Gampel Visit | The Boneyard

Gampel Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am nearing the end of a two week visit to CT, spending time with my elderly parents and other family and old friends. I have tickets to go to tonight's game at Gampel with my Dad and cousin and I am very excited! Its been years since I've been to the UCONN campus to see a game there and I am thrilled that I will see the last home appearances for Kelly Faris, Caroline Doty and Heather Buck. Go Huskies!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am nearing the end of a two week visit to CT, spending time with my elderly parents and other family and old friends. I have tickets to go to tonight's game at Gampel with my Dad and cousin and I am very excited! Its been years since I've been to the UCONN campus to see a game there and I am thrilled that I will see the last home appearances for Kelly Faris, Caroline Doty and Heather Buck. Go Huskies!!!
Have fun. :D

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If you haven't been on the campus "for years", take some time to drive around. I think you'll be impressed with the changes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Enjoy both the game and the campus ...and the dairy bar.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Sorry we couldn't bring you some spring weather as well as the game. Enjoy!!

Reaction Score
Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing campus, though there probably won't be time for the Dairy (sigh!) And I apologize to you all for the weather, it got bad when I arrived and will get warm just after I leave on Wednesday! I am usually here a bit later and usually miss the Huskies but get to see the Red Sox. At least Huskies won't be rained out like the Sox were for my last visit!

Reaction Score
The Sox were rained out? Probably a good thing the way they played last year.

Reaction Score
Well, I had a great, great time tonight! UCONN campus nearly unrecognizable since my days there as a student four decades ago and even greatly changed since my last visit several years back. We had some really good seats, five rows off the court but down near the basket the Huskies shot at in the second half. It was a pretty entertaining game! But it was a shame they couldn't find any experienced refs and had to hire those blind amateurs! Man, they were HORRIBLE!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Ah, the refs....we do seem to get the three blind mice brigade on a regular basis!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But it was a shame they couldn't find any experienced refs and had to hire those blind amateurs! Man, they were HORRIBLE!

I heard that a lot. But they were fine. They didn't call a ton of fouls and they seemed to get most of them right. The crowd went beserk at one Doty blocking call, but it was correct. She clearly slid in.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If that was the one that Auriemma went ballistic on it was a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom