Gampel v XL Center Records - Daily Campus | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gampel v XL Center Records - Daily Campus

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
How much do you think they'd lose in donations?

Much more significant than concessions. Especially concessions at GP

Does anyone even buy concessions at GP?
No, they don't. The lines are always too long. Also, I've become accustomed to drinking beer in Hartford and not drinking beer in Storrs. Plus, there's 2 men's rooms in Storrs, and if you're on an end without one, it's a pain. I've been to a few games there this year and have bought 1 beer all year.

Reaction Score
No, they don't. The lines are always too long. Also, I've become accustomed to drinking beer in Hartford and not drinking beer in Storrs. Plus, there's 2 men's rooms in Storrs, and if you're on an end without one, it's a pain. I've been to a few games there this year and have bought 1 beer all year.
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
The lines deter people from buying food. Some people do buy food/beer, yes, but many more would if there were as many spots to do so as there are in Hartford.

When in Storrs, people see a fork in the road and they do not take it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The lines deter people from buying food. Some people do buy food/beer, yes, but many more would if there were as many spots to do so as there are in Hartford.

When in Storrs, people see a fork in the road and they do not take it.
I was at the Georgetown game. The concession lines were no longer than any line at the XL Center. Same for the bathroom.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was at the Georgetown game. The concession lines were no longer than any line at the XL Center. Same for the bathroom.
I mention it here from time to time but a new concourse is in the plans for Gampel. I suspect that means more in better food and beverage choices as well as additional restrooms, and probably some more seats. I believe it may be next up after the hockey arena.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Of course they were. There’s 4 concession stands at Gampel. There’s like 40 at XL. Probably 10x as many restrooms as well. I can buy all the beer I want in Hartford with no wait, and don’t have to walk across the entire arena to use the facilities.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of course they were. There’s 4 concession stands at Gampel. There’s like 40 at XL. Probably 10x as many restrooms as well. I can buy all the beer I want in Hartford with no wait, and don’t have to walk across the entire arena to use the facilities.
Handle/post

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Would really like to see a big student showing tomorrow. We need a win badly.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Handle/post
Id be willing to bet that the areas of Gampel where there’s concessions/restrooms are an illegal fire hazard. The corners of that place are a traffic jam mess.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Does anyone else ever need a double tequila in the middle of one of our games? I know I'm not the only one

The bar is crowded

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
No, they weren't.
When there’s 9,000 people sharing 4 concession stands, it’s impossible for them not to be. I won’t even wait in those lines at Gampel.

Reaction Score
The kid who wrote this article won't even go to the game on Tuesday because he won't have enough time "after class." Students today are so soft when it comes to being fans for this program. Can't blame them, they don't know any better. It's a sad reality with no one to blame, you just hope the ones that do show up make up for the one's that don't.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When there’s 9,000 people sharing 4 concession stands, it’s impossible for them not to be. I won’t even wait in those lines at Gampel.
What's also impossible is for 9,000 people to be in any given line at the same time, for two and a half hours straight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Id be willing to bet that the areas of Gampel where there’s concessions/restrooms are an illegal fire hazard. The corners of that place are a traffic jam mess.
I've been to a lot of games in an arena (AFH) that is an actual fire hazard, and neither Gampel nor XL fits that description. I like Gampel better but it could use more facilities and concession stands. Since they didn't sell beer before, you can imagine why it has less. Fenway used to be a disaster, but they found room to expand even that old relic. I think they can do the same in Gampel.

I would prefer to play fewer games at XL, but I think the winter break games should be played there, as it's more convenient for students and others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom