I just use it as another type of Google Search. Here, I'll show you what I mean. Holly Warlick has 4 years left on her contract and she makes $900,000 per year. Enjoy The boneyard and glad to have you aboard. :)

Holly makes $665,000 per year with 4 years left.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Holly makes $665,000 per year with 4 years left.

This is the kind of BY standard we're talking about 8 Minutes between the posting and the correction of the Salary for Holly.

Reaction Score
Holly is eligible for a bonus that would bring her total compensation to $900,000. A correction. The contract only runs 3 more seasons. (Through March of 2019

Reaction Score
Wasnt intended to be rude. Just stated a fact. How about the article? Hard to believe nobody knows about this but you. I would like to read it. I have been following Uconn since Geno started recruiting Laura Lishness from my hometown in the 80s and never heard this.

Reaction Score
Maybe if Geno coached with Muffet. She would have more than 1 National Championship,lol!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The thought occurred to me that between payouts to Tyler Summitt ($176K annually for doing nothing) and Holly Warlick ($665K+ annually for doing something) the folks in Tennessee cannot be accused of being stingy.

I'll let others debate whether or not they are getting their money's worth.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The thought occurred to me that between payouts to Tyler Summitt ($176K annually for doing nothing) and Holly Warlick ($665K+ annually for doing something) the folks in Tennessee cannot be accused of being stingy.

I'll let others debate whether or not they are getting their money's worth.
There really shouldn't be any debate. Holly is not only deserving of a raise but also overdue for a long extension. TN is definitely getting their money worth from Holly. Keep in mind this is coming from a unbiased UCONN fan.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
There really shouldn't be any debate. Holly is not only deserving of a raise but also overdue for a long extension. TN is definitely getting their money worth from Holly. Keep in mind this is coming from a unbiased UCONN fan.

I second that !

"Coach for Life" is a term to be considered in her next contract talks.

Reaction Score
The other way around makes more sense to me. The Muffet could have learned the good stuff then maybe changed history. Maybe!!

Reaction Score
Wasnt intended to be rude. Just stated a fact. How about the article? Hard to believe nobody knows about this but you. I would like to read it. I have been following Uconn since Geno started recruiting Laura Lishness from my hometown in the 80s and never heard this.
I came home after my daughters game and looked for it just to prove i didn't make it up and cant find it lol. Trust me it was a surprise to me to. Iv been a fan of the game for awhile as well. I started following around the time of the Old Dominion era. I Remember Ann Myers and Nancy Lieberman being hot stuff around the time i first started watching. I will keep looking. Maybe it was a dream.

Reaction Score
I came home after my daughters game and looked for it just to prove i didn't make it up and cant find it lol. Trust me it was a surprise to me to. Iv been a fan of the game for awhile as well. I started following around the time of the Old Dominion era. I Remember Ann Myers and Nancy Lieberman being hot stuff around the time i first started watching. I will keep looking. Maybe it was a dream.
How did your daughters do? I hope they won and played well. I asked to see the article because I love the history of the game as well as the game itself. I grew up talking smack after I brought them to school( there ABCs)and they did the same. It wasnt limited to just basketball either. In those days we played sports which were my video games. Life growing up in the project. Nothing personal.

Reaction Score
"know"?:rolleyes:
I meant no. Sorry i work all day and by the time i get on line im half a sleep. Im not very good at punctuation either nor am i a former spelling bee champ but i know my sports and that's why im here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom