Gator ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Gator ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I wonder if gators have nightmares about Huskies? They should.
  2. We didn't shoot well. Not from 3, not from 2 and not from the FT line. Well, except for CV, whose 6 of 6 from the line was key.
  3. Given #2, how the hell did we win the game? By winning all the other categories. We narrowly won the boards, 38-37. Assists, 11-9. Steals, 7-4. blocks, 4-3. 9 turnovers to their 13. and 14 fouls to their 21.
  4. Tyler Polley continued his much improved, although still sub par for his size, rebounding, with 5 boards, pushing his average up to 3.3 boards per game.
  5. I really thought that AG's ill advised 3 ball at around the 3 minute mark was going to cost us the W. He did atone for it though, with a clutch jumper for our last FG, when we were ahead by a slim point.
  6. None of our bigs had a great rebounding game, but none of them stunk the joint up on the boards, either. Still, even with a sub-par 4 board (all offensive!) performance against Florida, Vital continues to lead the team in rebounding, with a 9rpg average.
  7. I don't think that CV in years 1, 2 or 3 would have dribbled out the last possession. Ahead of the field on a breakaway, he would have tried to slam it. Might've made it, too. Even if not, it probably wouldn't have cost us. Maybe. But dribbling it out, the worst case would have been him at the line with less than a second left. I was impressed with his decision making when he look a left under the hoop and burned up the last 1.5 seconds.
  8. Other than a couple boards and a block for Sid, our sophs had another non-factor game.
  9. Was surprised to see Whaley get serious minutes in the 2nd half. Coach's confidence in him must be on the rise. Glad he was there, because he was strong on the boards.
  10. Akok looked comfortable and active in his first national TV game. We still haven't seen him put up the big numbers from 3, but there's time.
  11. Overall, it was refreshing to see the turnaround from the horrid performance against St Joe's. Hurley pulled the right strings, and the guys responded well.
  12. I missed the first 10 minutes or so of the game, but what I saw looked like two reasonably good teams competing hard. Was fun on that note as a bball fan. As a UConn fan, it was encouraging, and ultimately, rewarding.
  13. Now it's on to Charleston, and Bouknight's Husky debut. Should be fun!

Reaction Score
We may see them in the Charleston Classic... so careful with ur words. It will be a different atmosphere down south.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. Was surprised to see Whaley get serious minutes in the 2nd half. Coach's confidence in him must be on the rise. Glad he was there, because he was strong on the boards.
The tension was building during that time, and after an unfavorable call stopped the clock, Whaley attempted to gather his teammates under his arms to regroup. It didn't quite work for the others, but it was very clear that he was focused and seeking to be a leader. I hope to see more like that. He cares.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
  1. I don't think that CV in years 1, 2 or 3 would have dribbled out the last possession. Ahead of the field on a breakaway, he would have tried to slam it. Might've made it, too. Even if not, it probably wouldn't have cost us. Maybe. But dribbling it out, the worst case would have been him at the line with less than a second left. I was impressed with his decision making when he look a left under the hoop and burned up the last 1.5 seconds.
Can't agree more. Time is more valuable than points there and I got a kick out of the fact his not going up for the slam didn't only surprise me but the Florida dude. That play, plus the fact he played great, team ball in the 2nd half has me back on his bandwagon.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I got a kick out of the fact his not going up for the slam didn't only surprise me but the Florida dude.
The guy already had the shot blocked in his head. Chased Vital up the sideline and took a swipe at the ball about 2 seconds after the horn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom