GDL coachspeak | Page 4 | The Boneyard

GDL coachspeak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hysterical! Good luck UConn fans! As a lifelong Orange fan, I can tell you the problem with both of these crusty old goats is their stubborness. Their unwillingness to change with the times is what led to their demise. Now that they're both 10 years older, the game will have passed them by even further. But trust me, they'll "keep doing what they've been doing" as they always said, hahaha!

This quote rings the bell because we may have just witnessed it today in 1 presser and 1 interview. Conference play starts now. We'll find out sooner than later.

Reaction Score
October is also the last month where you can expect to see that glowing orb in the sky that sometimes appears in Germany.

Reaction Score
October is also the last month where you can expect to see that glowing orb in the sky that sometimes appears in Germany.
Yup... Nothing like the sun coming up at 9am and going down at 4 pm, with it pretty much clouded over in between. But Christmas is pretty cool, Can't wait for April!

Reaction Score
In regards to GD's talk about 3rd downs and his play calling all I hear is: "blah blah blah, we are scared of our weaknesses and especially scared of the other team's defensive strengths"..........That is such a High School football way of thinking....Going into every game hoping and wishing you get an early lead and hold on to win by 3 by the score of 13-10...Forget the concept of fighting to get to 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4......How about getting back to back 1st downs..or picking up 3 first downs at once with a 30 yard completion...Threaten the defense a little....Have them worried about what we could do at any given time. Instead of curling up in the fetal position because your scared of getting hit in the face, Throw a freaking punch!

Yeah. . . what he just said. Deleone must go and probably take PP with him.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yup... Nothing like the sun coming up at 9am and going down at 4 pm, with it pretty much clouded over in between. But Christmas is pretty cool, Can't wait for April!
So... you're saying Germany's climate is a lot like upstate NY?

Reaction Score
So... you're saying Germany's climate is a lot like upstate NY?
Yup... I even considered becoming a Syracuse fan but then I just jammed an ice pick into my testicles instead... Same result, less time. I'm nothing if not efficient (must be the German influence).

Reaction Score
Whitmer should just go ballistic with audibles. Fecundity DeLeone.

I see other teams use audibiles, is CW given authority to change plays? I think that is one of the problems, he sees 8 in box and can't change to quick pass. Have you seen CW change plays, maybe I've just missed it. Other teams are doing it to our defense, either from sidelines or by QB.

Reaction Score
I see other teams use audibiles, is CW given authority to change plays? I think that is one of the problems, he sees 8 in box and can't change to quick pass. Have you seen CW change plays, maybe I've just missed it. Other teams are doing it to our defense, either from sidelines or by QB.
I had asked the same question in a couple of threads but I've gotten no answer...

Reaction Score
I had asked the same question in a couple of threads but I've gotten no answer...

Post a technical football thread asking about CW's ability to audible ... crickets.

Post a thread about Gratz wanting a Rutgers schollie offer out of high school ... 6 pages.

Only on the boneyard ...

Reaction Score

Post a technical football thread asking about CW's ability to audible ... crickets.

Post a thread about Gratz wanting a Rutgers schollie offer out of high school ... 6 pages.

Only on the boneyard ...

Maybe for a change nobody will make up an answer and pass it off as gospel. Not sure how anyone would know unless they very, very, very close to the team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe for a change nobody will make up an answer and pass it off as gospel. Not sure how anyone would know unless they very, very, very close to the team.
Pshhhhh..... this is the internet!

Reaction Score
There has been no evidence either in the press or during a game that suggests Whitmer can or has called an audible, so its probably safe to assume he is currently not allowed to do so.

Reaction Score
There has been no evidence either in the press or during a game that suggests Whitmer can or has called an audible, so its probably safe to assume he is currently not allowed to do so.

Thank you for making my point moot....

Reaction Score

Doesn't that seem like it puts Uconn at a disadvantage? To not have a basic 2 or 3 plays that you can audible to or get from sidelines seems not state of art re college coaching.

Reaction Score
I had actually asked if anyone remembers seeing him audible out of a called play, so I guess the lack of an answer could have been interpreted as a negative.

Reaction Score
I've seen him audible out of passing plays on first down to McCombs up the middle. Hah

Reaction Score
didnt want to start a new thread on this but did anyone hear P on radio last night? I heard that he grudgingly acknowledged that "we might have gotten a little too conservative" against Buffalo in the third quarter. couldnt find audio on the TIC website .

Reaction Score
The only QB I ever really noticed calling audibles was Dan O. And he was great at it.

Reaction Score
we have a top 10 defense......why not let them win the game for us?

A top 10 defense that gave up over 300 yards against W. Michigan and Buffalo. We leaned on the defense against Buffalo in the second half and it almost cost us the game! Just because we have a great defense doesn't mean you quit on offense. DL stinks period!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom