Gampel louder than ever? | The Boneyard

Gampel louder than ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was it just me or was that the best atmosphere you have seen at a Uconn game in a long time? Motion to bring all home games to Gampel.

LET'S GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Hard to argue when you only get 10-12k in Hartford anyways.

Reaction Score
That was a hell of a crowd, really impressed. Great to see. Hopefully all home games after break will be near that level.

Reaction Score
AtlantaHusky said:
That was a hell of a crowd, really impressed. Great to see. Hopefully all home games after break will be near that level.

I think only Texas may have been louder...extremely close though. I thought the students were going to topple over when 'Bazz ran into the tunnel.

Reaction Score
Was it just me or was that the best atmosphere you have seen at a Uconn game in a long time? Motion to bring all home games to Gampel.

LET'S GO HUSKIES!

Eh, that had a big nutty game like that last year as well. I believe it was the Georgetown game that was out of control like that, but it ended in a loss. Let's hope we see more of those this year.

One other thing: certainly hope Warde realizes the power of having students enthused for games. They should do everything humanly possibly to make things easy for kids to get to XL and the Rent, and they should give them $1 tickets too!!!

Reaction Score
Give the crowd, especially the students, an assist. Great job by all.......

Reaction Score
Best crowd in a long long time. We should play all our big games there.

Reaction Score
started a thread on this, missed this one... great job guys

Reaction Score
Place was crazy! It literally felt like it was shaking!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
If ever you wanted a recruit in the house, it's for tonight's game, right?

Reaction Score
Gampel was great tonight. A+++to the students.

Nice touch beating on the plastic backs of the chairs in the student section while he students in the bleachers stomped away.

Even the old farts in my section were standing( thanks to the "Get Up Gampel" appeal by the students).

Reaction Score
Gampel was great tonight. A+++to the students.

Nice touch beating on the plastic backs of the chairs in the student section while he students in the bleachers stomped away.

Even the old farts in my section were standing( thanks to the "Get Up Gampel" appeal by the students).
Are you sure there wasn't a T-shirt give away that you were just missing?

Reaction Score
Loved Gampel, but hard to compare because Hartford rarely gets the same quality of opponents. Went to Louisville in Hartford last year and I thought the crowd was great until we started getting blown out. Storrs is clearly better, but I don't think Hartford is the cesspool people think it is, and as a New Haven resident, I appreciate the Hartford games.

Though tonight was well worth the drive.

Reaction Score
Tonight was the 2nd loudest I've ever heard Gampel, only bested by Villanova in 2005-06. That was a top 3 matchup.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Loved Gampel, but hard to compare because Hartford rarely gets the same quality of opponents. Went to Louisville in Hartford last year and I thought the crowd was great until we started getting blown out. Storrs is clearly better, but I don't think Hartford is the cesspool people think it is, and as a New Haven resident, I appreciate the Hartford games.

Though tonight was well worth the drive.

The game against Syracuse last year at the XL was fantastic. I was in the "nosebleeds" and people were yelling the entire game.

But last night was definitely special. Felt like a tournament atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Guys I was with said it was the best live game they've been at. Lower section was bouncing after SN hit the 4 point play. Loved the "stand up Gampel" chant by the students.

Reaction Score
It felt a bit like the old days (90's) when we were still tickled pink just to be winning. Before the entitlement and unreasonably (at times) lofty expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom