GBN draft board top 200 | The Boneyard

GBN draft board top 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NFL daft (with compensatory picks) usually goes to about 230-240 players. This list was updated Saturday. Our guys....

#76 - Blidi
#146 - Trevado
#186 - Gratz

I expect that Sio will be climbing some draft boards. The numbers will move around after Senior Bowl week and reset again after the NFL combine.

http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html

Reaction Score
The NFL daft (with compensatory picks) usually goes to about 230-240 players. This list was updated Saturday. Our guys....

#76 - Blidi
#146 - Trevado
#186 - Gratz

I expect that Sio will be climbing some draft boards. The numbers will move around after Senior Bowl week and reset again after the NFL combine.

http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html
It will be interesting to see what happens with Trevardo Williams. I had hoped UConn would move him to LB at some point, as I expected it to be his position after college if he chose to continue. He was a decent college DE, who got much better against the run as he got stronger, but there is no way he plays DE in the league. With his 4.4 speed, he would be a great safety. He could even shed a few extra pounds and still be a huge hitter. Too bad he has no experience playing off the line.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what happens with Trevardo Williams. I had hoped UConn would move him to LB at some point, as I expected it to be his position after college if he chose to continue. He was a decent college DE, who got much better against the run as he got stronger, but there is no way he plays DE in the league. With his 4.4 speed, he would be a great safety. He could even shed a few extra pounds and still be a huge hitter. Too bad he has no experience playing off the line.

I read that he is playing the Senior Bowl as a LB so they'll soon see...

Reaction Score

Michael Strahan played his last (and possibly best) 2-3 seasons at 235 lbs. After he slimmed down considerably, he was much more effective. TW is very close to that size.
This is not to say that TW will play a huge role as a 4-3 WDE, but it is definitely possible that he could play a similar role as a backup in a 4-3, or a OLB hybrid in a 3-4 playing half down, and half up.

Reaction Score

Many great 3-4 OLB (or inside linebacker for that matter, Teddy Bruschi played D Line at Arizona) had no or limited experience standing up in college. You can bet scouts are focusing quite a bit on how Trevardo is fairing with LBers at the senior bowl, and will test him quite a bit at the combine.

He will be bringing a ton of speed off the edge as a 3-4 backer. He needs to show he can stand up against the run. I have little doubt that he will be fine in pass coverage.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think GBN underestimates UConn players overall. He has done it in the past as well.
CBS Draft ratings has Blidi at 110, Williams 119, Gratz 143, Sio 145, Johnson is 280 and Griffin 308.

All could climb up the draft boards depending how they do at the combines and individual sessions.

Reaction Score

What has he shown you to make you believe he would be a good pro safety? He's more than likely too small to be a DE at the next level, but his athletic ability should allow him to have some flexibility as an OLB in both the 3-4 and the 4-3. He's a guy who I feel could really shoot up draft boards based on his combine numbers.

Reaction Score
What has he shown you to make you believe he would be a good pro safety? He's more than likely too small to be a DE at the next level, but his athletic ability should allow him to have some flexibility as an OLB in both the 3-4 and the 4-3. He's a guy who I feel could really shoot up draft boards based on his combine numbers.
I qualified the safety remark by saying he didn't have the experience of being a DB. He has great size and speed for the position though. Same for LB. It's a gamble to say he'll pick up the changes to cover receivers fast or easily. Not impossible, but it won't be easy at that level, and he'll be picked on a lot.

Reaction Score
I qualified the safety remark by saying he didn't have the experience of being a DB. He has great size and speed for the position though. Same for LB. It's a gamble to say he'll pick up the changes to cover receivers fast or easily. Not impossible, but it won't be easy at that level, and he'll be picked on a lot.

Most I see is a LB that develops good coverage skills and can possibly be a hybrid type in a nickel package. That would still require a lot more experience and even then, he's far more LB than safety. If he does develop good LB cover skills and can hang with TEs and RBs, watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom