Gampel roof/ceiling repair delayed | The Boneyard

Gampel roof/ceiling repair delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AP News : UConn agrees to delay roof repairs at Gampel Pavilion

The University of Connecticut won't be repairing the roof at its basketball arena this summer after all.

The school's Board of Trustees voted Wednesday to delay the $10 million project for at least a year because the state is approaching its borrowing cap.

Spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz says the school was asked to identify projects that could be put off and fixing Gampel Pavilion was among those chosen. The board voted just last month to approve the repairs.

Reaction Score
I think it may just be due to Brimah's availability. Pretty sure the plan is to have him manually hold the tiles up while they affix them to the ceiling. They need to know he's not going pro or some extra ladders will have to be ordered

Reaction Score
We're waiting to see if Daniel Hamilton is a first-rounder or not.

Reaction Score
Can't make fun of the "RAC" anymore.

You clearly have not been to the RAC lately. While Gampel's ceiling is peeling and looks ugly, the RAC as a whole is falling apart as it is a decade older than Gampel and Rutgers has barely spent a cent on it since.

Reaction Score
You clearly have not been to the RAC lately. While Gampel's ceiling is peeling and looks ugly, the RAC as a whole is falling apart as it is a decade older than Gampel and Rutgers has barely spent a cent on it since.
No attack on you Conehead (and as a footballer I love the Block C :)) but comparing our situation to that of Rutgers is that of apples & oranges or actually winners & losers. Then again they got the conference. :(:mad::confused:
I am not even bashing Rutgers, I simply feel this is embarrassing for UCONN. With the amount of National Championships that have been won by the men and women under this roof it should get the respect of a shrine! ;)
Having said that it is also a very good indicator of just where our state is at, that and the fact they never put money back where it came from. This may be the time to find out if the new AD is a rock star in Susan's eyes and also how big a pair he has to push for what both basketball teams and fans deserve.
You simply can't tout it as a world class university if you can't fix the roof. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No attack on you Conehead (and as a footballer I love the Block C :)) but comparing our situation to that of Rutgers is that of apples & oranges or actually winners & losers. Then again they got the conference. :(:mad::confused:
I am not even bashing Rutgers, I simply feel this is embarrassing for UCONN. With the amount of National Championships that have been won by the men and women under this roof it should get the respect of a shrine! ;)
Having said that it is also a very good indicator of just where our state is at, that and the fact they never put money back where it came from. This may be the time to find out if the new AD is a rock star in Susan's eyes and also how big a pair he has to push for what both basketball teams and fans deserve.
You simply can't tout it as a world class university if you can't fix the roof. :eek:
I was teasing about the Rutgers thing. But I one hundred percent agree with you Woof. I am very surprised that the BOT would let this happen.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
President Trump will make fixing the roof at Gampel his first order of business.

Reaction Score
Rutgers should not be the standard that UConn measures itself by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom